"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, June 19, 2005

At Last!

Allo! Hope you are enjoying the food blog photos u see.. ha.. had quite a lot of food today though..

Oh.. b4 I continue.. you may wonder why this blog has a chinese song?? this is becos' my Class 95 thingy doesn't work.. so therefore, decide to go back to the play thingy.. anyway, the title of the song is "Jia".. a National Day Song.. As NDP is drawing nearer, my NDP Fever is slowing climaxing to the max.. so yupz.. enjoy the song ya.. nice and soothing.. if you want to koe the english meaning of the words in the song, look at 11 June 2005's blogpost.. quite meaningful actually!


Today went to quite a no of places..

Firstly, went to Sim Lim Square to change my mp3 player.. surprisingly, it only left with 3! The other day I went, there is like 7-8.. man.. these things sell fast! So originally, I wanted black since white was the last piece and its spoiled.. but the shop doesn't had it.. so therefore, I took the silver one (which was sumthing like a display piece).. ai yah.. better than nothing lah!

Went for lunch @ the hawker center behind Fu Lu Shou Complex.. wanted to try the satay as its highly recommended by the CISCO guard which I was mounting duty with.. always wanted to go and try but no chance.. today I went to try! wat's my verdict?? Its simply D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S !! The MUTTON satay is the BEST.. with all the usual stuff like ketupat and the peanut sauce, which is one of the best peanut sauces I ever tasted! The prices are reasonable too.. $2 for a bowl of the usual malay savoury foods such as mee rubus, mee siam, etc and $0.40 per stick of either the mutton or chicken satay! They only have mutton and chicken satay.. so dun expect a variety.. but I tell you.. their satays are one of those few who can really make me say nice.. you shld go and try it! however, do it preferbly during lunchtime or sumthing.. becos' by evening, it shld be sold out already.. becos' the satays are self-skewed and self-marinated.. so therefore there is a limit.. so yupz.. after talking so much, forgot to tell you the stall name.. its called, "Indonesia Satay Stall".. its situated at the extreme end of the hawker center, where there are a few malay stalls beside it.. there is only like 5-6 muslim stalls in the whole hawker centre and it is in a corner.. you go and find lah.. sure can find one!

Anyway, after lunch, we went to Far East Square to collect the NDP tickets (I balloted the NDP tickets for my sister for NDP 2005 on 9 Aug 2005, so they can watch me perform mah.. however, she is the only one in the family who got the tickets.. the rest of us didn't get it.. so ya..).. but we walked quite a distance though.. becos' there is no straight bus frm Sim Lim.. but anyway to cut the long story short, we went there quite stunt, becos' I think my sis heard wrongly abt the collection date.. its actually starts next week!! *3 drops of sweat dripping down*.. so in other words, we went there for nothing.. so we had no choice but to go elsewhere lah since its still quite early to go home.. then as we walk, my mum thinking of eating ice kachang and then, I saw this food court got Annie Peanut Ice Kachang.. its a franchise frm the Tanjong Pagar Market.. but I prefer the Market one, becos' its not so sweet and cheaper by $0.30.. *3 drops of sweat dripping down again!*.. ha..

Then, we proceeded to Yum Cha @ Chinatown to celebrate Father's Day.. so yupz.. had quite a lot of food.. but all even though we ordered the smallest sizes for most of all foods (except the only noodle we had, which was a source of carbohydrates, which we order medium, becos' 4 person sharing), we were quite full I must say.. so the food pics below are some of the food which we ate! nice huh! (btw, the photos are taken with my Nokia 6230!)


Then came home, and immediately I'm on the computer doing my mp3 thing.. and thank God, it worked.. going to listen it tml while I'm on my way to camp!

ok.. its getting late.. waking up at 5.30am and falling in at 7.45am for roll call.. and guess wat.. I have to see tat sickening sgt all over again.. argghh..

Ciaoz n have a GREAT week ahead,
<<< abriel >>>