"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, June 05, 2008

The lunch affair!

** Photo on left: My eat-in lunch (called ka-pow bought at NUS PGP & my Watermelon-Orange freshly squeeze fruit juice!) today at office!

Today's lunch was eat-in again! My 3rd lunch food pack from NUS PGP this week.. I have been buying from NUS PGP (and ONLY the Thai Muslim store which fry the ka-pow which you see on the left!) like on Monday, Tuesday and today! Yesterday was at NUS PGP, but at different food court.. the reason why I keep going back there? Not many lunch kakkis.. and again, the happy one.. if the happy one is not here, then my lunch wld be eat-in or NUS PGP.. not that I'm complaining though!
(Btw, I've learnt to eat this ka-pow dish when I was in Thailand during 2004 for mission trip!.. so ya.. now you koe why I was so attached to this dish?) =)

Today I went back to the NUS PGP Thai Muslim store, and when I go back there, both aunties in the store see me so happy, and machiam like old friend.. hahax.. just on Tuesday, she thanked me for patrionising at her stall.. so I think I went back today, she felt happy.. and its like now I'm a regular of her stall liaox!.. I go there, and shout "Aunty" with my megawatt smile, and then they both like greeted me like old friends.. hahax.. then I told them wat I wanted (which I tried almost everything there liaox, and decides tat their ka-pow was the best!), then last time, I order the ka-pow with chicken wing and hence, instead of $3.50 for the ka-pow set, I paid a dollar more for my chicken wing..
Today I go back, the aunty automatically ask me whether I want to add chicken wing.. I actually didnt want to becos very hard to lose 3kg leh, then now eat chicken wing, machiam like I'm going to die liaox lah! But I cldn't reject the aunty becos she like ask me so earnest and sincere, so I oblige in the end lah..
Then I got the shock of my life.. she said she give me discount, $0.50.. by right the ka-pow set + my chicken wing shld cost me $4.50, but becos I was her regular customer, she only charge me $4.00! So good right! =)..

Then after which, went to my office canteen and bought a cup of fruit juice.. I always drink the same combination: Watermelon & Orange! =).. so ya.. tat costs me another $2..

Though my lunch is expensive, but its worth it lah! Yummy.. thinking of my ka-pow, I'm drooling again lah!

** Photo on right: My new form of entertainment! Starhub Cable TV! I'm lovin it!

Today I got a call from Starhub Cable TV Sales Consultant, becos a few days ago, I made an enquiry about their new package (the lifestyle basic group + the various basic upsize package!).. and guess wat.. I actually upgraded my package and man.. I got lotsa channels on my TV now.. even my family is enjoying it, esp. my mum! Ha.. So here is a breakdown of all the channels (both new and old) that I have on my screens now:

Education Basic Group
• Animal Planet
• Discovery Channel
• Discovery Travel and Living
• National Geographic Channel
• The History Channel
• Crime & Investigation Network
• Discovery Science
• NAT GEO ADVENTURE
• National Geographic Wild

Entertainment Basic Group
• AXN
• Hallmark Channel
• MTV S.E.A.
• STAR WORLD
• Animax
• AXN Beyond
• Channel [V] International
• FOXCRIME
• SCI FI
• Universal Channel

Kids Basic Group
• Cartoon Network
• Disney Channel
• Nickelodeon
• Playhouse Disney
• Boomerang

Lifestyle Basic Group
• Asian Food Channel
• Discovery Home & Health
• Discovery Real Time
• E! Entertainment
• The Biography Channel
• FX
• MGM
• Turner Classic Movies

Asian Add-On Group
• STAR MOVIES CHINESE
• TVBJ
• VV Drama / VV Drama (+3)

Premium Add-On Group
• HBO

Looks impressive? Certainly it is ah.. 36 channels leh! =).. All these for a cost of $68.48 (after GST). Well, you all may think it maybe a cost to pay, but to keep my mum happy and at least she gets the tally to unwind becos she is a full-time housewife.. so ya.. so at least it keeps my mum happy, ok loh!

Other than that, nothing much to blog.. just excited becos church camp is drawing nearer and tml is the weekend.. Yippie! =)

Ka-pow and Cable TV I like..,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: