"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, April 23, 2007

My first SAF encounter as an NSmen

Ok.. this is gonna be quite short (I hope.. becos I super shack liaox!)..

Work was ok, but as 4pm reaches, I felt very scared, becos its like I dun koe wat to expect from my IPT lesson, and how it wld be conducted and stuff..

I didnt left at 4pm sharp, becos its like there is so many things for me to settle.. but in the end, I left at 4.15pm..

Came home and had dinner.. then bathe and off I went to Khatib Camp for my IPT programme.. Go to ns.sg to find out more.. Its actually a prog from NSmen that if you attend at least 7 training sessions and take the IPPT test on the 8th session, you wld be exempted from RT (Remedial Training) in the event I failed my IPPT..

Oh.. the feeling of being an NSmen really shiok, becos its like I finally get to taste wat NSmen's power in camp.. ha.. they dun really care like ask us to keep quiet when they talk.. they treat us like members of the public.. so ya.. hahax.. so ya.. quite shiok lah.. you got to experience this and then you koe.. =)

So ya.. and there I reached there.. quite late based on the stipulated timing.. so ya.. But I was not the only late one.. hahax..

As I'm going to Khatib Camp and on the bus, I had so much memories, becos the bus which I took, actually pass by my camp, Sembawang Airbase.. so ya..

But anyway, when I reach there, I was quite shocked and taken aback, becos its like I'm like the rare few of being so young.. A lot of them were like in their mid-30's, and most of them is like you koe; the normal NSmen size (quite big size tat is).. but oh well..

Then we had a briefing by the PTI (Physical Training Instructor) abt this prog, and his first question was, "hands up those who came to this IPT prog not to escape RT".. and dun koe how true.. a few of them put up their hands.. as for me, I'm realistic; I go to IPT to escape RT.. so ya..

And today was the categorisation test to see which category of ppl we shld be in for further training.. and today, all of us did all the IPPT stations.. and I'm shocked at a few results.. Some were unbelievable (ie, slightly better than last time, which I didnt expect), but my stamina for my 2.4km run really drop tremendously, and I was like "ok.. I did not run for a long long time!".. but wats comforting is tat though my stamina is so bad, but then there is only like 5-6 ppl in front of me only when I completed the run.. so at least I think I'm in the Top 10 or sumthing.. =)..

Well.. certainly hope tat as the week passes by, my IPPT scores wld improve.. even if fail again, but it improve a little bit, I'm happy.. so ya.. so guess I have to jiayou on my fitness lohx..

Now I have ultra soft legs and tense abs muscles..

Next session is on Wednesday.. hope I can perform better nxt time round..

Ok.. gtg and sleep liaox.. super shacked and tired..

A tired soul,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: