"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, May 23, 2005

The OCC Family


The OCC Family @ Confirmation Service
Originally uploaded by jazzkool.

Well.. today had a busy day..

First thing in the morning, went to see my grandma at the Nursing Home which my family spend like half a day finding the place.. We actually make 1 big round, and we miss the signpost which show the direction of the Nursing Home (situated across us!) and in the end, we walk abt 2-3km and in the end, we took a cab to the place as walking back 2-3km is no joke.. I was all sweating over!! haiz..

So after seeing my grandma, we went to Tampines Mall to eat lunch.. I ate ka-plow (chicken/beef fried with basil leaves and serve with white rice & an egg; I chose beef!) and me being an avid fan of Thai food, its really yummy!

After which, we proceed to COR for witnessing the confirmation service.. was abt 30mins late.. but never mind.. as long as we are there, we make our presence known and its ok liaoz!
Quite a lot of ppl were confirmed actually!

The photo u seen in this blogpost is the confirmation photo of the OCC family.. see how big OCC is.. this is only probably a quarter of the ppl.. well.. I saw quite a no. of OCC youths at the service today and guess wat!! I was so happy to see them! hmm.. I'm missing them already.. =(

Psst! I'm in this photo! Can u spot me??

Well.. Matthew Tjow of OCC (whom I koe frm OCC) is getting married and he told me tat he wants me to play the piano for him.. I'm so honoured.. but the problem is tat I dun koe whether I wld be able to commmit, becos my schedule after NDP wld be reshuffled, and therefore, my shift may change.. so schedule at the moment is not fixed.. probably u can pray for me in this area of to see whether God wants me to commit and if the answer is yes, pray tat He will make a path for me! Thanx!

Today's sermon @ Confirmation Service was good, becos one thing is tat the speaker (Retired Bishop John Tan) is funny and another thing, it spoke abt faith, which I think it applies to me a lot during this period of my NS.. esp. both pending trials tat I had recently!
One thing he said and until now, I had not forget.. he said tat " WITHOUT FAITH, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE GOD!"

He shared with us one testimony as to how he has experienced miracles in his life.. In a nutshell, here is the brief details of it:

He was at church and being a young priest and a husband of 3 small kids, his wife wld bring toys, etc to church, so tat the children wld not disturb the service.. but then, his wife forgotten all abt his things (ie, the bible, sermon notes and vespon) which is in the car boot and his wife juz close the boot like tat.. but worse still.. his car keys was inside the boot too.. so he of course panicked and went to a quiet corner to pray.. He prayed and suddenly, 2 images ppl start to appear in his face.. He looked for the 2 person, but was nowhere to be found! Soon, they walked in and he told them wat happen!

This man, who is called Jo, actually start to question when he told him his situation! But nevertheless, he wanted to trust and have faith, and therefore, he took Jo's car key (which was a Mazda key car) to open his car (his car was a Toyata Carina car) and surprisingly, it worked! Its a miracle!
Jo went ahead to try, but then, it can't open the boot! Isn't this a miracle?

yupz.. good testimony and sermon rite??

After the confirmation service, my family and I start to go off, becos I want to go shopping.. so I went to Suntec for shopping.. In the end, I've bought a Levi's 505 jeans which cost me in total of $71.50 (including alteration charge of $2).. well.. quite a good deal I muz say!

Tml I will cont shopping, but then, need to reach home early becos' I need to bk in before 9pm tml nite.. haiz.. sian ah!!

k lah.. b4 I go, I wld like to urge u to rate my music, as well as, click the link, entitled "Joshua Shen's Confirmation" if u want to see how the confirmation service is conducted, etc ya??

Ciaoz n have a GREAT weekend ahead,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: