"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Effective Communication & Interpersonal Skills.. up a notch le!

Attended a course, "Communication & Interpersonal Skills" at M Hotel for the past 2 days, and of course, got great food (because its a buffet lunch @ M Hotel), as well as it is a very informative course..
And I can boldly say that this is one of the best courses I've attended so far..

Not only theory is thought, but the speaker was very engaging with her presentation.. and she added into the presentation her personal touch, because she don't use so much of her powerpoint slides, but rather, she write on flip charts.

As if its not good enough, her way of presentation varies.. which means to say she varies her tone of voice during the presentation, as well as throwing us some situations and ask us to role play on the spot..

And of course with much "rehearsal" from all those church camps video and stuff, I did mine naturally, and injected a lot of humour.. Was particularly amazed (at how spontaneous I was!) when the role was given to me to be a person/colleague who was a "pain in the back" (no more than 4 words being told to me).. super easy for me, and of course with my exaggerated acting, lotsa laugh as a result.. machiam clown like that..

And not only this role play I act as clown, but I acted like in 3-4 role plays, and all I act those scenerios with a dose of humour.. Even the instructor joked that I could just go to the TV station and act.. haha..

Oh well.. I've learnt valuable lessons and skills about handling difficult people, etc.. And I must say its working quite well, because I just tried it.. I saw an email which I don't like how it is written, and I count to 6, and the tot seemed neutral.. for those of you who are curious about this, it is called the "6 second rule".. so ya..

Am so glad that I went for this course..

Language perfect and a natural comedian actor-in-progress,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: