"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A qualified driver!

Yes ppl! I have acquired my Class 3 driving licence, after like months of preparation.. It all started this year in February 2007.. and its Sunday lessons after Sundays..

So you know what this means? I can either choose to wake up late on Sundays, or pick up my Sunday jogging routine again, but I tell you.. jogging takes much effort to do so..

Anyway, here's my account of today..

This morning woke up at 0630 hrs, and then ate my breakfast, and whilst I was eating, I was praying fervently..

Then I reached the driving centre at like almost late.. Then I saw my car no, 196.. it was a familiar no.. I tot it was just some car which I have driven b4, but never did I expect to see one of my favourite instructors.. in fact, last time I even asked him whether he could take me for driving, but he said he don't work on Sundays (which I usually only do my lessons on Sundays)..

Then I got on the car, and when I told him my test was abt 2-3 hrs later, he was shocked initially, but he did clear most of my doubts, and brought me to 2 test routes.. I remembered all that he told me..

Then came the warm-up session.. it was a session which I had waited for about 30 mins to happen.. During that session, there was again some form of revision..

Then the moment came.. I went into this room where there was a short briefing conducted for all the candidates, and we are supposed to ballot for another candidate's group.. and I dun koe whether is it unfortunate of me, to actually kenna the first person to be chosen..

I knew my test route and I actually went to the noticebaord to see which is the route that I'm taking, and then suddenly I cldn't believe my eyes! I saw that my actual test route was actually one of the 2 test routes which I have practiced earlier in the day.. I took a closer look and still can't believe my eyes! Indeed God has all pre-planned for me..

With that, I prayed again and thanking Him that this is probably the test that he wanted me to pass.. I trusted in Him..

And then though I was the first who got chosen for the test route, but I was the LAST one to leave the examination room.. Apparently, the tester explained to me why he was late.. so ya.. And judging by how friendly is he, I could almost smell victory!

But all that could be just a show.. I can't be excited too much.. but along the way, he actually pointed out to me that I should do this and that and not wat I did..

And the surprising thing is that my parellel and vertical parking is near perfect.. this is one of those very few times which I actually manage to do so.. so ya.. And when I was on the slope, I did NOT even shiver an inch! It was perfect! In fact during the whole test, I was feeling at peace.. not even a single sense of anxiousness!

What he told me is all very minor.. but judging by how much he "guided" me or "telling me off", I think its enough to fail.. but then when I followed him to the tester room, he was like telling me that I shld not do this and that, and then he told me how to remedy it..

Then I was like listening, "ok lah".. then he said, "Your driving is actually ok, but its just that your safety check is a bit late".. so ya.. so I tot that's it.. he is gonna tell me try again next time..
But never did I expect to see that he actually say, "ok.. I passed you".. I tell you.. that was the happiest moment of my life, and I was like thanking God manx! I just can't thank Him enough! To God be ALL glory! =)

Then called my parents, and well-wishers sent their congrats after I told them the good news.. so ya..

But I went without food since 0800 hrs until like 1600 hrs.. becos I actually waited for my licence to be processed for 2 SOLID hours! Its long I tell you.. but its all worth it.. =)

Then came home and started blogging this post liaox! I tell you.. this licence has got to be my best Christmas present ever! =).. so ya.. I'm really over the moon liaox! lalalala..

Anyway, below are some of the stuff to mention b4 I ended this blogpost of mine.. so ya.. Enjoy ya!

Mistakes made during my driving test:

(a) Moving Off - Insufficient Acceleration (2 points)
(b) Forward Driving - Fail to use appropriate gear (4 points)
(c) Junction - Improper turning (Incorrect Lane - 4 points)
(d) Safety Check - Fail to check blind spot (4 points)
(e) Safety Check - Fail to look out for traffic (Junction - 4 points)

SCORE: 18 demerit points.
RESULT: Passed

4 days to my annual Church Youth Camp (16/12 - 19/12).
8 days to my highly-anticipated Bintan trip (20/12 - 23/12).
12 days to my Christmas Eve cum mum's birthday dinner at Raffles The Plaza Hotel (24/12).

The Season is here and my Class 3 licence is my best present yet,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: