"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, July 20, 2008

The durian feast!!

Its a Sunday.. and yes.. I'm blogging my last day of the weekend.. haix.. =(.. but I had a very nice day today.. read along =)

** Photo on left: Tjow's son, Ezekiel! So cute rite =)

Morning woke up, supposed to jog.. but weather in the end very cooling.. so though I slept like 0100 hrs this morning, I woke up at 0645 hrs, thinking that I should jog becos getting fatter and also its my weekly jog.. However, I slept in and think that I should give myself another 5 mins of sleep.. but it turned out to be like 1 hour! So by the time I see the clock, it was 0740 hrs.. so my policy is once the clock hits 0700 hrs, I won't run anymore becos it would be too hot and I didn't want to have heatstroke.. Then I tot I just sleep in for another 15 mins, but then it turned out again to be another hour.. and hence, I actually woke up like at 0840 hrs.. ha.. then can't sleep liaox.. =)


Then wake up, do some of my church stuff, and then bathe and off I went to Tjow's house, for her daughter's birthday party.. so there I left.. and was at Tjow's house having a late lunch.. The spread of food was simple but yet nice..

Tjow made lasagne (it was good!), and he made 2 trays.. one of which was crispy but burnt.. so I named that lasagne, the "CARCINOGENIC LASAGNE"!! And Tjow himself ate 3 pcs of it somemore.. my goodness.. (btw, Tjow wanted me to say this part abt his lasagne.. I didn't want to embarass him.. but oh well.. =P)

** Photo on right: The durian feast I had with Christina! The picture explains it all! =)

After the usual kid's birthday cake-cutting "ceremony" (hahax..), Christina and I proceed to GV Plaza to watch "The Dark Knight", which we were very glad we pre-booked the tickets (as the cinema was totally packed!), and hence, we got good seats! =)
The show I must say is if you are really interested in seeing Heath Ledger acting his last role as "The Joker", you should go and watch.. its worth EVERY single cent.. however, if you are NOT a Batman fan or want to desparately see how Heath Ledger act his role, then don't bother to watch, becos the story plot is simple and the action parts of the movie is only the front and end.. the middle is lots of talking.. I almost fell asleep at some parts of the movie (particularly in the middle part!).. so ya.. tats my verdict lah.. =)

After the show, went to Bugis street to have durian (which was our dinner-cum-supper).. and it was good!

It was the "Mountain King" kind (in Chinese, they call it, 猫山王).. its usually sold at about $15-$18 per kilogram, but due to bumper harvest, they are selling it at $10 per kilogram.. so ya.. If you like those durian flesh solid yellow one, and then those bitter-sweet kind, go for this.. Its very good! =)

I even ta-pow 2 durians home for my family.. but it doesn't come cheap.. $41 ok!! so ya.. but for my family, ok lah.. =) just hope they were just as bitter! =)

Ok lah.. gtg and sleep liaox.. long day tml.. betcha tml I confirm have Monday blues one.. haix..

Durian, durian, I love you,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: