"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Preparation for SAF Day Parade 2005 (Part IV)

Allo!! I'm back! Well.. dun koe how come my phlogger doesn't work.. argh.. but never mind.. I'll blog it here instead! Before I cont, u may experience tat there is no music.. this is becos' Class 95 is doing some maintanence work on its network frm 9/6-10/6 and 13/6.. therefore, the LIVE radio over the net can't be heard!.. sorry for the inconvenience! =)

Well.. dun koe how come I'm so tired today! Did a semi-full rehearsal.. but I'm so half-dead!!..
I'm so tired till the pt tat I can't execute the precise move of the drill.. dun koe how come I'm feeling so lethargic!.. Probably its the lack of food.. but after lunch, it was ok..

Then after lunch, we went to the air-con hall (aka SAFTI Warrior Hall) for a vetting filming of the ceremony to the Chief Of Defence Force (CDF)! This ceremony plan is a contingency thing.. becos' in case there is rain and thunder, then this ceremony wld take place.. or else, its out there for 105 mins, where I wld be standing and execute the various drills for the parade.. Its so jia-lat till the pt where becos' u stand for so long and do nothing, ur brain wld start to slack and u wld feel tired! Moreover, esp for me, whenever I stand too long in a certain position, the heel of my foot wld become numb, and this has happened a no. of occasions!! haiz..

But then, things change for the better when its getting later in the day..

(1) I executed the drills almost all right during the full-dress rehearsal (which being the ex-chairman of the previous SAF Day Parade being the vetting personnel).. except of course for 1-2 moves.. stared in space too long liaoz n got nothing to do, therefore, feeling more tired and mind wld start to wonder and not focus!

(2) After the full sequence run (with our No. 1 uniforms), my sgt got a call frm one of the sgt who is staying at camp becos' he's on a 10B status (which means he is only fit for light duties, and this excuse him frm parades, becos YES! Parades are shiong!!.. moreover, he got a slight case of "foot rot".. so tat explains his 10B status!), tat one of my friends want to swap P1 duties for yesterday! I was slated for tml (10/6) but then, he got a dinner to attend which he had pre-planned long ago but never did he know tat he has to do P1 today (9/6).. so my sgt asked me whether I want to change.. and of course, I said yes! becos' its worth it.. here's why!
By the time I reach camp yesterday frm SAFTI, its close to 9pm.. so no pt. bking out becos' the next morning (ie, 10/6), we have to go for a squadron LIFE run which is abt. 4km-5km run within 30mins (tats really shiong, judging frm my poor stamina!..) and this means, we have to bk in before 7.45am.. so yupz.. whereas tml (10/6), I can bk in 10am the following day (which is sat- 11/6).. so yupz.. more than worth it loh!

(3) Juz as we are to board the bus, I saw one of my BMT platoon amte! Had a short chatting session with him.. He looks quite fit to me.. I thought he is in OCS (Officer Cadet School) or sumthing.. but in the end and to my surprise, he is a driver in a Signal unit.. slack sia! Tats wat he told me.. had a good chatting session loh!

(4) Oh.. becos' my parents wld not be home for nxt wk becos' they go church camp, therefore, no one wld help me wash and iron my No.1 uniform, which I need it on Tues (14/6) for another vetting session.. This time, its a bigger person in authority! Its the Chief of Defence Force (CDF).. But its all settled after a 7 min call frm my mum! and I'm so glad tat my dad agreed to help me with the laundry and ironing of my No. 1 uniform before they leave for church camp! =)

Well.. doesn't the above 4 events call for a celebration?? Yeh!!

But then, even though there is so many good things happening, but then still, there is a certain thing which somehow bothers me!! of coz, this is abt the SAF Day Parade drills.. here it is..

There is this one particular warrant officer who is in charge of us (there are 4 in total, but I shall keep this warrant's name confidental).. at every drill, he NEVER fails to diss us, scold us for juz minute things and discourage us even though we had done a fairly good job.. other warrant officers even though koe we had not done so well to their expectation, but then, they said some nice and encouraging words.. but not for this warrant tat I mentioned above! He will take an encouragement word by other warrants, and he re-phrase it to make it sound discouraging.. so its like whenever he's talking, ppl DUN listen! Its one ear in and out the other! I'm also not an exception!!
He talks as if it sound so easy.. but hello! he is NOT the one who is standing 105 mins in the parade square.. its US!! In tat 105 mins, he juz sits down and observe the parade but most of the time, he goes to talk to his sgt..
You say this kind of warrant officer good?? haiz.. but wat to do?? we have to "lan lan suck thumb" (this means we juz have to adapt to it!)

Well.. tat certainly ends my blogpost on the preparation for SAF Day Parade 2005..

Ciaoz n have a GREAT week ahead,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: