"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Jolly Good Time!


Seasonal Fruits
Originally uploaded by jazzkool.

Hey ppl! I;m back at camp today.. and I must say tat I almost didnt want to go back.. too comfortable at home liaoz!
But anyway, I still did lah in the end!

Before I cont, I wld like to make an amendment, tat is to say tat the movie yesterday I watched is "Batman Begins" and NOT "Batman Returns".. thanx Min for the error u've spotted!

Yesterday, was quite enjoyable in the sense of company lah.. 7 of us watching Batman.. the movie was not bad.. but the beginning was a bit boring! And becos Batman has everything black and the cinema is pitch black when u watched it, therefore, not everything can be seen clearly.. and maybe becos I'm tired, therefore, I almost slept at certain parts! But quite a good show I muz say!
Had my usual, Yong Tau Foo for dinner and a bit of Galare waffles with ice-cream for supper.. and by 11.30pm, I knocked off for the nite! =)

ok.. so what u see in the photo in this blogpost, is exactly wat my base has! my base machiam is like a fruit orchard! Serious!! Today is the day where I saw like abt 10kg of rambutans, 1-2kg of mangosteens, 5-6kg of bua lansat and close to 50 durians in camp! The officers and the men in the HQ unit of my squadron was like frantically ta-pow home some of the fruits!

This morning when I went into my bunk, I was greeted with a strong smell of durian.. and later when I probed where the durians came from, then I realised tat yesterday the P1 ppl went to go and pick durians frm my base Phase 2/3 gate and eat in bunk.. heard they eat close to 30 seeds of durians EACH yesterday! A lot right?? And I heard they said its quite good.. in a sense, tat the seed is small, but the flesh of the durian is thick!

Then there was this person who actually quarreled with my sgt, and this cause my sgt to tell us tat we cannot sleep.. and he really mean it loh!
In the morning, I went to go and change the V200 vehicle (the weather was hot and sunny.. and we stayed and change the thing for abt 1.5hrs).. then followed by going to Emart to settle some of my uniform issues and also to take my peak cap!
Then went for lunch.. before I cld close my eyes and sleep for a while, we were called down for a lesson to check vehicles! A total waste of time.. spend 3 hrs on the stupid lesson.. Again, I kenna scolded by the kao-pei sgt over a small matter.. but I think he was not 'aiming' me.. he is 'aiming' the person beside me, for not looking into my OC's eyes when he is talking to us.. I was looking loh, but I was playing my pass at the same time.. and he also kao-pei me on this.. So sway.. only he scold me and the person beside me.. haiz!

The person beside me is known as the 'stunter' in my shift.. he comes late yesterday but gave the excuse tat he has diarrhoea.. today he came late.. but no excuse.. so I think he kenna he kenna mark late.. u tell me whether his lateness is justifiable.. we are suppose to fall in 7.45am with our vest and slack.. but 7.35am then he board the mini bus and of course, the standard procedures needs him to pass thru the x-ray machine.. so by the time he does all tat and goes back to his bunk to change, its 8am.. so tat kao-pei sgt got fed up.. and he caused the ppl who are not P1 today and not involved in SAF Day rehearsal tml, to come back 2359 (with the SAF Day involved ppl too!).. so in other words, he so call cause the whole shift to come back 2359.. isn't he a stunter?

Anyway.. the smell this morning tempted me to eat durians liaoz! Contemplated whether to buy or not.. and today, I decide to buy $10 worth of durians (of course, its those $1 each) to share with my family.. and guess wat.. becos of the overwhelming no. of durians tat the person have today, therefore, he gave me abt 16-17 durians for a cost of $10.. he originally wanted to give me 12 (2 free lah!), but then, becos the durians are small, therefore, he gave me more.. so wat more can I ask?? I'm gonna eat till I shiok! ha..

ok lah.. I think tats all liaoz.. becos I want to watch TV and eat durians! Yeh! =)

ok.. ciaoz!

Enjoying the King of all fruits (aka durian),
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: