"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, March 21, 2005

Orchard City Church

Hi again! Its me again blogging.. well.. bk out today becos' yesterday was on 24-hr shift! This morning, the new trainees for the Field Defence Course (FDC) came to my air base for their 12-wk training (I took mine at Paya Lebar Air Base!).. they will embark on the same s**t I went thru'out the 12 weeks at Paya Lebar Air Base!! *evil laugh*.. My sergeant purposely put me to guard main gate, as he say I am *ahem* zai.. well.. dun koe how true lah..

Yesterday duty at camp also quite slack, but for me, its tiring! I did a foot prowling (which is walking ard camp to guard lah.. but of course, there are various checkpts to see whether we laze ard or not) at 3pm and mind u, this is my FIRST duty of the day!
Then I rested from 4pm (becos' foot plough done within an hour!) to 7pm, before standing 4hrs (ie, till 11pm) at main gate.. doing nothing and juz stare at the gate becos' Sunday who want to come in and stuff.. You may think its ok, but standing 4hrs is NO joke! The time seems to crawl slowly and ur shoulder wld hurt like mad becos' we had our SBO on (weighing at least 2-3kg) and our rifle (which is about 1kg).. so the total weight on our backs while doing duty is like 3-4kg.. 1hr won't hurt.. the pain wld start to set in when u do it like for close to 2hrs!! so imagine 4hrs, how hurtful my shoulder wld be!
Then after which, i went to sleep from 11pm and woke up like 4.40am to get ready for my 5am duty and guess wat!! I did another 4hrs of standing gate (ie, from 5am-9am).. but then, i did not stop at 9am.. i did for like another 30mins, becos' the mounting shift have to like come and take over me b4 I can go off! so even now as I write this blogpost, my shoulders still hurt a bit!

So my nxt bk-in wld be tml morning b4 7.30am.. early but nvm.. i get to come home and sleep and tat is the best! nothing beats sleeping on ur bed rite?? I'm sure you all wld agree to this statement!

Well.. you may wonder why my blogpost is entitled the name of a church! This is becos' I'm changing church!! Well.. dun get the wrong idea tat I'm church hopping and stuff.. its juz tat my former church (Hougang Christian Centre) has recently merged with the church mentioned in the title, to form a parish.. but under the same pastor.. previously, my pastor has to like run to two different places on 2 different days.. so now, its easier for him..
And now, my church services wld NO longer be on sun, but on sat instead at orchard area! But the best part is tat I wld join the Youth Service over there.. been longing to attend one, so now, my wish is like came true!! moreover, i koe a few youths over there and we are like best friends.. so ya.. used to see them like only during church camps/anniversary celebrations (this means only see them like 2-3times a year!).. but now, we can see each other on a more often basis! Yeh!! however, i dun think i can attend every Youth Service.. probably only once or twice a mth.. becos' of my duty schedules at camp..
So for this wk's Youth Services I'll attend this mth are 2/4 and 23/4! a bit sad but tat's how life goes!

I'm going to celebrate my 21st birthday on either this thurs (24/3) or fri (25/3) with my family.. so thank God my sgt agreed to let me NOT do Priority 1 (P1) on fri.. I actually volunteered for P1 for tues (22/3) but then, i think my sgt forgotten (even though I've told him like on sun) abt it, so he is like not willing to substitute me in.. so he no choice.. so he told me say this wk I dun need to serve P1, but need to do it for the next 2 wkends (which is sun-3/4 and sat-9/4), so i no choice loh.. haiz.. but wat to do? Wo hai zai dang bing.. haiz.. =(

but well.. i think this blogpost is long enuf.. im sure u dun want to read any longer posts from me rite?? so ya.. i shall end here.. and maybe blog tml becos tml i bk-out after 5pm but return back to camp before 11.59pm on the SAME day becos' Im on duty on wed (23/3), which is my birthday!! argghh... ok.. i shall stop!

Ciaoz n have a GREAT week ahead,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: