"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, May 07, 2004

AN AWESOME PRACTICE!

Well.. today went for practice at ForeRunner's office, and the journey took me an hour! but it was quite fast already.. but thank God that He guides me on the bus-ride.. not too sure about it, but I certainly prayed before I embark on my journey.. so yupz.. =)

anyway, was suppose to reach there like 11am, but reach there 30mins earlier.. so went in and help to pack stuff as well as clean chairs etc.. we finish the cleaning and all that at about 12.15pm.. so we went for lunch opposite the ForeRunner's office building.. ate fish hor fun with this black bean thing.. not bad.. a few of us ate this special hor fun.. quite ex.. $4.. its a group of us ate this hor fun... then when one of us burp, you get that smell.. which is very disgusting.. so you can imagine if someone burps, that's it! but ya... as usual, someone burp and I smelt it.. my goodness!

before lunch, i met lindsay (a staff from US).. she came to s'pore juz for this music missions trip! talk to her quite a bit.. but not that much.. will talk to her more on mon onwards, when we are going for the retreat! so yupz..

then in the afternoon, i received an SMS about my exam results! and thank God, I've got 1 Distinction, 1 'A', 3 'B' & 1 'C'.. here are the breakdown of subjects with the respective grade:

Product Development & Marketing: Distinction
Final Year Project: A
Food Processing: B
Health & Wellness: B
Communication Skills: B
Food Safety: C

overall.. beri happy with my results! To God be all glory! =)

then after the lunch, we start the practice.. the practice was power manz!! serious!! 90% similar to the CD of the worship songs! serious!

we have this song called, "the wondrous cross" by phillip, craig & dean and this guy in the music missions team was doing solo.. and I tell you.. his voice is 99% like the person in the CD.. really good manz.. =)


I thought there were 3 keyboardists (including me) for the worship and the music missions trip.. however, there were only 2 (only me and the other guy)!! so i played the main,whereas the other guy has more roles in playing.. he is playing the accompaniment.. so yupz.. not very good at accompaniment.. so let him do the honours! =)

so its like 2 hrs and we learn 3 songs! slow but good progress!! =)..

then after the practice, ivin, matthew, deborah, donavon, jason and me went to Holland V and ate Katong Laksa.. quite ex and nothing special about Katong Laksa actually.. dun koe wat is so nice.. ha.. =).. its like $3 a bowl and i order otah and a drink.. so that dinner costs me $5.50! ex huh..

then jason gtg.. so the rest of us went to Coffee Club, chill out, chat and talk nonsense.. I ordered the Ice Mocha Vanilla.. interesting presentation, but not very nice.. but the cakes were very good and value for money i must say.. we ordered the muddy mud pie and the tiramisu! both cakes not bad.. but prefer the muddy mud pie.. =).. we practically sat there for like close to 2 hrs and talk anything under the sun!! and the best thing of all, IVIN TREATED US.. =)..

it was late, and therefore, we each went back.. wanted to take bus 105, but dun want to waste money.. so took mrt instead (becos' i got bus concession mahz!).. this ivin told me its within walking distance to buona vista mrt!! so i decided to walk from Holland V to buona vista mrt!! the more i walk, the further the station manz.. darn far lohz!! haiz.. but still manage to walk lahz.. wat to do??

so ya.. just got home about 30 mins back, and I bathe and wrote this blogpost.. so yupz.. that's all folks for today..

gtg and sleep liaoz, becos' tml need to do quite a lot of stuff.. practically practicing my songs for the mission trip, as well as my worship thing for commissioning nite.. tml will be a playing session for me manz.. ha.. =)

so till then,

Ciaoz n have a GREAT weekend ahead,
<<< aBrIeL >>>

No comments: