"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm a certified First Aider!

Just finished 3 solid days of being a certified first aider.. This license will have a validity period of 3 years, and thereafter, if I want to renew, I would have to go back for a refresher course!

The course was not too bad, except I don't like the part that I have to study.. Don't like the studying thing one bit! Its as if I returning to school! No wonder I can't study well in Poly.. haha...

The lessons were quite interesting as I had 3 instructors.. One was a full time staff, another is a full time paramedic but part time instructor, and another is a full time Occupational Safety Officer at MoM (Ministry of Manpower).
I like the full time paramedic instructor best, because he literally told us his daily work (eg: attending to dead bodies, seeing blood everywhere, etc).. so its really quite interesting in a way!

And what's best is that my good army mate (who is also one of my holiday kakkis), Boon Sen, happens to be in a course too, as he is sent by his company for the course as well! What a small world huh.. =)

Today was the test, and I actually didn't really study.. I just studied yesterday for 3 hrs! And I actually prayed to God to help me pass the exam.. I don't ask for much.. As long as I can pass.. that's good!
But God is really so good.. Not only he gave me a passing mark, but is one of the highest marks in the class.. I'm awarded 28 marks out of 30 marks, and the passing mark was 18 marks out of 30 marks! To God be all glory!!

So ya.. really happy that I got my license, so at least I go back office, I won't lose face and all.. Imagine company send me to this course and pay for me everything, and I fail.. I tell you.. My company would have a bad impression of me lah.. Confirm one.. They will take it as I'm not serious with my work.. so ya..
Company send me to this course, because I'm a Safety Officer in my laboratory where I work in, so its essential that I attend this course.. so ya..

Super happy that I bought durians home to share with family.. Woohoo~

A certified first aider,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: