"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, January 23, 2004

ok.. time for updates...

2nd Day Of CNY Visitation

well.. the day started of with eating breakfast.. slacked till afternoon abt. 1.30pm.. At this day, we will go visiting my relatives at my DAD'S side..

Oh.. juz to remind u tat I'm a PERANAKAN (my dad is one, therefore i'm one.. duh!).. hahaz.. so yupz.. so most of the food i ate today is Peranakan food... yum! yum!! dun u envy me?? =P

My aunty then called us to offer to give my family n me, a lift to my grandma's hse which is at Jurong.. yupz.. so reached there close to 2pm.. once i reached there, my aunty and uncles atrt to give angbaos to me lohz.. so happy.. got $$.. hahaz..

then we had lunch there.. again, i shall make u salivate by telling u wat are the Peranakan foods i ate =P.. so here goes..

* Braised Pig Trotters with sea cucumber (Yum! yum!)
* Nonya Ngoh Hiang (Yum! yum!)
* Chicken Curry (Yum! yum!)
* Vegetables (Yum! yum!)
* Roast Pork (Yum! yum!)
* Sotong and cuttlefish balls
* Sausage

there is also fried bee hoon.. but did not eat.. prefer to eat rice.. =P

did not really talk to Shannon and Sherwyn (both my cousins).. coz' like nothing to talk lohz.. we meet like a few days ago at my aunty's hse and like talk wat what's on our mind liaoz.. so yupz.. then of course, their girlfriends also there lahz.. so yupz..

i didn't also really talk to my younger cousins (ie, between the age of 9-13).. just play with them lohz.. but i played with my youngest cousin (4 yrs old) a lot!! Even Shannon and Sherwyn likes to play with her.. she is so cute.. she is the same small cousin whom i mentioned about on 17/01 on my blog.. she is the gal who like shake her leg non-stop while dancing lohz.. yupz.. tat's her.. she is so cute.. she is like the most popular gal at every CNY.. becos' she is so fun to play with.. so chubby somemore.. feel like pinching her.. hahaz.. ya.. i koe.. u muz have say i bully kichi (means big bully small) right?? hahaz.. =)

after my grandma's hse, we went to various aunty and uncle hse for visitation lohz.. at the 3rd stop, some of my aunty's friends came.. so again, i was happy.. becos' got angbao=$$.. hahaz.. me money face right?? hahaz.. =P

then visited the last hse (which is the aunty who give us a lift to my grandma's hse), and we had yu sang (but WITHOUT fish) and dinner with Peranakan dishes.. so yupz.. went for eating dinner lohz (on top of going every hse and eat their CNY goodies).. so right.. feel like i'm bingeing.. after eating, i fell so full to the stage tat I think i got stomach cramp.. serious!! Oh yah.. here is the list of food tat i ate to make u salivate further:

* Ayam Buah Keluak (Peranakan's signiture dish)
* Pork Liver Balls (this is very interesting.. i ate one of it.. its pork liver mashed and wrapped into a ball with pig's membrane.. then it is pan-fried.. so yupz.. this one i only eat once in a year only.. so its nice lohz.. ate it with sambal balachan.. wah.. shiok manz!! )
* Nonya Chup Chai [have been eating this for a few days liaoz.. quite sianz.. but still nice.. =)]
* Minced Pork, Chicken Ball, Fishball and Cabbage Soup (NOT a Peranakan dish.. this one anyhow han-tump cook one.. )

then after dinner, went to the TV area and watch TV lohz.. watched One Leg Kicking.. then my cousin (12 yrs) then came and sit beside me.. my sis then commended that we are like brothers.. hahaz.. but come to think of it, it may be true lahz.. i big bro, he small bro.. hahaz.. well.. if u want to koe his name, his name is Nathaniel.. so yupz..

after tat, the adults all finish their dinner.. then most of them crowd round the TV and watch the FINAL episode of "Home In Toa Payoh" on Channel 8.. those who watch wanted to koe who did Huiming marry in the end? ex-husband or Dr Yu Daren?? well.. the ending was Dr Yu Daren.. so yupz.. my aunty was like asking me who will Huiming choose in the end.. i said i dun koe lohz.. my the other cousins then make their guesses.. so yupz..

after the show ended, my family decided to go home.. we were like so tired liaoz.. after the whole day of visiting.. so after i came back, i was like so dead tired.. i bathe and then sleep liaoz..

(PS: i actually wrote this blog on sat (24/1).. however, the reason y this blog is on 23/1, is so tat i dun want to confuse you.. tat's y..)

anyway, in the afternoon, will go for visiting at 2 hse.. its more of a cell group thing.. will tell u more about my visiting today in my tml's blog yaz?? becos' i think by the time i come home, i wld be dead tired again.. so yupz..

Ciaoz n have a GREAT day ahead (probably bingeing and collecting angbaos!), =)
<<< aBrIeL >>>

No comments: