"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Preparation for NDP 2005 GOH (Part XII)

Well.. this morning book in at camp.. almost late.. the bus take exceptionally long to come.. probably its a wkend, tats why!

So its like I went up to bunk, rest for a while, before coming out of the bunk and went downstairs for roll call.. but then to my horror, no one was downstairs and my sgt juz bk in.. so he called me to tell the rest tat the roll call wld be upstairs instead of where I am this morning.. So I got quite pissed off lah.. make me run down for nothing.. so there I was back in bunk again.. few mins later, my sgt requested a roll call outside his bunk.. quite stupid lah.. he see who not here and stuff and in a few mins, its done.. quite useless!

Then 30 mins later, went downstairs to draw our arms and then proceed to eat lunch.. there is this particular sgt whom I dun quite like.. he scolds ppl like nobody's business over a slightest matter.. I wld think he likes to act 'garang' to the warrant officer who is on duty there to check the armoury stuff and our arms.. I always got the feeling tat he likes to use his rank to despise ppl and he uses his rank (a 3rd Sgt) to command ppl, as if he is an officer or sumthing.. He also likes to boast his rank and his IPPT gold badge.. he gets worst when he is in a bad mood.. so whenever I hear his voice in the bus, I wld be quite pissed off.. he's always like scold us for a slightest matter (eg: he scold us when we never answer one of our other sgt question or reminders).. he wld start to scold all kinds of vulgarities and blow his top.. tat is simply too ridiculous! Of course, I never said all these straight to his face.. I juz like act hypocrite.. juz play along.. juz act bo-chap loh.. but the above are all wat I think abt him!

After eating lunch, we change to our attire for rehearsal (today's rehearsal is a full dress.. so tat means I have to wear my No. 1 uniform again! YES, AGAIN!) but then of course, we only wear our No. 1 uniform at the final run.. the rest, we are wearing our GOH RSAF polo t-shirt and our No.1 pants..

So we were at Nee Soon Camp and with all those ppl (like PAP and the sec sch uniform grps), we did 2 truncated full run rehearsals..

Then we proceeded to have dinner.. today's dinner best!! Its Pizza Hut.. the dinner pkt consist of the following:

(1) 1 slice Hawaiian stuff crust pizza
(2) 2 slices of Garlic bread
(3) 3 sweet and spicy drumlets..

Of the 3 items, I like the drumlets best.. the soft bone part is simply delicious.. my friend doesn't want to eat so many drumlets becos he wants to lose weight.. so I took 1 piece of drumlet frm him.. so now, got 4 drumlets.. Yummy!

Then its time to change to our No. 1 uniforms and get ready for the final full run (this time its complete.. NO truncated stuff.. even the choir sings over the tape.. so we are acting as if its the real thing..).. minutes after starting the parade and we had juz marched into the parade square, an announcement was made to say tat the rehearsal was cancel due to the "showers with thunder weather" (commonly known as "Cat 1" weather in NS terms).. we thought Cat 1 will never come, becos we carried on the march despite tat it was raining..

So since it was called off, we went back to our holding area and get ready to go home.. thank goodness they didnt say we do the full dress rehearsal tml (sun-12/6) or else, my clothing I dun koe how to cope!

So waited for the SBS bus to bring us back camp and by the time I bk out, its close to 9pm..
Decided to call for a cab (becos' I was carrying 2 set of No.1.. one set is the tailor made No.1 for our use on tues SAF Day vetting session by Chief of Defence Force).. and the other set is the one tat I wore today (which is a sub-standard No.1; which was last year's GOH tailor-made uniform)..
Another reason is tat a cab is very hard to hail when u are in the main road of my camp, becos' its a wkend.. tats why! during wkend, the cabs are like none in sight.. even if have, very few.. mostly, its hired! so ya.. but the cab fare when I reach home was originally $11.10 (becos of the $3.20 bking fee), but the cab driver charge me $11.. so nice of him.. quite ex hor!! $11.. its breaking my heart.. its burning a hole in my pocket!

Then came home and immediately, I started with my washing of my No. 1.. man.. who says washing is easy?? Its slightly easier than ironing, but its still tough! I wash my No. 1 shirt for close to 30 mins, then manage to wash it reasonably clean.. then its thrown into washing machine and let it wash again.. this time, for it to be totally clean and dry-wash!

Then its me on this computer, writing this blogpost and listening to mp3s.. my Class 95FM live radio doesn't work.. maybe its still due to the maintanence thing.. lets wait till 14/6 and see wat happens! But I decide to listen to this NDP'98 theme song, Jia (in English, this means home!) sang by Kit Chan.. whilst listening to this song, I'm reminded of the time when I was in the Combined School Choir of NDP'98 and I sang this song.. this song bring so much memories.. Here is the lyrics for the song:

Home (English version)

Music & Lyrics: Dick Lee
Music Arrangement: Iskandar Ismail

Whenever I am feeling low
I look around me and I know
There's a place that will stay within me
Wherever I may choose to go
I will always recall the city
Know every street and shore
Sail down the river which brings us life
Winding through my Singapore

Chorus:
This is home truly, where I know I must be
Where my dreams wait for me, where that river always flows
This is home surely, as my senses tell me
This is where I won't be alone, for this is where I know it's home

When there are troubles to go through
We'll find a way to start anew
There is comfort in the knowledge
That home's about its people too
So we'll build our dreams together
Just like we've done before
Just like the river which brings us life
There'll always be Singapore

(Chorus X 2)

For this is where I know it's home
For this is where I know I'm home

Moreover, nxt wk my parents wld be away for church camp.. so I'll be home alone.. the thought of no one at home (even though I'm used to it, but NEVER did I have such a time tat really NO ONE is at home.. usually, my mum wld always stay at home..) except me, and no one to care abt me and stuff, really makes me miss them and feel so lonely.. so this song is really apt.. haiz.. *tears*

ok lah.. need to go and sleep liaoz! Tml bking in at 1030.. and will stay in camp till mon evening then I come home, before bking in at 2230 the same day.. haiz.. this is life in camp.. =(

Ciaoz n have a GREAT week ahead,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: