"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, August 09, 2009

National Day Physical Workout!

** Photo on left: My improved longer distance running route!

You know there would always be a time that you would just turn super lazy, and decide to give the weekly jogs/exercise for a miss?

That's what happened to me today.. but yet, I have been eating so much the past few days (as well as the days to come), and also like I need to train up for my year end's StanChart half-marathon (ie. 21km).. so ya.. 1 less week of practice would be like missing one day ration of food.. haha.. ok.. I'm exaggerating, but you get the point! =)

So ya.. After my brief look at the website, mapmyrun, and counting the no. of kilometres that I ran, I was shocked that I actually didn't run 8km (which I thought I did, because I used another website), and I actually ran a measly 5.73km.. so today, I decided to up my milage (did a prior research of course) to 6.54km. Gonna continue this route for about a month or so, and I won't be running the whole of September (becos' of reservist.. haix).. after which, I will then further up my milage to about 8-9km, and it would continue for about another 3-4 weeks.. and by then, it would be end of October.. at the beginning of novemeber till race day, I'm going to run about 17-18km one shot.. so ya.. I would need to do it, so as to better condition myself for the gruelling 21km route.. so yupz..

That is my plan for now.. whether can I fulfill it is another matter altogether.. but I'm determined to! So keep cheering me on ya =)

** Photo on right: My super expensive luggage bag by Samsonite! - Its supposed to be red in colour, but I couldn't find it.. so this photo was the next best alternative!

Then went out for my weekly family outings to VivoCity, as my pet is having her haircut.. Whilst waiting for her to finish her hairdo, we just went shopping.. And I suddenly walked past Samsonite, and there was this ad which said "44% discount on red luggage bags, in celebration of National Day! 4 days only!"..

That ad totally caught my eye, and went in to see, and saw that the red is not that bad afterall! Hesitated it for a while, but the offer was really tempting.. It was an original price of $680, but because it is because this offer, it was only $380.80! Terribly a good deal, and I was actually in search for one!

Went to TANGS and find and see that a "no-brand" was about $211 after discount! And I don't even know whether would there by any warranty.. On the other hand, Samsonite had a limited 10 years global warranty..

Then I thought for a while and thought that at least I'm paying for some form of warranty, and its more durable than the one I saw (ie. the no-brand luggage)..
Other problem then arose.. which size.. This luggage is 29 inch, whilst the smaller one is 24 inch.. The 29 inch luggage may sound like its super big, but actually inside, it is actually ok only..
The main reason why I bought this, is because of my short business trips.. but then again, if I buy such a small one (ie. the 24 inch), it won't be able to last me for my holidays.. and the difference between the 24 inch and the 29 inch is just a mere $45.. so you see.. the big one is more value for money!

So I bought it, and the salesperson was like super happy lah.. haha.. oh well.. Then after which, I started to regret.. haha.. but I must keep telling myself that it is for the common good, and I would use it.. because spending so much at one shot, is no joke, though it is only $380.80!! Oh well.. what is bought, is bought le..

** Photo on left: My newly-bought Converse shoes.

Then continue walking, and man.. I saw another necessity.. this is even more important than my luggage.. it is my shoes.. And just nice, the Adidas sneakers which I bought (its about 2-3 years old already) has already given way.. so decided to get this pair of Converse shoes which you see on the right!

It is a "charcoal" colour, so its neither black nor white.. Grey lah.. So easier to match with my clothes and all.. so ya.. Got this for $59.90.. and I told myself, I can't be buying another pair of Tiger shoes, or else I would get broke.. becos a Tiger shoe will cost easily $170+ at least! So ya.. So I saved my money for something else lah.. =)

So ya.. spend a lot of money this month, so I guess I won't be spending anymore this month! Quota over liaox.. haha..

Then came home, and watch the recorded-on-my-HubStation programme of NDP 2009, and I tell you.. this year the show is a bit long-winded.. everything has gone a way bit too slow, but it was a refreshing change..
There was even bits and pieces of past National Day songs (super old kind - about the 1980's included!), and they remix it! And according to the commentator, this year's musical director was Sydney Tan.. and he is absolutely good.. and sorry to say, he is BETTER than past musical director, Iskandar Ismail.. so ya..
But you know what did really put a tear in my eye? The National Anthem during the Finale item! They actually did like a very jazzy feel! Here is the video (for those who missed it!)



And it is a very emotional moment for me.. Even as I blog this and hearing this over and over again, images of my BMT and NSF days just flew past my mind, and it never fails to put a tear in my eye.. so ya.. Kudos to this remix!

Yupz.. ok.. it is late le.. I need to sleep!

Enjoy.. and Happy 44th Birthday Singapore!,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: