"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Preparation for SAF Day Parade 2005 (Part V)

Well.. the horror started yesterday nite when I went to AMK in bus 133 to meet my friend.. I was suppose to meet him at 9.45pm to share cab and take to camp becos' need to reach camp before 10.30pm.. so there we were.. and almost reaching the camp, both of us saw 2 of our friends who muz also bk in before 10.30pm becos they also going for drill rehearsal today!.. so in the end, the fare was $5.80.. ok.. am I going out of pt??

Anyway, in the cab yesterday, my friend then told me tat he got a msg frm one of the sgt tat we were suppose to bring the old No. 1 uniform (which he brought when he met me), becos' the CDF vetting today of the reherasal has been cancelled!.. I was like saying to him, 'ok', but at the same time, I was like a bit worried, becos' my old No. 1 top was still hanging at the top of the bamboo stick to dry and have NOT iron yet.. Then everyone actually brought their old and new No.1 to camp.. I was like the only one who did not bring the old No.1..
The original plan was to bring the new No. 1 becos of CDF vetting.. so there being me, everyone heard the news becos they bk out in a grp but I was with another friend who didnt want to drag further our time, so therefore both of us walk first, while the rest are walking in grps.. its only then, then one of the sgt (who stayed for P1) actually told one person to tell us to bring our old No.1 (but then not all heard it!..)
So I was worried when I reach back camp, becos' I'm worried tat I may stain or make dirty the new No.1 and very hard to wash.. becos this new No.1 is used for occasions like the actual SAF Day Parade (on 1/7) & NDP 2005 (on 9/8).. so this is really impt!
I was like pissed off with some of my friends, becos' they assume I was there and therefore, did NOT tell me abt it.. arghh.. I was like moaning and groaning and feeling very uneasy abt this whole NEW No.1 top issue!

This morning woke up like 5am to fall in at 6.15am.. so early fall in also dun koe for wat.. anyway, did NOT sleep on the bus, as I was busy thinking how to salvage my NEW No. 1 top if it got stained and stuff.. so I was busy cleaning my rifle eye and stuff, to ensure minimal staining as possible! Tat was how stressed I felt!

Then its drill time!! Spend like the whole morning & afternoon practicing marching on the spot (in NS commands, we call it "henta kaki henta" with the timing and drum beat.. but sumhow, no matter how the RSMs gave us suggestions of how to improve n make us march on the spot as one contingent, it was highly IMPOSSIBLE.. its either we do it on the wrong leg (and therefore, go haywire becos ppl are marching on the spot with different legs and this is NOT acceptable as it looks very bad on our drill standard ) or the timing of marching on the spot was too fast (becos the ppl in front tend to and are rushing the timing).. in the end, we cld not do it, and kenna scolded and embarassed in front of the 13 contingents (the number of contingents tat took part in this yr's SAF Day Parade).. can sense tat ppl are getting fed up of us and ppl are at the verge of scolding us vulgarities or in their heart, kept calling us poor in drills or stupid.. becos' sometimes becos of us, the whole parade had to re-march in.. ya.. tat's how bad..

But after hours of resolving and discussions among the RSMs themselves, the RSMs finally resolved the issue, and they told us the solution and made us practice 2-3 times!.. and guess wat.. we got it! My RSM still the best! He is the one who once teach us the method and made us practice, we are able to do it! So after he taught us the method and after 15 mins of practice, we got it! Just like tat!! My RSM good huh?? No wonder he was NDP 2004 Parade RSM.. =)

So the final test (ie to see whether we still can maintain the correct timing and march on the spot as one contingent) came when it was the final run! N guess wat!! We did it!! I was so happy I tell you!! I felt a sense of acheievement!! The audience was cheering for us.. and wats best is tat, during our march past, we had a command which requires us to tilt our heads to 45 degrees right and chin up (in NS, the command is called, "pandan kekenan") .. and once we pass the grandstand, our RSMs were like cheering loudly for us.. I tell u.. tat kind of feeling was indescribable!! U feel as if you have achieve 100 marks for your effort! U feel so sky high!! I think I feel so happy tat I cld cry! *sorry for being so emotional!*

But the next best thing is tat before the final run, an announcement was made tat we need NOT change into our No. 1 for the final run (which we usually have to!) becos there is no vetting and stuff! I tell u!! tat made me the happiest man in the world.. why was I worrying in the first place?? I doubted God becos I somehow prayed a short prayer tat I can remove the stains, etc effectively n fast! man.. God is indeed GREAT!

Then after the rehersals, I discuss with my officer abt my leave thing, becos I have 3 days of leave to clear before 18/08/05 (the rule is tat I can only carry forward a maximum of 14 days of leave into my new year, which starts on 19/08/05).. becos one of my church mate is getting married on 04/09/05, so he is inviting me to be the pianist for his wedding.. I told him tat I can't confirm my attendance but I'm happy and honoured to be his wedding pianist! Anyway, my officer told me to discuss this when the date draws nearer becos he may not be my officer anymore when GOH ends! =(
Then I reminded him tat I was entitled a day off for my bday on 23/03/05, but then, tat day, my shift mounted.. so I like lugi lah.. but later I knew tat I cld claim!!
So I discuss with my officer and he let me take the day off on mon (27/6) becos I told him tat its my dad bday, which is true anyway! He agreed but he said tat this is only tentative, becos if sumthing crop up at the last min, I wld not be able to go on off.. so ya.. so praying tat he will let me go on off loh!

And yeh!! My parents are coming back frm church camp tml afternoon.. so I wont be lonely anymore in this house!

Also, the previous day, I've received news tat I need to shift bunks becos orders given frm the top management.. they want to put the GOH shift together in 2 bunks! however, today the lastest news is tat I do NOT need to shift bunk becos other ppl will move in.. so happy!.. juz hope tat there is NO last minute changes!

Last but not least, I'll be bking in tml morning b4 0745 in camp.. yeh!! This means tat I can sleep on my own bed and sleep and hug my pillows! Its nothing better than home!

Man.. today I feel so happy.. oh.. did I mention tat I ate chocolates juz now?? FYI: U koe tat chocolates can make u feel happy?? Oh.. didn't u koe tat??

**Psst! I'm craving for durians.. I gonna get some on other days or maybe tml?? hmm.. anyone care to sponser some durians?? =)

Ciaoz n have a GREAT week ahead,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: