"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Eating, eating and more eating..

well.. if you have not already realised, I have changed the title of my blogpage to "Let's Makan!!" and the quote for my blog is a saying abt. food..

and yes!! guess my blog is like a one-stop food blog.. if you are hungry, or want to koe wat I ate or need some food recommendations, here is the place to be!! More links on food will be coming your way!!.. so hold your breathe!!! =)

Well.. since this is the starting of my food blog, I will recommend a super-nice ice-kachang.. so here it is..

This ice-kachang is very interesting.. and its probably one of the best I've eaten! and wat I'm talking about is none other than the peanut ice-kachang! yes!! you seen correctly!! peanut ice-kachang!
The usual ice-kachang is with atap-chee and all and all those fanciful colour syrups and tend to be very sweet.. agree?? But this is different.. this ice-kachang has NO atap-chee =(.. but its top with red bean paste and peanut!! The price is also very reasonable!! $1.20 for a small bowl and $1.50 for a large bowl!!
If you like ice-kachang not so sweet and want to try sumthing different, this is it.. below is the address of this ice-kachang:
Annie Ice Kachang
Blk 6 Tg Pagar Rd
#02-36 Tg Pagar Plaza Market & Food Centre
Singapore 081006
Tel: 97328683
Business Hours:
Mon to Fri: 10.30 am to 7.15 pm
Sat: 10.30 am to 6.00 pm
Sun: 10.30 am to 2.30 pm
Off Days: Public Holidays

And to view how the ice-kachang look like, pls. see below (photo courtesy of Chong Huimin):



That was sun (1/8) lunch after church service.. the same ging-gang of mine went for lunch as usual.. =)

Yesterday (3/8) morning went to Crescent Girl's School to help out in the last Govt. school gigs.. Marcus (my good crusade friend) called me last minute and asked me whether I want to go out.. told him tat we could do coffee instead.. so met him up at Plaza Singapura's Starbucks.. I had to go and try the LATEST drink from Starbucks.. i think its called, "Citron Cafe Coffee Frappucino".. its actually normal coffee frappucino, top with a sprinkle of lemon zest and finish off with a lemon wafer stick.. =).. sounds heavenly?? IT IS HEAVENLY!! The lemon wafer stick is to die for (at least for me!)..
tried to find the pic/description of this citron cafe coffee frappucino over the net for the past 2 days, but to no avail! so juz visit any Starbucks store to find out more..
PS: I'm NOT getting any commission from Starbucks.. =P

Then accompanied Marcus to the Le Meridian Hotel Foodcourt, "Great Treats" for dinner.. I didn't eat, coz my mum cook dinner (and my fave dish, Ka-plow.. which is a Thailand dish I've learnt how to cook from the Thai Staff over at ChiangMai when I was on my mission trip.. Ka-plow is actually minced pork fried with basil leaves and chilli padi.. very shiok!!.. you can say tat's one of my signature dish now even though I did not cook it b4.. but i koe the recipe and tat's the most impt.. ha.. =P)..
Anyway, the only food that I like most in the "Great Treats" foodcourt is the Pad Thai (Thailand fried rice noodles.. very nice!! its salty, spicy and most impt my favourite, SOUR!.. but now, its CLOSED down already.. *sobs*.. dont koe y.. Marcus and I will definately miss tat pad thai over there man.. =(

As if the eating was not enough, this morning, I went to Holland Village's Coffee Bean to meet up with my mission trip best pal, Joel, for breakfast.. had a good 2.5 hrs chat with him.. =).. Ate the break o' day breakfast set (which includes a cup of tea/coffee) for only $3.25 instead of the usual, $6.50..
This lobang can only come from the NKF charity show donation appreciation coupons.. in the recent NKF, i donated my money with 3 calls and my parents did so too.. so my family got 2 set of coupons and Coffee Bean was one of their sponsors.. so got discount!
Thought of this coupon thing only yesterday nite! Was watching TV yesterday nite and suddenly remembered tat I got this coupon thing.. and then immediately went to check the terms and conditions of usage.. and surprisingly, the date was STILL valid and the time of eating our breakfast was still on time.. =).. so I gave one of the coupon to Joel.. and he too got 50% off his breakfast set! This is called "Care & Share!" =)

Then came home on bus 105 and met Jingxian (my sec sch best friend) on the bus.. chatted with him for the whole journey back home.. coincidently, he juz stayed opp. my block and he wld be enlisting the same day, same time and same school.. i was joking with him that don't be surprise tat I would be the same unit as him! =P

Then reach home.. bathe and surf net.. then ate dinner.. then juz now in the evening (abt. 6.45pm), prepared the french onion dip for Dotz' desk-warming party tml nite at ForeRunner office.. so there I will go bingeing again.. *haiz..*..

been trying hard to maintain my lost weight.. but now, it seems tat I'm gaining back all my lost weight.. been telling myself to STOP eating so much.. but I just can't.. just keep eating, eating and eating..

k.. gtg and end this blog.. becos' i think by now, u wld be hungry after all these description on today's blog post.. ha..

Ciaoz n have a GREAT day ahead,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: