"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, July 11, 2005

Busy.. busy.. busy..


Participants of A SWATCH Outing
Originally uploaded by jazzkool.

Hey ppl.. Its been like 3 days since I've blogged! Its busy, busy, busy... Let me give u a brief update of wat happen the past 3 days.. so sit tight.. and here goes..

Saturday (09 July 2005):

Its the day of NDP NE SHOW 1.. I dun koe I'm excited or wat.. but I actually woke up like 3am in the morning.. but see the time, still so early.. so I went back to sleep, before waking up at 6am.. seeing the time is still so early, I slept till 6.45am and this time, I really cld not sleep liaoz.. I think I slept too much on Friday (8/7/05) liaoz.. So I went to the toilet and brush my teeth and stuff.. And then, its putting on contact lens time! The first time is always very kelang kaboh (which means very scattered minded in doing things).. I actually spend.. *gulp* 45 minutes juz to put a contact lens on! Darn long sia!! I put until I perspire!

Then its time at the Padang.. Its quite torturing in a sense tat I can't sleep.. becos' if I sleep, there is a possibility tat my contact lens wld dry up and thereby cannot take it out of my eyes.. so yupz..

Of course, it takes time to get used to it.. becos' the things which u do with ur specs (eg: fogging of specs after getting down frm an air-con bus) will no longer exist once u put on contacts! but I get used to it lah.. Cleaning sweat off my face was a breeze, compared to wearing specs! So yupz!! Another advantage of wearing specs!

Of course in the morning, one of the sgts again kao-pei.. dun koe why he so hot-tempered.. early in the morning, he juz show his temper for something which is so minute.. haiz.. then the time came where it was time for him to march for the rehearsals.. but then, unfortunately, he was not in the main team becos' of his height.. so he whole day remained sian! I can understand.. so probably tats why he showed his temper in the morning!
He told us to shine our boots but then, the warrant officers say brush shine can liaoz.. dun need to shine.. even other bases' sgts juz brush shine.. but then, why our base so special must shine?? these sgts are getting a bit dumb I muz say.. my blood is starting to boil.. so I better stop harping on this issue..

Then the time came where it was time for us to perform for the NE Show.. When first went in, the impression I get was NOISY! They sound like thousands of birds chirping in the evening on the trees.. no one even bother to clap for our execution of our drills and stuff correctly.. man.. wat a disappointment..

Thank goodness the bus arrived early.. so by 9pm, able to bk out.. Had a cab issue with my friends.. but in the end, I shared cab with another person.. they dun see my pt while I dun see theirs.. so ya.. muz why take with another person to avoid all arguments! =).. so by the time I reach home, its 10pm, and juz nice, my parents came back frm church.. so I've got hot, piping fried rice for supper.. =)

Sunday (10 July 2005):

Woke up like 8+am in the morning, and immediately, I woke up and polish my boots.. Once I started polishing, it lasts for abt 2 hrs! So tiring sia! My boots kept happening "mishaps" which made me polish my boots all over again! I got so fed up at one time, until I almost gave up..

Wanted to run other errands, but then no time, becos had to go to Sentosa for A SWATCH outing, and we meet at Mac like 12 noon... but then, its like 11.30pm and my sis and I still not ready.. its almost 12.45pm then we are ready! called wendy (who was the organiser) and told her tat both of us will be late.. shortly after, sarah msg over and said tat my sis and I take a cab and she wld pay for us the cabfare.. i agreed but later think tat so paiseh.. so my sis and I splitted the fare..

We waited for Min & Derek till like 2+pm, then we left for Sentosa..
Whilst waiting, I chatted with Joshua.. one of my best pals frm church (who also attended the outing yesterday).. and knew frm him tat he and another good friend of mine frm church, Xinyi, was involved in NDP as well.. its how small this world can be.. and how NDP can link 3 ppl together frm OCC.. hmm.. wonder whether there is more!
Anyway, thank goodness, Huimin & Samuel's mum is a member.. so the bus and entrance fees is FREE! Saved $3!! Cheapskate?? neh!! I dun think so!

We do quite a lot of stuff in Sentosa.. frm playing cards, to ultimate captain's ball, to swimming to the platform in the open sea to play ball and losers will jump to the sea and pick the ball..
I actually had no intention to swim.. but then, since I got wet by Joshua, therefore juz swim lah.. surprisingly, the water is warm and we first swam.. then soon, other ppl joined us.. so we swam till like 6+pm, then proceeded for dinner @ Marina South, Chin Huat BBQ Seafood.. the prawns are live when u cook it, therefore, its super fresh! When we went there, it was almost 9pm.. therefore, the waitress told us tat we go and see the food left, becos' they are not going to replenish anymore.. but we saw the spread and it was still ok.. so yupz.. when we asked whether got discount, they told us tat its not their fault, becos' we were late.. I was quite pissed off with the management when they told us this, but then, I dun care, and I told myself tat I'm going to make them bankrupt by eating a lot!! wahhaha.. 2 other fellows (derek & joshua) also shared the same sentiments as me. so I think we ate the most.. ha.. 3 growing boys.. with derek being the leader!! ha.. =P

so it was time to go home.. and since it was so late, we decided to take a cab.. 3 of us, sarah, my sis and myself took a cab home with the cab fare being splitted with 3 of us.. so we paid abt $3 per person! We actually wanted to call a cab, but then, I think the place too ulu already.. so no cab.. but thank God, we flagged down a cab soon.. and 15 mins later, we reach home.. quite fast lah.. thank God.. so by 11.30pm, my sis and I reached home loh!

Oh.. I've uploaded abt 120 photos of the A SWATCH Outing yersterday at Palawan Beach, Sentosa.. so click the link, "A SWATCH Outing @ Sentosa Photos!" to view ya?? =)

Oh.. Sarah and me was the photographers for the outing yesterday.. so Sarah actually videoed certain occasions.. and I've uploaded it to my blog, under "Video Gallery".. which is a new feature in my blog.. however, be prepared for the downloading time (if you want to view it!), as it is quite long.. it downloads like 1.86kb/sec and the file is like 3MB.. so it needs abt an hour.. one file is 9mb long.. so it needs longer! But this uploading thing is NOT done by me.. its done by another pal of mine frm church, Andrew! Thanx Andrew.. you're the BEST! =)
Will find an alternative website soon to dl the videos! Its in the works now, but dun koe whether successful.. so how loh!
Meantime, if you want to see the videos desperately, juz drop me a msg on MSN, then I'll sent you?? its faster tat way! =)

Monday (11 July 2005):

Argghhh.. something which I today very buay song!

This morning received an SMS frm my sgt, saying tat tml's NDP rehearsal at Nee Soon is cancelled.. so by right, I shld be going back tml morning.. but then, at camp, there is a possibility tat my shift has to help in the 100% incoming car checks this wk due to the lack of ppl.. dun koe whether its my sgt's idea or the officer's idea.. I wld most think its the sgt's idea.. but anyway, becos' of this, I have to bk in 2359 tonite!!

Was supposed to ask Marcus out today.. becos' I was so lonely today at home.. but tat was b4 I knew tat the rehearsal tml was cancelled.. then this morning, he msg me on MSN saying tat he is on leave.. so he asked me whether want to go out.. I immediately no mood liaoz.. becos another news came to me saying tat my shift have to bk in 2359..

Marcus then started to console me by saying stuff tat are encouraging.. tat helps a little, but I'm still feeling sad and disappointed.. haiz.. but anyway, thanx Marcus! =)

Haiz.. ok lah.. I think I muz start to bk-up impt files! I think some spyware is in my com, and I dun koe how to remove it.. *keeping my fingers cross!*

Sianz,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: