"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, February 11, 2010

the grand peranakan feast!

heya all..

just came back from my eldest uncle's (dad side) place for our annual family reunion dinner..

as you all know, I'm a peranakan, and therefore, the food is like so ever yummy.. esp. the ayam buluak!! This is a typical and must-have dish at every Peranakan dinner! without this dish, the food are never complete!

With that said, not only we had ayam buluak, but we have also the ngoh hiang, ayam pongteh, sambal tibun (which is actually sambal shrimps and chilli padi, with cucumber and pineapple), and many others!

It was a feast that I look forward each year, esp. the ayam buluak! it has NEVER fail to whet my appetite! You can say I'm addicted to the dishes already..

And the best thing you know what? Almost everything has chilli in it. Yummy! The hotter the better.. haha.. but my chilli tolerance is not quite there yet, but good enuf I suppose! =D

so ya.. the best thing is that I would have more Peranakan food on Day 2 of CNY, where my aunty will whip up dishes like ayam buluak (yes! again!! =D), babi kapiting soup (meat balls and bamboo shoots soup), and many others... ooo.. I'm craving again!

Ok.. now time to rest, and yes! my leave officially starts now till 21 Feb (Sun).. going back to work on 22 Feb.. =D.. woohoo~ I'm going to enjoy every minute of it!

Till then.. =D

Long life the Peranakans,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: