"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, June 13, 2005

Home Alone..

Allo!! Though I may sound happy, but actually, I'm feeling extremely empty and sad.. I never had such a terrible feeling before.. Even though I've been to camps and have left home for abt the same period of time I've been home alone, I've never felt so lonely before! Hmm.. why does this happen to me??

Anyway, to show tat I've still got a life, here is the blogpost for today! so sit tight and here goes..

Argh... the Class 95 thingy still doesn't work.. man.. its getting on my nerves.. nevertheless, I will still leave it there and see how.. so you all pls. be patient too??

Yesterday after my parents left for church camp, abt an hour later, I also left my home, but to camp for doing P1.. yesterday at camp was extremely boring.. I practically slept my day thru.. I think in total (plus yesterday nite's sleep) I had abt 12-14hrs of sleep and tats a lot!! I normally juz need abt 8hrs of sleep a day and tats all!
Anyway, at camp yesterday, besides sleeping and eating my meals, I also brought yesterday's newspaper and 8 Days Magazine to read.. of course, I also brought my discman to camp to have a change in music.. always listen to FM radio, quite boring.. so yesterday, the first CD I played on my discman was Michael W. Smith, "Worship Again".. suddenly felt so spiritual.. haha.. it has a scottish influence (becos of the no. of songs which has violin and irish flute background).. nice cd.. you shld buy if you have the cash to spare.. may upload it and put it in my blog.. see how the Class 95 thingy goes ya.. =)

Then this morning, wore my uniform to collect my rifle frm the main guardroom's restroom.. usually, we can go down in vest and slack but then today, dun koe why my sgt call us to wear our uniform!.. haiz.. so had to follow instructions loh!

Then we slack again in bunk for the whole day.. was actually suppose to have stand-by area but then the sgt never came.. so we juz slack in bunk.. my bunk mates were playing PS2 (Playstation 2) while I'm juz like humbly sitting on my bed and listen to my FM radio.. when I'm not listening, I wld be sleeping.. life in camp can be so boring at times.. moreover, I've got so much time in my hands today tat I kept thinking abt my parents being at church camp, whilst me being home alone.. so this is a disadvantage of being home alone.. I juz cant stand the quietness of the house.. =(.. like this, means I cannot go overseas or stay at a local uni hostel and study liaoz.. I wld die of boredom and quietness!
But its so weird, becos' when ppl are at home, u wish u are home alone, but when no one is at home, u wish otherwise.. its weird isn't it??

Had a chat with one of my shift mates who is diagonsed with a kidney disease.. he also got a shock of his life why this happens.. and according to the doctor, he had this disease for abt 4 yrs, but he didnt koe it until last wk where he went to the A&E dept of a hospital for a check-up after a follow up session with my camp Medical Officer (MO), which the MO advice him to go for a more professional medical help, and then the MO refer him to the A&E dept.
He was telling me how low morale he felt becos of this.. well.. I sympatise with him but cld not do much.. but after a while, while I was alone, suddenly the Holy Spirit muz have prompted me to send an encouragement SMS to this friend of mine.. So I sat there and chose the SMSes which I had saved in my hp.. In the end, I chose a verse which says,
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

Of course, I didn't send the SMS immediately.. I waited till I've bk out then I msg him.. u may think why I've done this! But I somehow felt tat its not very apt to send him the SMS whilst I'm still in camp, becos he wld come and question me and stuff.. Moreover, I also dun want ppl to get the wrong msg tat I'm like doing a good deed or sumthing.. u get wat I mean rite??
Well.. this works like a perfect solution for me to comfort him! It's the least I can do =) I was juz thinking tat God may have placed this situation in him, so tat He wld turn back to Christ, becos' for all I koe, he was frm ACS (Barker Road), which makes him having a methodist background.. and he asked me before whether I was a Christian.. and I answered him.. so as a follower of Christ, I muz lead by example =).. Anyway, I will cont to pray for him lah.. but if u can, pls. also uphold him in ur prayers?? Thanx! (**Oh, forgot to mention tat his name is Mark)

Then reach home close to 7pm after buying dinner at Ang Mo Kio.. it took me quite a long time to decide wat to eat, before I decided on chicken rice.. which originally I made up my mind at camp, NOT to eat chicken rice for dinner.. but u see.. in the end, I still ate it..

ok.. I've really got to run.. its getting late.. need to bk in before 2230 tonight, becos' tml got SAF Day Parade rehearsal.. yes, AGAIN!! tml got CDF (Chief of Defence Force) vetting.. very stressed! pls. pray for me?? Thanx =)

Ciaoz n have a GREAT week ahead,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: