"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, December 30, 2007

The long-awaited photocard licence!

Yes.. after weeks of waiting, I've received my photocard licence on Fri (27/12). When my mum called me, my day was like brightened up lahx.. hahax..
Work suddenly seemed not tiring at all.. hahax.. the power of my licence..

But you koe wat this means? This means that my hands are so itchy that I want to own a car of my own..

Have been looking around, and enquiry about the price.. and after much consideration, my aim is to get a car by end 2008. Let's see whether I can save this much lohx.. so I guess my personal expenditure has to be real cut down to the max.. but of course, I would not cut my own expenditure until I die of hunger or something.. Its just that probably I would do lesser shopping.. so ya..

And you all must be wondering what kind of car I'm considering to buy.. ha.. definately NOT a luxury car.. so ya.. Its either a Toyota Vios 1.5E Manual, or a Mitsubishi Lancer GRX 1.6 Manual.. so ya..

People has been advising me to take a manual car, so that it is a little easier on my pocket, in terms of petrol.. so ya..

But then again, I have to save enough money, so that I don't need to take so much loan from bank, or else, jialat..

A lot of ppl (namely, Tjow, Carlise & my brother, Sidney) have been advising me not to rush into buying a car becos its a long-term liability, so tat's why I'm like heeding their advice.. but by end 2008, I should have save enuf to sustain a car of my own.. By then, I would think I would forget my main skills (becos never drive for long mahx, so may not be able to remember the skills.. so may have to go for refresher course.. unless someone is so kind to let me drive their car as and when I meet the person.. *hint hint*.. you koe who you are! =P)..

Yesterday felt super tired at church.. I dun koe why.. so didnt join the Youths at prata supper after church.. so ya..

Yesterday was also Xinyi and Xiuhua's baptism at church.. Its amazing that such a small space can do such a baptism in church.. way to go man! hahax.. but after they were baptised and sang, "Shine Jesus Shine", its like I'm suddenly felt overwhelmed with emotions and almost wanted to tear but didn't.. I dun koe why.. I think I was overjoyed for both of them ba! =)

Other than that, I don't think I have anything else to blog about.. except that the CNY festival is drawing nearer, and this means I will have a somewhat a slight makeover.. I will dye my hair this time again (yes, its a yearly affair!), as well as buying some CNY new clothes.. Have already budgetted for this already, so no problem! =)

So I guess it would be a shopping mth for me as well, for both food and clothes!

So later I would be going down to Suntec City to make FULL payment for my family's CNY reunion dinner at Pearl River Palace Restaurant.. its really expensive manx.. but becos this is a yearly thing and its moreover my family, so that's why I decided to give them a treat.. so ya..
Anyway, this is the menu that we are having for CNY dinner..

Yu Sheng with Norwegian Salmon and Gold Foil
Roasted Suckling Pig Combination
Braised Shark’s Fin with Crabmeat and Roe
Sautéed Prawns with Walnut served in Golden Nest
Baked Cod Fish with Wasabi-Mayo Sauce
Braised Ee-Fu Noodles with Enoki Mushrooms and Abalone Sauce
Glutinous Rice Dumpling served in Red Bean Cream

Looks good, which also explains the hefty price that I have to pay for this CNY menu.. will not divulge the menu price, but all I can say is that its really expensive.. so ya..

Ok lah.. gtg and do other stuff liaox..

The car-owner wannabe,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: