"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, August 16, 2004

What a blast weekend!!

First and foremost, I would like to officially thank ALL you readers out there for making my site such a success!! From a humble zero to 46 visitors, is IMPRESSIVE!! Continue like this and my site will hit 100!! =).. Thank YOU all so much!

Well.. firstly, I must caution you that what you see in the title does NOT mean that this blogpost would be a blast! =)

Anyway, again.. there are a few updates on my site.. so here is the list (as if its that long.. ha):

(1) My personal pic has changed! This photo is courtesy of Sarah.. my church mate who is now in Perth =)

(2) My music on my blog has also been changed! Its a somewhat jazz piece by the contemporary singer, Jaci Velasquez.. nice rite.. =)

(3) Added a poll thingy on my blog!! If you can, pls. oblige me by participating ya??

(4) Added also a online forum thingy on my blog! Pls. participate in it hor!

(5) Added a few links to my other church mates (from OCC).. they are, "Alvin", "Caesar", "Andrew" and "Matthew Yap".

(6) Added a few links on Javascripts websites! Those of you who wants to create additional features on your blog, you can click the last 2 links found at the "Favourite Links" column.

Well.. u all may ask why the sudden change in music.. take a look at the lyrics of the song.. its speaks of God sheltering us from the evils of this world.. well.. its quite apt for me as I’m going in to NS soon.. dun u think so?? =)
Moreover, the piece is quite jazzy which is very “me”.. so hope you enjoy it ya??

Well.. a lot of things happen during the weekends.. so here is a brief look at it:

* Saturday (14/8)

Went for cell group at Carlise new hse!! Not a bad decor though.. I like it a lot!

Then we had a discussion about our joint effort with the other cell group on putting up a memory-verse item for our church anniversary! Well.. Huimin was not there, so the “storm” was rather calm!! Only slight drizzle!! According to AWTC (Abriel, Wendy, Tiffany, Carlise), Huimin is the source of the brainstorm! Without her, the “storm” can’t start!! Don’t understand?? Never mind.. its an insider joke! =)

So ya.. before the discussion, we had dinner.. and guess wat! Tiffany cook man!! She cooked porridge.. very very nice!! Tiffany, pls. cook often for cell group!! =).. here are the ingredients in the porridge: Yam (my fave!), mushrooms and mince pork.. very nice!! Of course, coriander leaves is a MUST for me in porridge and it must be LOTS of it!! I totally enjoyed myself.. esp. the food =P

Then of course, before they leave, everyone prayed for me, becos’ of my NS stint.. =(.. but I was strong.. my eyes were dry.. =).. but then, everyone was praying for me a prayer of covering.. which is really apt, and then, this is where the song on this blog really comes in aptly!!

*Sunday (15/8)

Led worship in church.. It can be considered one of my last worship before I enlist! Well.. my worship are all slow songs.. but yesterday, was the debut appearance of the drummer, Joshua.. Well.. certainly can hear the difference the worship with and without drums! Wendy played the keyboards for the worship.
My mum even commended that yesterday’s worship in terms of music, very good!! Because of the blending of all instruments!!
So thank you team and congrats man! You all have made it!!


Frankly speaking, yesterday’s worship practice was a bit chaotic.. everything doesn’t seem to go to plan.. but surprisingly, during worship itself, everything flows on very nicely and everything went as I wanted!! Well.. I can only say its God’s work manz!! All glory to God!!

Then it was time for me to go and sing the special song.. Just realize my voice cannot make it esp. after leading worship.. my voice was hoarse.. but then, I prayed b4 I sang.. and surprisingly when I sing, the voice juz came out without much difficulty.. and it even sound better than when I practice at home!! Again, it can only be God’s divine anointing!

The worship song sound best when it is the Closing Song.. we sang “Shepherd Of My Soul” of course with drums!! And the rendition of it is really COOL.. the song when we sang without drums was like so-so.. but then, when we sang the song WITH drums, it sound really “swing-ly”.. and I was moving in small steps and sing it and at the same time, clicking my fingers.. well.. yes.. there is really a difference manz!! =)

For lunch, we went to this Foochow cuisine place (Shop name: Foochow Fishball Mee) at Sultan Gate (opp. Concourse building).. had the usual; red wine chicken soup, a foochow combination soup (foochow fish balls [yummy!], foochow wantan and everything else.. can’t remember liaoz..).. but the red wine chicken soup was a bit of a disappointment!! Last time I went there and eat, it was perfect!! Yesterday’s red wine chicken soup was a bit salty and no wine taste.. well.. I think its varies.. probably becos’ they take out the wine too fast and not allow it to ferment further.. well.. the longer it is fermented, the better the wine taste.. so yupz.. this is a little food knowledge for you ah.. =)

Came home and watch Tommy Walker’s “Make It Glorious” worship DVD (lent from Huimin).. it is good man!! You shld buy/catch it when you can!! Its real inspiring (for me at least, becos’ I’m a jazznut manz!!).. The keyboardist (whom I’m most interested in becos’ I play the keyboard mahz [wat were you thinking?? =P] in the DVD is real GOOD!! and he plays in very well.. blue scales, running, jazz chords.. he really inspires me to learn how to play keyboards.. will consider it when I have spare cash which I dun koe when!! I think I had the chance to meet him, I would ask him to be my shi-fu!! But not possible lahz..) It also give me some ideas of my dressing.. Mandarin collar black long sleeve shirt with jeans, shirt with cargo pants tug out!! Hmm.. interesting wardrobe huh.. =).. well.. when I watch these kind of DVDs, I would be quite observant.. in terms of how they play and their dressing.. these are the 2 things I’m interested in loh.. oh.. btw, if you get ur chance on the DVD, view the bonus track, “Mourning Into Dancing”.. the ending part is real cool.. they like play a jamming part almost at the end.. the keyboardist is real cool.. he played a blue scales.. manz.. u hear it then u koe lahz.. =)

Today’s (16/8) update!

Slept real early yesterday nite! 9pm to be exact!! Yes.. that early!! But woke up at 4am this morning and didn’t sleep again till 5am.. Was visiting the toilet and tossing and turning on the bed before I slept.. dun koe y..

Well.. this could be due to me being excited about my Graduation Ceremony later at 3pm.. if you can, pls. visit http://www.tp.edu.sg/events/grad04 for the live telecast.. I should be appearing on screens at abt. 3.30pm-4.00pm.. one of the few last, becos’ I’m the recipent of Diploma in Applied Food Science & Nutrition with the Prize by Malaysia Dairy Industries.. so they will put me almost near the end where after those students who juz get their diplomas without any prize or medals or merit.. =)
So hope you can catch me via webcast ya.. =)

K.. gtg.. think this is a really long blogpost..

If I have the energy tonite, will blog today’s experience at the Graduation Ceremony ya..

Ciaoz n have a GREAT day ahead,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: