"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Economic woes..

Well.. globally, everything in the world is rising, except our salaries.. haix..

But then again, here's a little stuff to perk you up, and may sometimes bring some shock to ya..

1. Lee Hom is one of the new ambassadors for BRANDS'!


Well, I'm not telling you how I know this, but check the following Youtube video out!
Wang Lee Hom has become one of the ambassador for BRANDS'. Surprising? At least to me =)

2. The Taiwanese Government encouraging Taiwan citizens to spend!


Despite the Chen Shuibian's saga in Taiwan, the Taiwanese Government is doing this (read article above) to help the Taiwanese people to spend..
(Haix.. why don't the Singapore Government do this as well?)

3. COE (Cars <1,600 cc)drops to an all-time low of $2!



This is unbelivable!! $2 for a COE? (read article above).
As my colleagues had said, this is even cheaper than chicken rice.. haix..
(But then again, if I remembered correctly, my house neighbourhood sells chicken rice at $1.50/plate, but then again, portions are amazingly tiny and if I were to eat it, I don't know where to place it in my stomach =P).

This could only means people are tightening their pockets and not willing to spend.. If only these were good times.. haix..

4. Shell petrol drops another 5 cents!

Well.. Not too sure whether you readers realised yesterday, but I certainly did! Shell petrol dropped another 5 cents, and the charges are estimated to be as follows:

Formula 95: $1.55/litre after disc.(down from the previous of $1.60/litre after disc.)
Formula 98: $1.62/litre after disc.(down from the previous of $1.67/litre after disc.)

Not that I'm driving, but guess it must be good news for those who are driving.. but then again, food prices are going up, so it somewhat balances out!

5. Budget brought forward!

Now that the Government of Singapore is bringing forward the Budget from February 2009 to January 2009, and businesses would be the first one to be considered in their agenda, what would you like the Government to change in the lives of us, consumers, and typically Singaporeans?

** By the way, if you have not realise, electricity tariffs is coming down! Read the same article here lah (if you have not done so!)

Anyway, for me, I have a few requests, and let's see whether the "jeng hu" (Hokkien for Government) will buy this or not?

- Lower the GST from the current 7% to maybe 3% or 5%?
- More cash payouts.
- Govt. to support company, so no pay cuts and higher salary increments.

What do you wish to have the Government do for you? Discuss (in my tagboard that is!)..
(Wah! Machiam like 'A' Level General Paper hor! haha..) =P

I only need Vitamin M,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: