"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Camp "Transform!" - The Aftermath!

Yoz peepz! I know I have not been blogging, due to business in schedule.. so hope you all forgive me ya =)

Anyway, came back from Youth Camp 2008 yesterday, and being the chairman of this camp, I actually sacrifice a few stuff which is close to my heart, and that is the annual StanChart Marathon.. I have always wanted to join this marathon and now that I have the chance (its FREE somemore), I cldn't go due to me being the Chairman for the camp.. so ya..

** Photo on left: Youths @ Camp "Transform!"

But I'm glad that I did attend the camp.. its something different this year, being the youth camp being held at quite an ulu area, the MOE Adventure Centre @ Dairy Farm. Being only having 17 campers this year, its like a small close knitted family being together, spending time with each other, and more importantly, with God Himself!

Believe it or not.. after the camp, it was back to civilisation and I had quite a hard time to do so, due to the previous 3 days were being surrounded by greenery and tranquilness, so suddenly you see so many cars, people, I was taken aback!

** Photo on right: Campers posing for a photo @ Bukit Timah Hill Summit !!

Anyway, during the Camp, I led the group to hike the Bukit Timah Hill and I'm glad that the campers themselves drew Spiritual lessons from the hike.. One lesson which is still vivid in my memory is that, its very easy to go down the slippery road, but when we are to go up the hill, it is really difficult; and its the same with our spiritual life: going down the "bad" path is very easy, but clinging on to what is good and direct yourself in a Godly manner, is really difficult and you will face challenges, but ultimately, you will still get to the top if you do not give up.. so ya.. quite a lesson huh..

** Photo on left: Christopher Chan, the Camp Speaker !!

The speaker for the camp is also very good.. being an Ace student from ACJC and ultimately, a top student in NUS Engineering in Yr 1, but God called him into full time ministry and he obeyed, and he has not regretted till since.. and when I heard of this story, I was very inspired, and really was amazed of how God really took care of this guy (in terms of finances, family life, etc), so indeed God never short-changed us! Amen!!
Oh well.. different ppl have different experiences of how God works in them! so what is yours? *go figure*

Talent nite was also different this year.. it was actually a musical done up by some of my committee members.. cool huh!! Its really different.. and its been recorded on a digital camera, and of course, I will edit the video and then show it to church.. so this would mean becos I'm on leave today, I will spend most of today to finish up whatever that needs to be done! So ya..

So ya.. I'm charged up both spiritually and physically.. so its back to work tomorrow, but don't think I will have the mood because Saturday is my Company's annual dinner & dance!.. so ya.. lotsa prizes to be won.. and of course, I'm hoping for the top prize of a Fujitsu Laptop or at least a SAMSUNG 32" LCD TV with the home theatre system.. so let's see whether I'm able to do so loh.. haha..

Ok.. can't update further.. need to start editing liaox, or else tonight I really don't need to sleep liaox loh.. =)

Transform-ed,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: