"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, February 04, 2008

The last weekend before CNY!

Hey ppl.. I have been blogging weekly, and I'm quite sure that you all are looking forward for my blogpost rite.. haha.. ok.. I koe I bhb, but wat to do? This is NOT the first time you've have known me rite.. =)

Anyway, work was all rite the past week.. Tiring as usual, but I'm so glad that I managed to go cell group again without much distractions... =).. I could only thank God for it =)

Well.. my weekends were exciting.. It was eating and shopping.. How I wish this could happen every week.. So anyway, this post would be one that should have more pictures than words huh.. so I shall let the photos do the talking instead..

On Saturday, our dear Christina has organised an Japanese Ala-Carte buffet at Miramar Hotel (the ppl who went were Ryan, Cat, Carlise, Christina and myself).. It was really the FIRST time in my life eating so MUCH sashimi in my life.. So if you really like sashimi, then you should not give this place a miss! Its Ikio Japanese Restaurant in Miramar Hotel.. but don't expect the place to be much of a fanfare kind of thing, becos the place its really quite small and old.. so ya.. But if you were to ask me to choose between Kuishinbo and this Ikio Japanese Restaurant, I would still go for Kuishinbo, becos its slightly more value for money.. the range is more and there's dessert.. so ya.. after the taxes at Kuishinbo, you pay about $50 per pax, whereas for this Ikio Japanese Restaurant @ Miramar Hotel, you pay about $39 after the taxes.. so ya..
After which, Christina, Carlise & I went under my recommendation for Rochor Beancurd at Selegie.. it was good.. =).. becos we all had a craving for dessert! =)
Anyway, the following are the photos of the food.. I shall let them do the talking! =)


The Japanese Porridge! Not kidding.. that's what they call it!


The grilled cocktail with bacon roll!


The Sashimis: Salmon, Swordfish, Cuttlefish & Octopus!


The deep-fried tofu! (Forgot the Jap name liaox)


Christina & her Mekajiki sashimi! This is the smile that she has shown for being overjoyed becos she has been craving for mekajiki sashimi (swordfish) for the longest time!


Another look at the Salmon & Swordfish sashimi!


Our appetizer: Salmon sashimi with teriyaki sauce!

Then after which came home, and slept for the nite.. satisfied... becos we like had a great meal complete with dessert! =).. Its simple pleasures like these which make me happy! =)

Then it was Sunday.. and I woke up bright and early to follow my family to Vivocity to let our family's dog hair be groomed.. Apparently, we were hoping that the award-winning groomer was going to cut her hair, and thank God, it did! And she looked so good, but she looked like a male dog.. but oh well.. she looked cute! =)

Of course, the grooming process took 2 hours, and we of course did not wait for 2 hrs.. so instead, we went to shop first.. and me being having a shopping agenda in mind (ie, to buy a blazer coat for myself for my cousin's wedding dinner on 24 Feb 08), I went to search for one.. and man.. the choices are many too few! I was spoiled for choice, but of course, the first one which I saw (btw, its in Zara) and I fell in love with it, but its quite pricey.. $189 to be exact (what do you expect from Zara rite)!

Then thinking its a bit expensive, I went to Espirit to see.. but guess what! Nothing compared to the one I saw at Zara.. so there I went back and with a heavy but yet happy heart, I whipped out my Citibank credit card and paid for it.. I wonder how much OT I must do to get back the amount.. haix.. But I should be happy lah, becos I've bought what I wanted! =)


The $189 blazer coat from Zara!

Of course, I didnt only buy the coat (as above!).. I bought 2 CDs as well.. One is the Mediacorp CNY 2008 CD Compilation, and the other is an oldies jazz CD bought from That CD Shop (its their in-house collection, and it costs me $29.90 just for that disc, but the packaging is real nice lahx!.. and the songs are really nice.. if you like Chinese oldies, you should get it!)


The CDs.. Mediacorp CNY 2008 Compilation, and The Night Queen, Shang Kuan Ping "High Society" CD.

Well ya.. Now I can't wait for CNY to come.. apparently, I have no mood to go to work liaox.. even when I'm at work, I just wish it could come earlier.. so ya..

But first things first, I need to revise/study some of my poly stuff becos of some reason which I cannot say.. Once its over and if its successful, I would then blog and tell you all ya..
Of course, my close friends around me sure know what I'm talking abt! So ya.. becos I told them liaox.. but you must koe.. its ONLY selected! So if I told you, then you should be privileged becos you are considered my close friend mah =)

Ok lah.. Other than that, I don't think I have the strength to blog further.. becos was drained quite physically at work today, becos its like I got up at 0530 hrs to go to work, so that I would be able to reach office at 0700 hrs and leave office.. so ya..

Ok lah.. I gtg and stufy liaox! =).. Thanks for reading my blog ya.. I think the next blogpost would be the CNY season loh! =)

Happy CNY 2008!,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: