"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, July 30, 2006

We've Made It!!

This is another post from me lah, after like 3 days of not blogging.. so here it is.. my update for each day:

Friday (28/07/06)

Today bk in camp feeling shacked becos after yesterday nite's posting on blogger, it was already 0200.. Woke up this morning at 0530 and then I was feeling so shacked tat I tot of not going back to camp la.. but oh well.. Today never take off so have to go back loh!

When reach camp, we went down to take down Parade state and then saw Sidney.. said "hi" and he told me tat RSM gave him a RSAF GOH t-shirt.. he seemed happy.. =). but anyway, guess anyone (who is not in GOH) wld be happy to receive a GOH tshirt becos its nice mah =)..

After tat, boon sen and me went to eat breakfast before we sleep the afternoon away becos in the evening got base run and the organising sqn is my sqn lah..

At abt 1300, I receive a call frm my sgt tat my bunk pppl and 2 others are involved in marshalling of traffic for the run.. The time came when its time for us to marshal traffic.. But then there was a change of weather, resulting in a CAT1 status and this cause the run to be cancelled! So ya..

So since today's run was organised by sqn, they intended a Milo van for the run.. but becos' its cancelled, in the end, it ended up in my sqn carpark and then its being consumed by us lah.. You shld have seen how the trainees drink the Milo.. Its like as if they never drank before.. But wat they didnt knew is tat if you drink too much, it wld cause you to have diarrhoea! So tats why I only limit myself to 2 cups..

Went back to bunk and then was deciding whether to bk out or not since the run was cancelled and we are allowed to bk out at 1700 on the dot.. Called home and realise tat my mym didnt cook dinner and I asked her opinion as to whether shld I go home.. She adviced me not to go home so as to save money becos dun need spend money on dinner and transport.. Come to think of it, also true la..

Oh.. speaking of which, my mum has given the NDP preview tickets to my neighbour, so at least its not wasted la.. Thank God!

Becos I had 2 cups of Milo earlier, I only had a light dinner.. didnt really enjoy dinner lah, but I was simply too full.. After the dinner, came back to bunk, bathe and watch TV.. juz wanna relax the evening away before the NDP Preview show tml! Real excited abt it! Slept at 2200! Super early rite? =)

Saturday (29/07/06)

Woke up at 0800 this morning.. and if your mathematics is good, you wld be glad to koe tat I slept for a whopping 10 hrs! Its either I'm too tired due to all the activities happening in the past wk, or simply I'm a pig! But no matter wat u think, I wld think tat sleep is still the best! =)

This post is gonna be a photos-cum-blogpost again.. due to much popularity and the comments given by ppl for my beach outing post (ya rite.. I koe.. you are wondering who are the ppl who gave me comments rite? NO ONE!.. ha.. I gave it myself.. *thick skin again!*), I have decided to give it another go.. so here it is..
(Photos are taken with my Canon Ixus 60)

Guard-Of-Honour is wat I am! To be exact, its the Republic of the Singapore Air Force (RSAF) Guard-Of-Honour!

* Photo on left: This is the crest imprinted on every GOH T-shirt! Nice rite =)

I never knew how precious are my experiences as being in GOH are, until yesterday.. becos you koe why? Air Force GOH has regained its reputation of being the best GOH again in the NDP Preview Show.. of course, there were minor glitches, but overall, no major mistakes.. every mistake tat was addressed at previous shows were all rectified at today's NDP Preview show! Everyone including the RSMs were happy and satisfied with our performance! I think my RSM has regained back his confidence liaox!

Yesterday was also the FIRST time tat I brought my camera to an NDP Show.. and man oh man.. The photos came in fast and furious..

* Photo on right: Ann Tat & me taking a self-taken photo of ourselves! Best rite? Ha.. Ann Tat and me are like close brothers.. we never fail to talk to each other at every GOH rehearsal.. and you koe wat's best? He is gonna be in RSAF Day Parade! Yeh! =) Oh.. forgot to tell you tat Ann Tat & I share the SAME Chinese surname, as well as we have been in the SAME BMT company whilst our time in Tekong! How coincident is tat rite? Now you koe why I called him my close brother? =)

You koe wat ppl? I have actually taken close to 120 pictures yesterday on my camera! Man.. am I trigger-happy or wat? =).. Oh.. the pictures are uploaded liaox.. Go to Photo Gallery > My Experience As A Soldier Boy > NDP 2006: NDP Preview Show (290706) Photos!

Then its lunch time and it was SFI! It was average only lah! Then its march and more marching! Felt very sleepy during the afternoon rehearsals.. dun koe why.. I think its becos of the weather!!

Went back to the holding area which was the Singapore Indoor Stadium after tat to rest and relax.. It was super shacked lah! Then I heard from Hern Khoon tat the Singapore Idol finalists are there.. so I decided to check them out! Oh man! This is the first time tat I saw them upclose! They look better in person than on TV! Take for example, when I saw Miltilda (I support her in SI btw!) on TV, she looks quite plump, but when I saw her upclose, she looks not as plump as I expected!

* Photo on left: Joakim, Paul Twohill & Jay of Singapore Idol fame! This is the pic which I felt very satisfied with, becos this is the only clear and upclose pic I took of them, as they were coming out of the Gents.. and I happen to be standing at the side, and then I juz whipped out my camera and snap! So ya.. clear rite =)..

The Singapore Idols were here on one mission, which I think the production crew wld like to take a video of them having a big shout-out to the participants of the NDP Preview show, and I think they wld show this short clip either on Wed/Thurs episode of Singapore Idol! So ya..

So when they came out to speak, everyone was there! And the gals were franctically cheering for the guys (esp. Joakim which is a obvious gals' favourite judging frm the loudness of their screams!) and the guys are cheering for the gals (close fight between Nurul, Rahimah, Jasmine & Miltilda) contestants! Everyone was very high! You shld have been in the Indoor Stadium! The screams were like naturally shaking the Indoor Stadium down! Ha.. And I'm not kidding lah! =)

And I actually took a video of them coming out.. but then, wasted.. the view of the camera when I shot the video was at a wrong angle!.. haix.. so when I want to view it on the computer, I have to tilt my head.. but its good enuf lah! =).. wasted sia! After taking the videos (becos I naturally "chase" them to certain accessible spots to take video), I feel darn hot lah! Its as if I was doing some PT! Ha.. Anyway, now I koe wat is the feeling to chase Idols! haha..

After tat, went to eat my dinner which was KFC.. not too bad, except tat I did not have appetite.. dun koe whether am I excited for the show or am I really tired and sian? but I still ate though..

Then we had to change into our No. 1 uniforms for checking by MSD personnels and also prepare to fall in for walking into National Stadium for our Parade, but before tat, we muz do uncasing of colours.. So I think altogether this falling in and stuff, takes abt 2 hrs before we actually march into the Staidum for the actual parade! How slow is tat rite!! haix..

* Photo on right: Zijing & myself with our No. 1 uniforms! Zijing is my sec sch friend.. How we met is a long story.. but wat I say is tat I didnt koe he was in GOH until we started practicing for NDP.. and frm then on, we caught up with each other.. so ya.. but I still ORD earlier than him, becos I entered NS earlier than him mah! =).. My time in GOH this yr seems to be like a time for me to catch up with old friends as well as also make new ones!!

And as mentioned earlier in this blogpost, the NDP Preview went well!! Of course, there were minor glitches like a certain row dressing out which was quite obvious, but overall, my RSM said tat it went really well! And you shld have seen our expressions.. when we march out, everyone in my GOH were like in high spirits (in a sense tat all of us were shouting the timing real loud!), becos we koe ourselves tat whatever we did last time at NE Show (ie, wrong hand wrong leg during March Past!) were being rectified, and there were no obvious mistakes which make Air Force look real bad! So ya..

But I was really disappointed with myself becos I did 2 slight mistakes; one is tat after the first hormat (the term used to salute with our rifles), when we want to go back in rusoh (the term used to move back frm hormat to sediya position) position , my rifle actually like was caught slightly in my right breast pocket, but I manage to recover fast enuf..
Another mistake is tat during the feu-de-joir, I only manage to fire 2 rounds instead of 3, becos the last round, I was not in time to cock the round and fire, so I juz did the motion! Haix.. =(.. Disappointing!

But then wats commendable is tat I dun feel the nervousness liaox.. I'm used to the crowds at NDP as well as my position liaox! And oh.. I think a few photographers took my photo at my position too! Felt real good.. ha.. =P.. I koe I have no shame, but who cares =D.. wahahaha...

It was quite funny in a sense tat I did not get any goosebumps or watery eyes during the National Anthem itself! Dun koe why! Hmm.. maybe I was too overwhelmed at the rehearsal last sat where I wore No. 4 and emote such sentimental feelings? I dun koe! Juz hope tat when on actual day, I dun break down suddenly.. haha.. =)

Ok lah.. gtg liaox.. I shall cya all when I cya all huh =).. See whether I got time to blog tonite.. if not, then it wld be tues (1/8) becos mon (31/7) I mounting duty.. sianx..

Oh.. my 4 off days has been 'jia' liaox!! Sianx.. now only become like 3 becos last minute, they change the RSAF Day rehearsal dates and my OC wants us to mount duty.. on Saturday summore! Sianx.. =(.. Dun tok abt it liaox, or else I more gei-sim (heartache in hokkien).. Cya ppl then!

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 81 DAYS to ORD!!

NDP is juz 9 days away,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: