"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, August 03, 2009

My chinese cannot make it lah!

Fwah.. today my boss asked me to call a contractor in Taiwan, and guess what.. the contractor doesn't know a single word of English, so everything must be in Mandarin..

With my half-baked Mandarin, I manage to "scrape through", but when it comes to those technical terms, that's it.. I'm gone.. In the end, he asked me and I tell him, and the whole conversation (which probably could be wrapped up in 15 mins if its in English) has lasted about 30 mins.. wah piangz..

And as if its not enough, that was only Part 1.. I still got Part 2, but that is after the contractor has send me some stuff, before further discussion can be made.. haix..

I regret not studying hard enough to brush up my Mandarin,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: