"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, January 11, 2010

Sawadee-khrap

Just last Thursday (the day where I went to pay up for my CNY reunion dinner at Pearl River Palace Restaurant), after that, met up with Marcus (who is one of my besties).. we had agreed that we would go to Thailand sometime together last year, but it didn't happen.. and man.. it shall happen this year, 2010!.. and what a way to start off the year..
We have somewhat discuss the itinerary already, and guess what.. I have already proceeded to book the air tickets (via Jetstar - which is my first time taking a budget airline, because Oct 2010, plan to go to Taiwan/Hong Kong with my travel kakkis.. so ya.. so can't afford to spend so much)..

** Photo on left: Baiyoke Sky Hotel (the tallest hotel in Bangkok!)

And I actually got a good deal in terms of accomodation.. I'm staying at the Baiyoke Sky Hotel whereby it costs about 7200++ baht per nite (Lvl 64-74), but there is a promotion now, and that is it only cost 4500 nett per nite, and the best part? You only pay for 2 nites instead of the 3 nites we stay in.. Good deal huh? So in total, I only pay 9000 baht nett for accomodation! Hope no other hidden cost loh.. haha..
I calculated that if I were to stay the same hotel I did 2 yrs back when I first visited Bangkok, it would have cost about 7000+ for 3 nites, but the hotel is very dilapilated.. but not for Baiyoke Sky.. heard quite posh!

And I've learnt one thing.. book yourself all the accomodation and air ticket is much cheaper than engaging a tour agent and getting it as F&E package.. of course, the airport transfer is not counted in, but this is my 3rd time to Bangkok already.. so roughly know how they work.. so not really a problem!

Anyway, below are my flight details:

Sat - 27 Mar 2010
Flight Number: 3K511
Departure: Singapore Changi International Airport (Terminal 1), 0715 hrs (SIN time)
Arrival: Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok, Thailand, 0835 hrs (BKK time)

Tue - 30 Mar 2010
Flight Number: 3K514
Departure: Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok, Thailand, 2115 hrs (BKK time)
Arrival: Singapore Changi International Airport (Terminal 1), 0030 hrs (SIN time) - 31 Mar 2010

Yupz.. I'm back to Sawadee-khrap land once more.. Woohoo~

I love Pad Thai and Tom Yum Goong,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: