"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, August 07, 2004

A wonderful time spent today!

First of all, some site updates:
(1) I've added a new column, entitled "photo gallery".. this is where u all can view my photos.. wat u want to view is all type out.. so pls. feel free to click any of the links and see the photos ya! They are especially loaded for you!
(2) There are a few changes on my wishlist.. see if you can spot them.. (if u want to koe, i made changes to no. 2 & no. 14).. *hint hint*.. Christmas (25/12) and my birthday (23/03) is coming..

k.. so now lets' get on to the real stuff..

Well.. as mentioned in my blog yesterday (6/8), I'm going to do my personal retreat today.. and so I did..

I did my retreat today at Bishan Park.. didn't go to East Coast Park.. so far.. anyway, manage to reach there like 8.30am and I found a good seat for my retreat session.. The place was quiet and there is a bit of morning breeze.. so not so hot..

anyway, did NOT pray or anything like tat.. instead, I got inspired to write a poem (not very good though) about the sights I saw and the thoughts that are going thru' my mind while the retreat is on.. so here it is..

============================================

The Park

Serenity.. Tranquility..
Wind breezing gently across my face
Trees swaying to the rhythm of the wind
Leaves rustling as the wind brushes through them
Birds are happily chirping in the comfort of the trees
Some rare birds you may see, like the yellow birds

Some people are jogging
Some people are cycling
Some people are just taking a stroll
And some people are buying breakfast home after their morning exercise
Some people are just "staring into space"
Whilst some people are franctically studying in the midst of the quiet and beautiful atmosphere
And there are some who are walking their dogs

Just looking at all these activities happening in the park,
I just wonder how marvellous and wonderful our God is!
He has created not only nature,
But men too, so that we can enjoy the beautiful sights that He had made!

However, have we take Him for granted,
In a sense that everyday would be a perfect day and nothing bad will happen to us?
Do the unsaved know that by not being saved will lead them to Hell for eternity?
Have we (as Christians) done our role in spreading the Gospel to the lost souls out there (such as in the park)?

At times, I would admire my friends who can spread the Gospel just like that.. even to strangers
But God calls us not to be afraid of sharing but be BOLD and STRONG for He is with us!
But can I? Can I face up to such a challenge?

Well.. I guess its all in His Time that everything happens.
And I believe that everything happens for a reason!
There is NO such thing as an accident or coincidence.

True peace can only be found in Christ,
For He promises in the Bible that He will grant us a peace that surpasses ALL understanding!

However, one question still remain:
"One life. Live it! How will YOU choose to live this season of YOUR life?"

By: Abriel Ghui (7 Aug 2004, 10.10am)

============================================

Well.. I started off with the words, "serenity" and "tranquility" is becos' I think its like God-given words! The moment I stepped into Bishan Park, both words came to mind.. I got so inspired tat I wrote a poem with these 2 words added in..

I know my poem is not very fantastic.. but can do lahz.. me NOT some literature student.. so such works from me consider very good liaoz.. =P

Then after I walk home from Bishan Park.. yes!! I walk home.. the breeze is quite good and I also needed some exercise.. so ya.. I walked! It juz took me a mere 30-45 minutes!

Well.. as usual, this retreat is a fruitful and successful one! Praise The Lord!!

Manz.. guess I'm quite reflective these days huh.. =)

Got to go to sleep.. need to wake up early for tml church service..

Ciaoz n have a GREAT weekend ahead,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: