"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Fun, fun and more fun!! =)

04 May 2006 (Sunday)

A Great Sunday!!


The day started with me like waking up at 0900, becos my mum was like waking me to tell me to get ready becos she wants my sis and me join my mum and dad church friend for lunch at Kuishinbo Japanese Buffet Restaurant at Suntec City.
So there I bathe and then my sis, mum and myself took a cab to Suntec to eat lunch loh! And there I saw Carlise and my 3 church bros (Nat, Ash & Andrew).. Man!! Its been a LOOONNGGG while since I seen my 3 church bros liaox =)..
Anyway, the spread at the buffet restaurant was quite of the power! The spread there was quite amazing! You have almost a full spread of Japanese food lahx! I had food like sashimi, prawns, crab, mussels, miso soup, meat teppanyaki, tempura, fried tofu, chicken wings, yakitori, chocolate fondue via the chocolate fountain, konniyaku jelly, chocolate moose, mango pudding, lots of free flow of drinks, sushi, etc.. Didnt really eat the full spread, becos I was too full liaox! I started like eating at abt 1200 and I only stop eating at 0215! Can u imagine how big the spread is? =).. Quite worth it lah! One adult lunch only costs $25.80++.. so ya.. have a hearty lunch!

After which, I went to Arcade with Nat, Ash & Andrew.. didnt play.. see them play.. I dun really like arcade lah, becos its like I find a bit waste of money, no doubt the thrill is there.. perhaps I'm overaged liaox..
After we are done, we agree to go to the PC Show at Suntec (its the last time tats why!).. Anyway, by the time they are done, its abt 1600 liaox, and Nat had to be home by 1700 for dinner.. so Andrew accompanied Nat home lah.. whilst Ash & me went to the PC Show! And man oh man.. the place is juz so freaking crowded lah.. and ain't I'm tempted sia! And I actually gave into temptation, and bought a digicam to replace my Powershot A400 at the Canon booth, after 10 mins of squeezing thru sardines of ppl!.. below is more explanation of it..


-Description for above photo!-
I got this camera at a budget cost of $599 at the PC Show! Moreover, I got free 2 pcs of 512mb SD Card (which I request for 1GB rather than 2pcs of 512mb), a camera cleaning kit, a camera screen protector, a original leather IXUS camera case and a USB SD card reader.. But the disadvantage is tat I can only collect the camera frm its main office (at Funan) frm Thurs (8/6) onwards, due to the shortage of stock! haix.. Going to collect it on Fri (9/6) instead, becos Thurs I got duty mahx.. sianx =(.. If you are interested in seeing the specifications of the camera, kindly go to Canon website and then go find IXUS 60.. ya? =)

Photo taken with my Nokia 6280

-Description for above photo!-
This is my latest addition in my room!! Nice rite? This is actually a mini mp3 hi-fi system.. its a cd player cum radio loh! Not bad rite? This has also a special function! Its supposed to be mounted on the wall, but then I dun want to do so, becos spoil the wall mahx.. but imagine this is on the wall! Best lah!!
If u see carefully, the middle portion where I put my CD is transparent lah, so when I play the CD, you can see the disk moving =).. and the open/close of the cd cover is upwards.. sleek design! So contemporary! Juz the way I like it! =)
The original price for this is $199, but becos its the sales period, I got it only for $179.. great buy rite? And wat's best is tat I got a further $60 off, becos I got a $60 voucher frm the Pioneer Magazine Contest, which of course I won lah! Look out for my name at the last page of the magazine in this mth's magazine (June 2006).. so ya.. so in the end, I fork out another $119 for this radio.. so ya..

Actually I wanted to buy a cheaper radio, but they dun have much range lah.. so ya.. no choice.. this is the 2nd cheapest loh!

Haix.. wat a weekend rite? I actually spend on retail therapy alone, close to $800! Man! This is the first time I spend so much money!! Gosh.. Muz now save liaox.. hope I can resist my spending this mth lah, becos its the Great Singapore Sale lah!

Anyway, when at nite whilst having dinner, my bro, Sidney, called me and told me wat he bought for his cousins and stuff.. then I told him abt the camera and radio I bought loh.. and he said good choice.. in fact, the radio I bought was once on his fave list =).. So since I got the gadget freak who actually approves my spending, then I dun feel so bad liaox loh! =).. any of this gadget thing, I need to like go with Sidney lah.. this one he koes best =).. I can always count on him for sound advice! Thanx bro =)

Then came home and setup my radio and then rearrange my table to see the standard now u have in the picture, and by the time I bathe and sleep, it is 0100 liaox.. then nxt day (mon - 05/05) need to do duty..

05 May 2006 (Monday)

Was on duty on this day! Duty was all right (I have an 8 hr sleep again! Thanx to 3SG Stanley who planned the detailing), except some minor cockups lah!.. can't really say, becos it maybe some sensitive info lah.. Hope ya understand ya =)..

Oh.. Yesterday got a call frm Mediacorp (YES! Mediacorp) and they told me tat I've won a "Hong Junyang CD Single" and told me the details of where to collect and stuff.. I was overjoyed lah! Becos I remembered tat my email for tat contest (who juz send in ur details with the correct answer they ask for tat qn) actually was like being rejected and was in my outbox (due to they told me tat it cannot be send.. dun koe why) lah! I dun koe how it got thru lah! It muz be God's grace or sumthing.. so ya.. =).. So I began to ask questions of how to get there and stuff among my friends lah.. in the end, my dad called me and told me the directions to get there by bus, becos I asked him to find out too!

06 May 2006 (Tuesday)

A Trip To Mediacorp!!

Dismount today and actually wanted to go AMK and cut hair, but then after I came out of my bunk and book out, I then realised tat I did not bring out any money.. I was cashless the whole day yesterday! Wow!!

Then I called home and ask my mum to check it out and realised tat it is in my other wallet! =) So I have no choice but to go home and go my hse there and cut hair which actually costs $1 more! =(..

So I went home and then had lunch and then went to cut my hair! Quite satisfied actually.. short and neat! =)

Then bathe, and gel my hair a bit and there, I zoomed to Mediacorp.. And wat do you koe man! I actually had my Nokia 6280 with me, in the hope of seeing some Mediacorp stars and then I wld begin clicking away! But then, haix.. too bad.. didnt see any whilst my stay in Mediacorp lah! Anyway, below is the picture journey frm the start of my Mediacorp journey! Enjoy ya.. =)

Photo taken with my Nokia 6280

-Description for above photo!-
This is where it all started! The main road.. took bus 135 to AMK Interchange and take bus 166 to this place! I was like so scared I miss the stop lah!.. so I'm franctically look carefully at the surroundings and my handy-dandy translink guide!.. so ya.. Moreover, it is drizzling slightly, so miss 1 stop is gonna be torturing becos walk too far mahx!

Photo taken with my Nokia 6280

-Description for above photo!-
This is the LOONNNGGG road to Mediacorp! Apparently, you have to walk this straight road which is abt 10-15 mins walk if its a slow pace.. so ya.. so the picture u see above is actually the start of the walk!

Photo taken with my Nokia 6280

-Description for above photo!-
This is somewhat the midway mark.. becos it seems a never-ending road.. but thank God for this Mediacorp sign, which tells me tat it is the correct path I'm taking!

Photo taken with my Nokia 6280

-Description for above photo!-
This is one house which while walking, I find it so resort-ty rite?.. and then I juz whip out my phone, and take the picture loh! Best rite =)

Photo taken with my Nokia 6280

-Description for above photo!-
This is another house which I find quite a sight! A bungalow lah! You can seldom see such houses near my place, so this is consider quite a sight liaox!

Photo taken with my Nokia 6280

-Description for above photo!-
This is another house which really took my breathe away! This is the biggest bungalow/house I've seen in Singapore! It looks really posh lah! Man! I think this house easily costs millions lah!
I then think to myself.. If I had such a big house, what will I do with it? =).. Man! I cant imagine myself to think sia! Even till now, I'm feeled with awe for this hse lah!!

Photo taken with my Nokia 6280

-Description for above photo!-
Ok.. this is the trademark icon of the Mediacorp building! Apparently, it appears to be like on the way to the lobby/reception of Mediacorp, but from the way I'm coming in, its like totally out of the way, and I am like want to take it becos I've never been to Mediacorp b4 mah.. so muz take.. (I a bit sua ku rite?) =).. but whatever! I like wat =P

Photo taken with my Nokia 6280

-Description for above photo!-
This is actually my favourite photo for the day! This pose was really hard to get lah! Becos its like everywhere ppl coming.. the cars and stuff.. and there u see me actually standing the side of the Mediacorp trademark icon and posing in front of my phone and taking photo.. machiam look like a fool! So I muz actually chose the right moment then take and snap photo.. I actually want to take another shot, but then too many cars liaox coming into Mediacorp, so therefore, I didnt want to malu myself further lah! So I quickly take and proceed to the Mediacorp reception to collect my prize..

Photo taken with my Nokia 6280

-Description for above photo!-
This is the screens of the Mediacorp reception! They have all channels lah shown on these screens! And the place was air-conditioned, so quite comfortable loh..

There was a bit of miscommunication before I collected my prize frm them lah! I went there and told them tat I came here under one of their receptionist's instructions to collect my Hong Junyang Single CD.. and this indian staff which served me dun koe what I'm talking abt! She asked me abt which dept and who called me! Like tat how I remember off hand? Moreover, I dun have my camp phone with me, so therefore, I cant remember the no. off hand! Anyway, I called home to ask my mum to change SIM card and check.. and in the end, after checking, the no. was not there..

So I went back to the counter and told her I cant find the no.. then luckily, I wrote down the details of wat the receptionist who called me told me.. and my main title was "Won Junyang CD".. and then when another receptionist sees it (this time, its a malay staff! She actually pronounce Junyang as June-yong.. I dun mean to laugh but whatever.. at least she managed to koe wat I'm talking abt and she apologised for the miscommunication lah! I muz say she's clever! =).. and also partly due to my writing of the title la =P..

Photo taken with my Nokia 6280

-Description for above photo!-
This is my prize.. a Hong Junyang CD Single (Sha Sha De Shui) with his autograph of his name! How cool is tat rite =).. Mind you hor.. this is ORIGINAL! I did not fake it hor! He really signed it, though I did not see it, but I seen his signature before, and its exactly the same.. so ya.. so happy =)


Photo taken with my Nokia 6280

-Description for above photo!-
If you see this photo carefully, you wld have realised tat I have droplets of water on my forehead! This is becos after I collected the CD, it was raining quite heavily, and I did not have an umbrella with me, therefore, I walk out juz like tat without any shelter lah! And I can safely say I was abt 50% wet liaox.. and when I reach the bus-stop, I cleaned off the water on my body, and at the same time, watch out for bus to go home! And since I nothing to do, I take photo loh! So ya..

Then bus 156 came instead of bus 166.. so I took bus 156 and then change to bus 135 at AMK industrial area, becos it was raining, or else I have to walk quite a distance! At least if I take bus 135, it wld stop in front of my house.. so ya..

This ends my Mediacorp journey! Interesting isn't it...

Oh.. then after which, I start to blog until now loh.. I think I spend like close to 2 hrs on this blogpost liaox, becos the photos u see here dun seem to cooperate.. they dun seem to upload properly.. so ya.. After abt 30 mins, finally solve the problem lah!

Juz then, my bro, Sidney, felt sianx and he called me and we chatted a bit.. muz entertain him mahx.. not nice for me to say I busy loh, and then put down the phone.. see.. I so good friend rite =).. anyway, we are good friends lah, so I dun really mind =)

Then after talking, its back to my blog.. and ya.. have blog for quite long liaox.. need to like go off liaox becos bkin in later for SAF rehearsal tml.. sianx! =(

Goodbye peepz.. Shall cya tml on cyberspace.. Take care..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 134 DAYS to ORD!!

Tanned more again tml,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: