"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Preparation for NDP 2005 GOH (Part VII)

Well.. last min changes to this rehearsal to be in the afternoon from 1pm-5pm, compared to the previous rehearsals of 8.30am-12noon.. and u koe lah.. the sun at 1pm is so hot, and though we are under shelter, the place is like an oven! Darn freaking hot and humid!! man.. I felt like I was in a desert or some sorts! The worse was that there was not even a drop of rain.. haiz..

we first went to the Combat Enginneers' Parade Square (which is across the road) to do some warm-up revision drills.. I was feeling lethargic thru'out the drill.. then, during the break, I think I saw one of my BMT Platoon mate.. whom I stared at him and he stared at me for a while.. when I saw him, he looks sumwat familiar, but I didn't dare to confirm his identity.. I took abt. 5-15mins juz to recall his name.. and finally remembered his name! His name is Ong Soon Beng! I first remembered his nickname (which was "ah beng") then his name.. becos tats wat we call him during BMT!
At first I thought he was a private, but after seeing his rank frm a distance, I then saw his rank is a 3SG (3rd Sergeant).. then I finally remembered he went to SISPEC after BMT.. but of course, I did not say hi or anything like tat.. becos' its too late loh..

Then after the warm-up sessions, we went to the main parade square for a full rehearsal.. this time, the pri & sec kids of vaious uniform groups and the supporting contingents (Guards, Air Force, Singapore Civil Defence Force & Navy), start to come in and join in the rehearsals.. wow.. when we went to the main parade square and saw those small kids, all suddenly so motivated.. well.. u may think we are hum-sap (ie, perverts) or sumthing.. but for me, this is NOT the reason.. I suddenly felt so energised, becos' I've got this sense of pride in me to show them the best I can! so yupz.. tat is my motivation factor!

So the rehersals went on till like 4+pm, and it was end of my rehearsal and back to camp! However, yesterday was my P1, so therefore, I have to stay back in camp with a few others who are also P1, while the rest bk-out which they bk in this morning..
Was supposed to watch American Idol and the new drama on Channel 8 and plan to sleep at 10pm, but then, while watching, the fan kept blowing me and I was lying down to watch TV.. so like at 8.30pm, I felt asleep.. and didnt wake up till like 6am this morning..

The reason why I woke up so early, is becos' the P1s have to mount duty for a while in the morning! When we went there, the sgt was like a bit angry.. becos he thought we was late.. but apparently not.. becos' my sgt told us to be at the guardroom before 7am and we did.. in fact, we reach there at 6.58am.. so yupz.. so we explain to the sgt there and then, he was not so mad after all becos' its not our fault! So anyway, thank goodness the sgt gave me a so called 'slack' duty, which is doing main table (which I'm responsible for changing passes and stuff!).. the aircon in the main guardroom was so cold, then, smoke is emitted out of the aircon and guess wat!! I've got a slight frost-bite on my index finger.. tat's how cold!! I'm not exaggerating!

Anyway, read the blog above for wat happen the rest of today!

So read on...

<<< abriel >>>

No comments: