"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, December 23, 2003

hiz.. anyway, today is quite a tiring day becos' went shopping.. =)

anyway, here is an update of my day..

woke up about 8.15am, and call jingxian up.. he wants me to accompany him to go shopping for his CNY clothes as well as update his passport.. so yupz.. wat to do?? i am his image consultant.. wahahaha.. *chey*..

anyway, i gave him a morning call about 8.15am and then gave him another at 9am.. he is supposed to meet me at my hse void deck at 10am.. so yupz.. 9.30am, i went to bathe and during my bathe, i suddenly remembered that I need to update my passport photo.. i actually want to do this a few wks back, but alwayz forgot.. so yupz.. so since today I'm going to SIR building (which is NOW called ICA -- Immigration & Checkpoint Authority).. so on the way loh..

so by the time i reached there, is about 11am.. so when waited for my turn, etc.. its about 11.15am.. so i filled in the form and all.. and my passport photo was updated imeediately.. wat surprised me was how the photo is "pasted" on my passport.. the person just simply paste my photo on a visa page and then, sign and chop and that's it.. when both of us saw this, we were like "so cheapskate!".. my gosh.. we were expecting that they would have a way to tear off the plastic on the passport, and then insert the photo.. but i didn't expect to turn out this way.. haiz.. (PS: mine is the OLD international passport.. yupz.. ).. i called up ICA b4 i went.. and the customer service operator told me that this wld take 1-2hrs, depending on the queue.. i was like ok.. so that means i have to wait for my turn in the queue.. and after that, i still have to wait 1-2hrs for my new photo to be inserted into my passport.. but i really dun expect that it would turn out like that lohz.. haiz...

then after which, we proceed to Centrepoint to shop.. Jingxian got a $100 Robinsons Group (which the voucher can be used EITHER in Robinsons/John Little/Marks & Spencer) from her mother.. becos' his mother won this in the company's lucky draw..
(PS: i worked in jingxian's mother company b4 i came to poly.. but i quit the job like after 3 mths.. pay so little, but have to work like mad.. from 7am-7pm, and paid $59 per day.. sometimes, sat and sun have to work.. so now, i scared of working liaoz.. if i want to work, i would get a 9-5 office job and only work on weekdays.. more income and more comfortable.. dun u think so?? anyway, i was really fortunate that time.. just b4 i leaved the company, i was invited to their annual company dinner.. i was really privileged as i was only a temp. staff.. and guess wat.. i won a $100 Takashimaya voucher during the company dinner lucky draw.. i was so happy lohz !! anyway, that was like 3 yrs ago liaoz.. so no pt. mentioning.. )

yupz.. so Jingxian was contemplating as to whether to buy shoes with his voucher or shirts.. in the end, he decide to buy Hush Puppies shoes.. so there we find, and there is NO casual Hush Puppies shoes in Robinsons..
(PS: before going to centrepoint, we made a stop-over at City hall mrt, becos' change train to go to somerset.. we set off from lavendar mrt.. so yupz.. while waiting for the train at city hall mrt, i was thinking, whether we shld visit raffles city shopping centre.. then we proceed to Centrepoint.. but wat i didn't think of, is that Raffles City also has Robinsons.. and then, i decide to give it a miss and go to Centrepoint Robinson's instead..)
so as i said earlier (ie, b4 the PS note), i suddenly thought of Raffles City Robinsons sell Hush Puppies Casual shoes.. so yupz.. i regretted my decision and there, we went back to Raffles City loh.. haiz.. waste my bus fare.. =(.. but since we are at Centrepoint, we decide to go to Cuppage Food Centre and eat our lunch, before we go to Raffles City.. i ate the meat ball soup with 1 bowl of rice ($3.50), while jingxian ate the char kway teow ($3.00).. bothe dishes are very nice.. i like the char kway teow.. but oily though.. but nice.. i just ate a nibble.. just try try.. after which, we proceed to Marks & Spencer at Centrepoint to buy Christmas Cards.. Jingxian wants to buy them, NOT me.. so he chose the card loh.. actual price costs $11.90.. but becos' they having 20% discount on Christmas cards/wrappers/tags, it only costs him $9.10.. which is cheaper than wat i bought last time.. i bought a smaller one, but it cost me $9.90.. haiz... well.. it just dun pay to buy early.. =(

then after that, we took a train to Raffles City loh.. went to Robinsons and get the shoes that Jingxian want.. saw the shoe that I bought about 2 mths back.. then i recommend the shoe to jingxian.. i plan to wear that pair of shoe for this yr's CNY.. however, that time i bought the shoes, it costs me $110.. however, Robinsons is having 15% storewide discount.. therefore, that shoe only cost him $101.19.. my gosh.. SAME pair of shoe, but difference of $9.. haiz... another rip-off.. =(

then we proceed to U2.. he saw a shirt that he like.. however, i suggest him to check out Giordano first *hint**hint* (becos' I can earn pts mahz.. =P)
anyway, went to Giordano.. i asked him to try on mandrain collar shirt (black) with a plain lycra t-shirt (white) inside.. and guess wat.. manz.. he look good in it manz.. all thanx to my imaging consultant skills.. *chey*..
but in the end, after trying so many combinations (ie, different colour t-shirt and mandarin collar shirt), he decides to buy the U2 shirt he fancies and wear the lycra t-shirt inside.. so yupz.. in the end, he only bought 2 lycra t-shirt (one black and one white).. that costs him $28/=.. however, before paying, i asked the cashier that whether Giordano member gets additional discount on top of the 30% discount, becos' i wear Giordano apparel.. but to my surprise, he said no.. and he start keying in the 30% discount liaoz.. so i have no choice but to keep my i/c for membership discount..) me and my big mouth.. =(.. if not, i cld earn some pts.. haiz.. anyway, ppl cannot be so selfish one.. =(ok.. shall cont. on.. so therefore, he gets a further 30% discount.. i actually wanted to psycho him to use my membership card to get only the 15% discount.. i actualy hinted to him.. i said something like u want 15% or 30%.. he say "of course, 30%" lahz.. so i was quite disappointed lohz.. =(

so then, i wanted to get Michael Buble "so-called" NEW cd (entitled: totally buble).. so we proceed to Sembawang Music Centre still at Raffles City and the cashier told me its out of stock.. she also told me that its an old cd, even older than the Michael Buble CD i have in my cupboard.. she said its a 2001 cd, and they re-master it, therefore, it becomes a new cd.. so in the end, went up to HMV at Citylink.. manage to find the cd, however, it was $19.95.. then, i thought it was too ex.. so i went to Tower Records at Suntec and see how much was the cd.. to my surprise, the price was still $19.95.. my gosh!! i walked for nothing.. so yupz.. anyway, actually wanted to go to Carefpur at Suntec and see.. however, Jingxian was tired.. so i decided to buy from Tower Records instead..

so then frm there, we took bus service 133 back loh.. so yupz.. that shld be my day..

its quite long, becos' its really detailed lohz.. hope u dun mind.. i'm used to writing such long grandmother stories.. =)

ok.. gtg liaoz and listen to my "totally buble" cd..

Tata and have a GREAT day ahead, =)
<<< aBrIeL >>>

No comments: