"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year 2008!

What a way to end the year with a bang.. of course, with my Youths @ Church! I think of all the histories of the countdown, this should be the biggest crowd.. so ya.. I had a great time ppl! Thanks ya..

And in appreciation to all who have faithfully read my blog for the past year, here is my first post of the year!.. so ya.. enjoy ya!..
(Again, this would be a very picture-filled blogpost, so no worries ya!)

** Photo on left: GenJosh Youths having their last dinner of the year together @ NYDC, Suntec!

Yesterday was like a rush at work, and thank God everything went on smoothly..

My boss actually wanted me to work overtime today (1/1/08), because there is apparently somemore painting work to be done in office, and he like dun want to come, and he wants us to go to office to supervise.. so ya..

Then he like came to find me first to ask me whether I can come to work today (1/1/08), but I told him that cannot, becos I would go countdown the nite before and therefore, wld not be able to do so..
So he was like ok.. then approached my other 2 colleagues, and they also said they not free.. so I guess that in the end, he have to come himself..

He very extra one I tell you.. I don't think in the whole life, actually someone painted the pipes.. so ya.. and see what he has land himself in.. Too bad if he has to go back.. serves him rite.. so extra for what? The auditors are also not going to see the pipes whether clean or not.. so high, where they bother to see? haix..

** Photo on right: Raina & Natasha looking sweet together..

Anyway, production was all rite and finished at about 4pm.. I quickly checked the records and by 5pm, I was out of the office and rushed home to bathe and change, and get ready to meet the Youths @ City Hall MRT.. so ya..

Waited for a while for the ppl to arrive then we go in batches.. so ya..



** Video above: This is me being caught unaware of feeding Josh.. I was feeling high, probably on the nuts that I ate the whole nite! So ya.. all "thanks" to Mok who videoed this down, and I have to show it to the whole world.. because this is so funny lah!

** Photo on left: The couple (Mok & Esther) posing some "shuai qi" pose!

When we went there, thank God that the place was not very crowded, and kudos to Nat that he actually had managed to find seats for all of us!

Then we ordered our food.. I was feeling hungry, so I ordered a LOT.. a farmboy salad (to share of course..), a meatball spaghetti (whose meatballs are not as good as Ikea's! IKEA meatball rocks lah!), and of course a grandma goes nuts mudpie (which is not as good as I had the last time!)..

** Photo on right: The boys (Josh & me) with an injured right cheek side! Totally unglam!

Of course, with such an occasion, how can we not cam-whore? hahax.. but of course, not myself.. so ya.. Natasha was like asking me whether I brought my camera, and I answered her yes... and she told me wat ya koe..

"Abriel, why do you bring a camera and not take it out? Then like that might as why not bring your camera out!.." I was like ok.. you win liaox lohx..

So now you koe why I said Natasha was the ultimate cam-whore queen?

** Photo on left: Christina showing off her wine glass to her world, and Rachel gave that million dollar grin..

After dinner, we proceeded to the Esplanade bridge (apparently they closed the road, so walking was a breeze, unlike last year! This year I tell you, the control of human traffic and the congestion was much better than the last, as it was because they have opened up new roads and there seems to be more exits this time round..
So kudos to the organisers of this Marina Bay Countdown as well as Cisco! =)

** Photo on right: I machiam like the host of some party and Josh happens to be my photo-mate! =)

Then a group of us wanted to go to the Fullerton Hotel toilet to "pee with class".. but unfortunately, the hotel was closed for some function, so we cldn't pee with class.. and then the queue for the female toilet at One Fullerton was like super long (its like the yearly multi-million draw crowd.. im serious).. but thankfully, the guys' toilet was not queuing at all.. hahax..

** Photo on left: The thorn (Sebestian) among the roses (Raina & Natasha)

A call then came to me (whilst I was peeing) from PK (yes PK, you choose the rite moment huh!), and he asked where was my current location.. I told him, and he said he found a nice place to view the fireworks and chill with class as well as also not "fighting with the crowd"..
He was actually referring to "The Fullerton Waterboat House".

** Photo on right: The last group photo taken @ The Fullerton Waterboat House before ushering in the new year!

Of course all these sounded good, and we decided to go, but never we did expect that it would be a nice place and there was quite a "price" to pay, and that is we have to order drinks (and they said everyone had to order a drink).. so we did lah, becos its the last day of the year, and we were already there..

Those that were of drinking age, we shared a bottle of white wine, and whilst those who were underage, had soft drinks.. but it doesn't matter, as in we don't mind paying, becos we are all in a jolly good mood!

** Photo on left: Cheers mate! (Ashley & me)

Of course, with a wine glass in my hand, its really a good photo-taking opportunity! And so becos' I'm of those wine fanatics and I like to cam-whore, so of course, my camera had me the most! Its my camera after-all mahx..!

And it feels really great just to be at The Fullerton Waterfront House, becos' its like really cooling and you dun need to rush and all.. so ya..

In fact, plans are already underway to book a hotel room for Countdown 2009.. so ya.. we will see whether that would be fulfilled lahx!

** Photo on right: The guys (Nat, Ash, PK, Sebestian, Jon & myself) saying bye to 2007 and HI to 2008!!

Then as midnight draws nearer, the crowd cheers louder everywhere, and soon the clock strike midnight, and the fireworks just burst into a beautiful sight, and its like again, I was quite overwhelmed with emotions becos its like 2007 is more or less a rough year for me, and a start to a new one (2008) which I certainly hope that it would be a good one!

With resolutions like hoping to have a car by end 2008, it would be a tough goal to achieve, but I certainly hope that this dream would mine would become a reality!

** Photo on left: The photo that I'm so impressed with myself!! I took this shot myself (with the fireworks mode of course!)

So becos we had seats at The Fullerton Waterfront House, we actually sat there until like 0100, where the crowd almost subsided, and then we make our separate ways to Raffles Place MRT.. so ya..

This had got to be the most miraculous year where I actually took MRT home from countdowns.. the past yrs were always cab.. so ya.. saved quite a lot on transport actually! =)

Then reached home at abt 0200 hrs, and then, I bathe and do QT, and by 0300 hrs, I was asleep already! slept all the way till 0945 hrs, woke up and then ate brunch, and then started blogging till now lahx..

So ya.. this ends my blog for the first blogpost of year 2008! So ya..

Blessed 2008 and have a great year ahead filled with love, joy and peace! Ciaoz~

The high-classed one,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: