"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, April 25, 2004

WEIGHT LOSS!!

Well.. sorry for the multiple entries that was entered into my Fri, Apr 23's blog update !! They look the same, but i added some things inside like thanking my jie, etc.. so the updated one is of course 23/4.. yupz.. =)

Anyway, the subject of this blogpost states it all !! Believe it or not!! I LOST 6kg just by studying/preparing/sitting for my main examinations!! I was that stressed!! But feel really happy lohz.. in my whole life, i NEVER manage to lose so much weight!!
So currently, i'm trying very hard to maintain my current weight (ie, after the 6kg loss), and if possible, i will cut down my diet!! yupz.. that desperate to lose weight!! not becos' i'm going NS or what!! It's just i dun koe.. a guy thing?? =P
So kor, i was telling jie at cell today.. maybe you cld study a lot or get urself stressed, so that you can lose weight too?? =P.. but a question!! do you eat more when u are stressed?? if you do, then i'm afraid that this does NOT work for you !! =)

Anyway, 3/4 of today i was at the computer changing the soft copy of the chords of my worship team's worship compilation.. becos' i'm appointed the role of the 'chief musician' in my church (make me sound so old!!).. but anyway, I've got this new responsibility of changing the soft copy as well as the hard copy (for EVERY wk's service).. 'shiong' right?? But manage to finish 3/4 of it, so not so bad..

yesterday, (Fri - 23/4/2004), i spend the WHOLE day doing my church camp FINAL church publicity ppt (for screening on 15/5.. I'm NOT fast!! I'm juz doing in advance.. u wld koe y later!! so read on..).. glad it turn out ok.. and wendy said no problem!! so its juz left for approval for the camp chairman and my pastor !! think shld not be a problem, but rules are rules.. need to go thru' them first b4 screening!!
i tried to burn it in a CD-RW, juz in case i forgot to burn it for their approval on thurs, becos' i going for camp mtg on thurs.. so yupz.. on the way.. but wat happen was my computer kenna virus, so that means i have to RE-FORMAT my com.. haiz.. another 10 hrs of work in order for my com to work properly again.. =(

anyway, while doing the ppt yesterday and changing the chords this morning, I have been listening to my music missions CD at least abt 20-30 times!!
because i got the burned CD by ForeRunners and they asked me to hear it, so that I would be familiar with the songs, so that i can also play easily when on the keyboard.. =)

but i muz say the songs are quite secular!!I at first thought it was 2-3 secular songs, but didn't koe that there were abt. 4-5 songs that were secular; only knew this when I let Nicholas (my cell grp mate) hear it and he told me its a secular song!! There is artistes like Stacie Orico (singing "more to life" & "i promise"), Joey Mactyre (singing "stay the same"), and Smashmouth (singing "i'm a believer" from the Shrek movie soundtrack). There is also a metal rock song from a dun koe wat rock grp.. not into rock.. juz hope i'm not playing for that song!!
Apparently, there are 3 keyboardists (including me!) on my mission trip, so think each of us plays different songs.. i think!

anyway, out of all the songs inside the CD, i like the Thai song the best, and yes! its in Thai and I muz learn how to play the Thai song.. juz in case.. but I've spend about an hour on it.. and I'm glad to say that I have figured out more or less the chords for that Thai song.. and of course, its by trial and error or commonly refered to as "playing by ear" (not literally hor.. ha).. if i'm not playing the Thai song and I dun sing, I plan to learn it and get the chords.. may do it one day for my church special song!

remember juz now i mentioned about y I do my ppt. so fast and i mentioned that i have no time, this is becos' on the 10/5 - 12/5, i have to attend a stay-in Alpha Retreat organized by ForeRunners to get familiar with my team-mates and all.. and after which, its daily trips from 9am to 5.30pm to ForeRunner's office (which is at South Buona Vista Road-- its VERY far from my hse!! I stay in the North mind you!) for INTENSIVE practice sessions for 1 mth! then its off to ChiangMai, Thailand from 6/6 - 18/6.. so now u koe y i said I no time.. =)

WATCH (Wendy, Abriel [that's ME!], Tiffany, Carlise, Huimin) had a short mtg after cell group today, discussing as to whether we want to undertake a step of faith to lead a session of worship for the Full Gospel Fellowship's conference (where there are a lot of businessmen).. Wendy was telling me that at first, she reclined the offer becos' she thuoght i wld be enlisting in the army during the august period! but the person told her not to worry.. God will provide!! and true enuf, i got deferred until 16/8 and the conference wld be held from 12/8-14/8.. and that means, I got deferred juz in time for this conference..
so Wendy was asking us whether we want to undertake this challenge!! and of course, we all say yes lahz!! I was thinking that it wld be a really BIG step of faith, since we only face to a congregation of abt. 40+ every week.. but this conference is different!! it would be in front of about 1000 ppl who makes up the congregation!! this really needs a BIG step of faith!! never in my life, I would imagine myself to be in such a situation!!

But certainly, I believe that God really has a Will for me to be in this area of worship.. first, its my mission trip.. then came to this conference thingy!! really thank God for all the blessings that He has showered me!! Both events will definitely be part of my life n i will treasure it for the rest of my life, as it would be one of the interesting chapters in my life.
In future when l'm in heaven, i wld really want God to tell me, "good and faithful servant!"

*suddenly so inspirational.. probably i wrote this at early Sunday morning!*

Well.. the following thought juz came to my mind while I'm writing this blogpost!

"What is life?"
Is life all about studying? enjoyment? sleeping? have the 5C's (Cash, Condo, Credit Card, Car, Country Club)? or is life's all about fulfilling God's purpose and do His Will?


Well.. take time to ponder over the thought!! not sure whether it makes sense (becos' i'm like hald-dead when I write this blogpost!).. but at least, it makes ur mind work a bit.. =)

k lahz.. hope you are now more 'filled-in' with my life.. =)

gtg and sleep.. wake up 7hrs later for church..

Ciaoz n have a GREAT week ahead,
<<< aBrIeL >>>

No comments: