"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Unfolding a new chapter of my life..

Well.. as the title suggest, and yes.. its just 19hrs (at blogging time) away from being at Pulau Tekong for enlistment!

These past 2 days were well spent..

On Monday (16/8), went for Temasek Polytechnic's 2004 Graduation Ceremony to collect my diploma!! I think this is the proudest moment of my life, considering me winning the Malaysia Dairy Industries Prize (which is only a $200 cheque) and collecting my diploma.. I actually wasn't expecting a loud clap or sumthing.. but after my name is called, the round of applause was LOUD man.. felt so good about it!
But then, I was also nervous.. Since the starting of the ceremony, my hands were icy cold.. This continued until I collected my diploma, then my hands were amazing warm again!

After the ceremony, I went to Cafe Cartel Tampines to eat dinner.. had a sirloin steak.. I wanted it medium rare, but its more like medium well.. so tough!! my goodness.. its like eating a block of wood or sumthing.. Then bid goodbye to my friends and I went home =)

Yesterday (tues - 17/8) was even a better day for me.. Went out with Marcus for the whole day.. We combed the whole area of the heart of Singapore (ok.. I was exaggerating)..

We first went for lunch at PS foodcourt.. I was late (becos' have to write some reflection email thingy for CCC GEN12ii booklet), so he waited for me.. And guess wat!! I ate Yong Tau Foo.. and the service somehow was value-added.. The service is now better.. a servitte was given and the aunty gave me FREE beansprouts! Shiok rite.. =)

We then went to watch "Collateral" (starring Tom Cruise & Jamie Foxx) at GV Plaza.. not a good show though.. quite slow pase and the ending was not very good.. almost fell asleep at some parts of the show!

Then we proceed to arcade to play some games.. well.. its been a long while since I've step into one.. played those shooting games as well as photo hunt!! manz.. its nostalgic manz.. those were the days.. haiz..

Then we went to Wheelock Place for Sakae Sushi.. ate quite a few things actually.. wanted to ask Huimin to come and join us, but she got driving lesson.. *poor road..*.. hahaz.. =P.. sorry huimin.. couldn't resist! =P

Then we wanted to eat dessert.. went to NYDC Wheelock, but then Marcus not interesting.. so we went to Baker's Inn @ One Fullerton!! Had the Coupe Ice-Cream Cheesecake (which cost $10.90) and Lavender Herbal Tea for two!! During that time, we had a good one-to-one, heart-to-heart chat abt. personal issues!! We chatted abt this topic from the time we finish our dinner at Sakae and all the way home from Baker's Inn @ One Fullerton.. tat's how long we chatted man..
Its weird in a sense that the previous outings we had together abt. a mth back, were never so personal until yesterday nite!! Yesterday nite was really a special one for me (esp. for me since its my LAST 2nd day of freedom).. Manz.. how I wish the nite would never end..

Then after that, I came home lohz and wrote my 3 days journal.. then slept..

This morning as I woke up, I woke up with heavy feelings in my heart.. Probably its becos' tml I going in for enlistment.. Well.. this blog has certainly being filled with mixed emotions (dun koe whether to cry or be happy).. haiz..

Anyway, I've got a request for those of you who are reading this blogpost.. My request very simple.. Can I request you pray for me?? You don't know what to pray?? Don't fret!! Below is the list (not very long lahz):

Pls. pray for:
- Spiritual protection in camp,
- Able to adapt well,
- Dun miss family,
- Have good camp-mates (no sabotage and all),
- Safety
- Able to take all the strenous physical training and
- Most of all, have time for Him!

Well.. that's all..

And I don't think this blog would be updated or anything like that for the next 3 wks or so.. so pls. bear with it.. if you are bored, you can take part in the various interactive features I've put in my blog ya??

Well.. I think its appropriate to stop here now, juz in case you start crying (ha.. as if!)..

Goodbye faithful readers of my blog.. Its been a wonderful journey to serve you.. now, I've to serve the nation!

"One life, Live it! How will YOU live this season of YOUR life?"

*PS: If I have the chance in camp for interenet, I will try my very best to post some updates or some sort.. =)

Ciaoz n have a GREAT week ahead,
<<<>>>

No comments: