"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!!

** Photo on left: The group who went for the Countdown event!! =)

Happy New Year everyone!! Woohoo~~
The new year is here! Here's wishing everyone a very Blessed 2009 ahead, and may you all remain youthful always.. =)

Well.. here's a brief outlook of the party yesterday!

There were some last minute changes in the dinner plans.. was supposed to be a group of 8 initially, then 7, then 6, then 4 in the end.. was a bit disappointed actually, becos I have spend so much pain/time to organise, and only 4 turned up.. oh well..
Sometimes when you see such a small crowd, you get discouraged.. haix..

** Photo on right: One of the better shots of the Fireworks @ Marina Bay that I've took for the nite!

Moving along, when its time for us to proceed over to the planned place to watch the fireworks (which is the place we had last yr, The Fullerton Waterboat House, low and behold, we know that there was a cover charge of $50, which includes 2 drinks..).. we were indeed shocked! Last yr, there was no charge!! Oh man..

Then we moved from place to place just to get a good spot (from Esplanade bridge to Clarke Quay area, but ultimately, still back at Esplanade bridge!)..

There was a lot of ppl actually (esp. foreign workers!), and when the fireworks started, everyone was whipping out their camera to take photos..
Of course, I was only armed with my handy Canon Ixus 60, and used both night mode and fireworks mode to take the photos..
One of the better ones, I have upload in this blogpost of mine.. The rest if you want to see, its at my Facebook account!!

Oh.. forgot to mention.. I change this blogpost design to give it a refreshing look.. instead of the normal black one, I gave it a refreshing change, white (one of my favourite colour).. haha.. (Also the colour of my Macbook).. haha..

Ok.. gtg and buy dinner from Chomp Chomp, Serangoon Gardens.. oh man.. my Hokkien Mee is to die for, and I'm craving for it right now! Yummy~

A year of new beginnings,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: