"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, February 28, 2004

Friday (27/2/2002)

I'M LOVIN IT!! I'M LOVIN IT!!

Good evening.. well.. the title says it so.. I'm Lovin it!! I'm Lovin it!! Becos' i love today so much.. its probably one of my happiest days since this yr, 2004.. but i spend a lot today though.. think its close to $200/= !!
anyway, here is a brief look of wat i did today..

as usual, went out with my pal, Jingxian..

So here goes.. my diary for today..

* In the morning, went with Jingxian to SIR building.. becos' I need to extend my passport for my mission trip in June.. so yupz..

* After tat, we went to Plaza Singapura to catch the movie, "Big Fish".. its was a good movie!! no kidding!! the $7.50 that I pay for the movie is worth every single cent!! Moreover, its a 125 mins movie.. so yupz..

anyway, this movie is a so-called reflective movie.. so here are my thoughts after watching the movie.. there are 2 things..

(1) Look at your life journey in a more optimistic way, even though it may be bad, and from there, you would definately be happier.

but the most impt lesson is not above.. its the one below!!

(2) What do you want people to say of you when you are at your deathbed?? Do you want people to praise you or wat?? do you want the people whom you have touched their lives or made a great impact on, come to your funeral??

well.. this thought has been lingering in my mind for about 10 mins after the movie has ended.. its that reflective!!

I cried at the end of the show.. it was tat touching.. now thinking of it, i almost feel like crying.. I'm actually a very sentimental person.. dun koe y.. probably its my nature.. so ya.. go and see it ya?? =)


* Well.. enuf of crying.. anyway, after the movie, we went to Great Treats foodcourt (the ONLY thai foodcourt at the basement of Meridian Hotel).. as usual, I ate pad thai and jingxian ate char kuay teow.. i let him tried the pad thai and he said nice.. so yupz.. a recommendation for you.. go there and try the pad thai.. very nice..
(btw, this recommendation originally came from my jie, huimin.. so yupz.. thank you!!)

* After tat, we went to get my Levi's 512 jeans and I'm proud to say that I'm a owner of a Levi's 512 jeans!! Yippie!! =)

Well.. cannot wait liaoz.. the thought of it makes it excited and want to buy.. so i went to buy yesterday.. The first time i tried and saw was at Levi's @ Takashimaya.. however, they dun have stock.. so they call me to go to Isetan Wisma and find out whether is there any.. so there I went.. and again, there are NO stock.. that time, i was really praying hard manz.. but the salesperson so helpful.. he help me call quite a few stores and found out that Levi's @ Isetan Scotts (Lido Theatre) has wat I wanted.. so being the kan-cheong me, therefore, I ask them to help me reserve.. so there I went to Levi's @ Isetan Scotts and got my jeans lohz.. the salesperson there let me try 2 types.. ($119.50 and $149.50).. the $149.50 is the 2nd process jeans, tat is to say its more comfortable but different material and different price.. but i decide not to buy, becos' they caution that the 2nd process jeans may not last as long as the $119.50 becos' of the processing.. so i in the end, bought the $119.50 pair.. not bad.. this $119.50 one has a bit of processing... so its a bit smoother.. so ya.. but the salesperson say if wash more, it will become like the 2nd process one.. so yupz.. so yupz.. moreover, got FREE levi's lanyard.. not bad but got a bit defect.. =).. nvm.. not so useful anyway..hahaz.. =)

* After tat, we went to esplanade library to chill out from like 5+pm-7pm.. so comfortable lohz.. then we decide to go to one of the cafes in esplanade to eat our dinner.. after deciding for so long, we decide to go to California Bistro and had our dinner.. we had our dining in Al-fresco style, becos' we want to listen to live band performance.. but instead, the music turns out to be a disappointment.. they say they play jazz.. but its more like pop instead... haiz.. so anyway, we shared our appetizers and desserts together.. and the main course, we each have our own.. I recommend Jingxian to eat the steak (at medium rare.. he actually want to eat medium-done but i told him to try medium rare.. so of course, he said nice lahz.. all thanx to my good recommendation.. chey!)

so anyway, his side dish was mash potato while mine was potato salad.. and it turns out that the mash potato is nicer than the potato salad.. haiz.. disappointment manz.. i actually wanted to eat steak, but decide not to in the end, becos' since Jingxian is ordering, i choose something different.. so i ate chicken instead.. so yupz.. was not bad.. but the portions were a bit big.. at first, we were like seeing the plate, so small portion.. just 1 piece of meat with a serving of our side dishes.. and in the end, we were full when even our plates were only half-done.. so yupz.. probably its the meat and potato.. both full of carbos.. so yupz..

for dessert, i manage to convince Jingxian to share with me a cranberry bread and butter pudding with vanilla sauce.. we both agree its nice.. so yupz.. but i ate most of it, becos' he said he was full.. i was actually thinking not to finish everything lohz.. becos' i was also full, but dun waste full mahz.. so yupz..

so we sat and talk lohz.. we talk everything that is under the sun.. so the bill after 5% GST, 10% service charge and 1% cess charge, it came up to be about $55.. quite a reasonable deal.. considering we ate so many things.. so yupz.. =)

PS: a piece of advice.. if u want to go to esplanade and hv ur meal, go during wkends.. becos' the ambience there is better becos' of the outdoor music and all.. so yupz.. =)

*after tat, we went back from esplanade and came home lohz.. so by the time i reached home, its about 10.30pm liaoz.. after bathe and packing everything, its close to 12 midnight.. but then, i cont. to do my Firmenich thing to collate, etc.. so did until like 12.45am, then i slept....

Saturday (28/2/2004)

Well.. woke up at about 8am and again, do my Firmenich thingy.. manage to finish it liaoz.. then do some miscelleous work and now, with this blog update..

later going for my mission trip fund-raising seminar from 2pm-4pm.. thought today gonna see my whole team.. but apparently, someone called me to tell me tat becos' of unforeseen circumstances, therefore, the team can't meet today.. so yupz.. a bit sad.. but wat to do?? haiz.. =(

k.. gtg liaoz n have my lunch..

will probably blog and update you all of the cell bbq that i have tonite ya?? can't eat too much.. becos' tml i worship lead.. haiz.. =(

k.. till then,

Ciaoz n have a GREAT weekend ahead,
<<< aBrIeL >>>

No comments: