"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, May 29, 2005

7days = 168 hrs = 10080 mins = 604800 sec

Yes.. tats how long I've stay in camp and NOT bk out!!

The reason is very simple!! I've got a base exercise and this is an Air Force thingy.. so every air base and every personnal is involved!! For us, we are in charge of security, so therefore, instruction has been passed down by our superiors tat NONE of us are allowed to bk out before fri (so this means only sat then can bk out).. but then, sat I kenna P1.. so which means tat I juz bk out this morning!!

Its been a tiring wk.. becos' not only we are doing our rehearsals for the various events (BOTH SAF & NDP which I'm involved in!).. and its tiring.. becos' the rehearsals are like back to back.. sometimes the rehearsals are whole day, and then the next day is another whole day rehearsal!! see how shag we are!! not to mention tat the only day which I did not have any rehearsals, is used to run "charlie" - which means tat there are simulation injections of intruders, etc into our base and we are to do the various drills which we are thought, to combat the various situations which were posted to us.. not only we do drills, our duty hrs also increased quite a fair bit.. did 16hrs of duty altogether compared to the normal 10hrs on non-charlie days.. and 80% of the time, I guard the main gate.. see this properly!! my first duty for the day was to stand gate and it started at 4.30pm.. but I did NOT dismount frm the duty till 10.15pm at nite! Had a 15min dinner break at 7pm then went back to stand again!! the reason y i stand so long?? my sgt forgot all abt me! haiz.. no choice.. had to "lan lan suck thumb" - which means tat I have no choice but to wait for further instructions or a replacement come and replace me!! If I had NOT speak into the pyset for something, my sgt wld NOT remember me tat I'm still standing gate..
Then the next day came where I stand gate again.. this time, I stand frm 7am-11am.. another 4 hrs.. shiong rite.. then I do checker duty (whose duty is to check EVERY car before they are allowed into the camp!) frm 1pm-5pm.. was suppose to change duty at 3pm.. but then, suddenly drill activated.. so no choice.. since I'm there, I had to continue, becos' no one takes over me and I'm not allowed to leave like tat.. moreover, the other shift said we have enuf ppl, so therefore, they did not come to guardroom and help us! When I heard this, I was very upset and angry becos' 2 days b4, after our drills, we went to guardroom and help them till 7pm, then we went back bunk and rest b4 having drills the next day again.. n now they say they dun help?? can u imagine how upset and angry I am?? haiz

speaking of the rehearsals, for the SAF Day Parade, I was re-sized and I wld be in the front line.. I tell u though its of great honour, its stressful, becos' the audience are looking at you and during the rehearsals, the RSMs are looking very tightly for the front row n the drills of the front row ppl muz be near perfect.. so whenever I see the RSMs, I wld get very anxious and sometimes as a result, I can't execute the drills well and sometimes, kenna scolded by the RSMs.. haiz..
We had our lunch and dinner at SAFTI MI; the food there is so-so only lah.. but at least better than wat I had in base!

then for the NDP GOH rehearsals, it was ok... this time again was combined with all the various contingents (ie, PAP, MOH, BB, etc..) marching, but dinner was NOT KFC unlike last wk.. this wk's dinner is supplied by Singapore Food Industries (SFI) and its a western dinner.. but the servings are quite small.. therefore, dun really feel so full after eating it!.. but no choice..
had quite a few full run thru, thereby resulting, I had an abrasion patch (due to the continuous marching and wearing a sweaty uniform which therefore when marching, it wld "stick" to ur skin and rub against it, therefore, resulting in abrasion patches) near my armpit.. now not so bad liaoz.. yesterday so pain sia!

oh.. before I forget, you wld have realised tat I have changed my normal mp3s to a radio station (Class 95FM).. well.. found this frm sumone's webbie and I 'kope' the html code for this.. now feeling so happy!! becos' this is one of my dream lah.. having a radio played in my blog! In fact, I can change into any stations I want.. well.. if u want to koe more, feel free to email/SMS/call me on my hp.. will be glad to tell u..

Want to say to Andrew, thanx 4 the effort u've help me this afternoon abt the playlist thingy.. but found tat this is better.. so I had to disregard ur playlist thingy and go for this radio thingy! Sorry ah!! but dun worry.. once I'm sick of this radio thingy, I will go for the playlist thingy! The playlist thingy is saved in my com.. so dun worry! =)
** For u readers out there who dun koe wat I'm talking abt, never mind.. u wld koe when u see sumthing different in this blog (ie, when the radio thingy is gone and it wld be back to the normal mp3 thing.. only thing, there is a playlist which u can choose song!.. sounds good? next time perhaps ppl!)

Also did some minor adjustments to my blog column (esp. in the Favourite Links column - did some clearing up and addition of links!)

ok lah.. I need to sleep liaoz.. bking in tml at 8am whilst the rest of the other base ppl (who are going for rehearsals too juz like me) are bking in at 10pm.. haiz.. NO WELFARE!! *grumps*

Cya tml and hope to see ur positive replies/compliments on my minor revamped blog!

Ciaoz n have a GREAT week ahead,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: