"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Reliving my childhood @ Universal Studios Singapore!

Group of colleagues in ex-Company
hanging out in Universal Studios Singapore!

Well.. the day has come where I was waiting quite impatiently for! Its the long-awaited Cerebos Family Day 2010, happened today at Universal Studios Singapore & Resorts World Sentosa!

Welcoming my world,
Universal Studios Singapore, with open arms!

I almost couldn't sleep the nite before actually.. haha.. very excited!
The day started of by me waking up at 6.30am and freshen up and eat a little breakfast! Before long, I was at Harbourfront NEL Control Station meeting up with Wendy & her bf, Lee Hsien, Alex, Wang and Weng Yew. It was indeed a rare sight that I met Wang, who was my boss in my ex-company.. so its like we are meeting up as ex-colleagues (except for Weng Yew who happens to be in the same department as me now after the reorganisation!).. so yupz.. quite happy lah!

The Madagascar Mascots Figurine!


The Penguins from Madagascar!


Gloria the Hippo from Madagascar!


Alex the Lion from Madagascar!


The children's merry-go-round ride
in the town of Madagascar!


King Julien XIII from Madagascar!

When I first reached Universal Studios Singapore, I was indeed amazed and yupz.. I was simply being a camwhore and trigger happy!! Everywhere I went, I just point and shoot!

The shop in the town of Madagascar, where I had spent
the most money ($43.60) on 3 souvenir cups and a magnet!

And yes.. blame it on Madagascar, but I simply couldn't get enough of it, especially the Penguins!! Oooo.. they are so cute!!!!!!!
Anyway, I was so engrossed with Madagascar that I spent the most inside on souvenir cups and a magnet.. I bought so many cups with the intention to change the cups for my family.. and yupz.. glad they like it =D

Puss in Boots from Shrek!

And yes.. until now as I blogged this blogpost, I regret badly that I DIDN'T manage to take photo with Shrek, because he is one of the characters which I want to take photo with as well.. sigh~

The castle in the town of Far Far Away!


Watching the show, "Shrek in 4D"
located in the town of Far Far Away!


Gingy & Donkey from Shrek!


In the land of Far Far Away...


No prizes if you can guess this sign refers to..
It is actually a toilet sign.. cool rite =D


Showing my powers in the town of Ancient Eygpt!


Oh no!! We are caught by one of the guards of
High Priest Imhotep in the town of Ancient Eygpt! Help!! *screams*

I have always been very interested in Eygptian history, and yupz.. that's why its like a must-do thing when I first enter Universal Studios Singapore.. take photo with those Eygptian "creatures", etc if have the chance, but most of all, I took the indoor roller coaster, which was in the dark, and that makes it more thrilling!!

It's my first sitting in this dark roller coaster and I was screaming my guts out! Can you believe it that it is already so dark and I still close my eyes whilst the rollercoaster is moving at top speed! haha.. it was indeed a thrilling ride, and yupz.. I don't regret a single bit!

The magnificent sight of the ceremic guards of
High Priest Imhotep in the town of Ancient Eygpt!


Planting a kiss on Marilyn Monroe in the town of New York! (Apparently, I went a little too close and the staff of Universal Studios Singapore asked me to move back a little.. Quite a lot of people laughed.. haha.. so malu)


The Jurassic Park's Rapid Adventure ride
in the town of The Lost World!

Apparently, we queued for this ride for about 30 mins! And yupz.. A lot of people asked which position you sit (because it is a round raft) then you won't get wet.. but yupz.. the sad thing is that I cannot tell you where exactly, because it really depends on which way the water flow and how your raft move.. so you won't know who was the wettest until the ride is done.. and yupz..

I was fortunate enough to NOT be wet! - only a few drops and light splashes! Other than that, I'm totally dry! But the same can't be said for the seats just 1 seat away.. they were soaking wet, and I do mean VERY wet!!

But the ride was fun in a way that it brings you to this tunnel in the dark and then suddenly, it elevates you very fast, and all of a sudden, you are swashed down 3 storeys high! so yupz.. tts thrilling I tell you! =D

Look at my wide smile in the town of New York!


Such retro red bricks setting in the town of New York!


The night scene (showing a breath-taking sight of
Ancient Eygpt & Sci-Fi) in the town of Hollywood!


The night shot!

And sadly, the park closes at 7pm.. and I was actually reluctant to leave the park.. I would love to stay longer.. really.. I had such a fun time there, that I want to live in this fantasy land forever!

This is something that is very close to my heart, and it made me feel like a child all over again! And yes.. I'm starting to tear a little now.. oh well..

Another night shot!
Looks similar to the SAFTI building if you ask me.. haha..


My souvenir cups from
the various towns (Madagascar, Lost World & Shrek)
in Universal Studios Singapore! =D

Therefore if you ask me whether if have the chance to go back there again, I will say a firm "YES!".. you have to be there to know what I mean.. it really makes you feel like a child again!! No kidding.. oh well..

As they say, all good things will come to an end.. and yupz.. I could only say a big thank you to Cerebos for providing such a good opportunity to feel young again, and also, to my friends (Alex, Wang & Weng Yew) for being such good companion mates today.. Really appreciate their presence =D.. why am I talking like I'm marrying already.. haha.. oh well..

** More photos on my Facebook acoount.. if you have time and interested, you can go take a look! It is a whopping 245 photos where I spent only 8 hrs in the park! camwhore huh.. haha..

I love Universal Studios Singapore,
<<< abriel >>>

3 comments:

visio 2010 sale said...

Visio 2010 to create data-related chart (rather than using a static image) to display the data, these charts are easy to refresh, and can significantly increase productivity. Using Visio 2010 download graph to system resources and processes information about the operation and shared within the enterprise organization.

website creation chenna said...

Yes I Like You & Enjoy Ur PHotos! every places are nice! - faizel

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol buy tramadol online no prescription - how to buy tramadol online