"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, January 22, 2004

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR 2004 !!! GONG XI GONG XI !!

well.. manage to fix the music after like 40hrs!.. i simply have NO idea of why this happens!! I tell u.. i was like grumbling the whole day today as well as yesterday night.. being upset about not being to listen to the music on my blog, while u all are happy listening away.. so at last!! Got it fixed!! I prayed before I do!! Isn't God GREAT?? =).. it's such small things that makes me feel that He is always with me!! Amen??

Anyway, thanx dory and wah piang! for your compliments on my blog.. glad u all like it.. i think its the blue and black background that stands out.. well.. its cool enuf huh.. dun u all think so??

Site Updates

* Changes to the no. of votes on the column, "SIZZZZLING HOT topic!"..

1st Day Of CNY Visitation

Slept at 12.45am last night (becos' i watch the CNY countdown show).. woke up at about 8am this morning.. then did my QT and all.. so by the time i eat my breakfast, it is about 9am liaoz..

i then bathe and proceed to my grandma's (my mum's side) hse.. and tat was abuot 10.30am.. and for the FIRST time in CNY, i drank wine.. my uncle say drink, then i drink lohz.. good huh.. =)

anyway, the wine was like so nice lohz.. =).. the wine i drank was ice wine (aka dessert wine).. so when u drink this wine, after drinking, u DON'T have that dry aftertaste on ur palate (ie, a place near ur tongue) and ur throat.. it is a smooth wine lohz.. =).. very nice..

my uncle actually recommend another ice wine, called Moscato.. yupz.. he say Millenia Walk sells this wine.. one day muz go there and see.. if got $$, will buy.. =).. i'm now like addicted to wine (particularly, ice wine) liaoz.. =)

after tat, my family then proceed to All Saints' Church Memorial Hall to see my grandpa (my mum's side).. its like a yearly thing lohz.. go and pay our respects and all.. and i tell u.. it was also very crowded at that place.. =)

after tat, we rushed down to my aunt's (my mum's 2nd eldest sister) place for lunch.. so we took a NEL train from Kovan and sat all the way till Dhouby Ghaut and then take bus 106 to my aunt's hse at Holland Road.. my uncle (my mum's eldest brother) was also there lohz.. so he join us for lunch.. and again, we had Peranakan as well as other dishes for lunch..

We had:
* Nonya Chup Chai (Peranakan Dish)
* Babi Pon Teh (Peranakan Dish)
* Fried Tiger Prawns
* Beef Curry (hot and shiok!)
* Spinach with Sea Cucumber & Abalone (Yum! Yum!)
* Archar

so we had an awesome lunch and of course, the usual dose of collecting angbaos =)..

After tat, my uncle gave my family to Carrefour Suntec to go and jalan jalan lohz, becos' if come home, will be bored lohz.. so anyway, i walked.. quite sianz.. only carrefour open.. the other stores like Giordano and U2 are closed.. haiz.. =(

wanted to go to millenia walk and check out the ice wine.. but we were too tired.. and dun koe whether they open or not.. so we did not take the risk.. we juz took bus 133 home lohz.. there were a lot of ppl on the bus initially.. but once reached river hongbao, ppl start to go down and the crowd on the bus was not too bad.. still got place to sit.. yupz..

so after tat, came home and check's my kor's reply on icq abt the music problem.. tried to solve it by various means, but can't.. decide to try the conventional method again.. re-download Windows Media Player.. and it work! Thank God!! =)

k.. gtg and watch some quality TV liaoz.. spend too much time on com yesterday.. mum grumbling becos' of the electricity and all =P..
so anyway, if u read this blog before 10pm, be sure to catch the NEWEST season of American Idol 3 on Channel 5 tonite (22/1) at 10pm !! I will be catching it for sure..=).. i think i can be the spokesperson for MediaCorp TV liaoz.. hahaz.. =)

well.. tml will be a REALLY busy day.. i can predict tat i wld only be home at 12 midnight tml (22/1).. becos' 2nd day of CNY is the worst!!, but fun!! will be able to see my cousins (both young and old) again.. so happy.. chey! hahaz..

Zai(4) Jian(4) n have a GREAT day ahead (collecting angbaos and bingeing AGAIN!), =P
<<< aBrIeL >>>

No comments: