"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Updates

Sunday (16/4/2006)

Well as usual, was late meeting Nat & Andrew @ Somerset MRT. Man.. I need to be punctual next time =)..
Anyway, I was super hungry at first so I bought some fishballs and sotong head from Old Chang Kee. Then MRT came.. so can't eat.. At Somerset MRT when I met them, I felt bad, so I offered them. Andrew didnt want.. Then I offered Nat.. Andrew then interupted and said: "he can't eat!".. I then replied "oh ya".. Nat then said: " fishball not fried!".. I was like WTH! haha.. Super funny guy!! Of course, he ate a fishball lah! I not tat bad wat! =)

Then they gave me a nickname called, "A-blur", all becos I tot Nat's mum office (which is in Newton) is at Somerset! Man! How blur can I be rite =)

Lunch at my pastor's hse (whose wife is the NEW NKF CEO!) was quite ok.. too healthy for my liking.. ha.. but I like the chicken and the tofu salad though! =).. The tofu salad made by my pastor's wife was fantastic! As usual, Nat & Andrew didnt eat any becos they hated veges.. haix.. wat a pity!

After the lunch, Ash, Andrew, Nat & me went to PS to watch "Firewall".. All thanx to me, I booked online for the tickets, juz in case.. so ya.. not too bad a show.. agree tat the show was a bit slow paced, but glad tat there was an ending to the show! Unlike some shows which you have to guess the ending yourself, this has quite a cliche ending.. but ya.. not too bad I suppose! If you are fan of Harrison Ford, you shld watch this, becos his acting in this show is quite good! =)

Met Tjow @ Funan for dinner.. Tjow actually "tua" all of us (only Nat, Andrew & myself) tat he was still at home.. when we first heard tathe was still at home, we were shocked of course lah! we wanted to play tjow back, but he was too smart to be "tua-ed" (if there was such a word!) by us!

Tjow complained he wasnt spending enuf though he had bought like a Chinese software at Challenger.. then Andrew hinted to him wat he juz told us at Challenger loh!.. Tjow caught the hint and he actually paid for our dinner at Sakae Sushi! Thanx Tjow =).. Man.. Sakae Sushi was quite a horror.. its the first time I've seen ppl eat so many plates of Salmon & Unagi sushi! I was like the only one who like stayed out of it (except to eat 1 pc of salmon sushi!).. U shld have see how Andrew gobbled his unagi sushi and tjow gobbled down his salmon sushi! Nat & I were happily enjoying our roes (the fish roe sushi tat is!).. we both are a fan of roes! *high five*

Finished dinner.. walked a bit and then I rushed home to collect my things.. had a quick bath.. and off I left hse within 30 mins of my arrival at home!

Took a cab frm AMK and I tell you.. it was a lady driver! She drive so slow lah! In the end, my cab fare was like $6.20 (the usual was abt $5.50 - $5.80)..

Went back bunk and wash up and slept for the nite! Real shacked!!

Monday (17/4/2006)

Supposed to wake up like 0600.. but becos of my alarm setting was wrong and everyone was too shacked to wake up, in the end, I was the first to wake up at 0624. At first, I saw my watch like 0624.. I thought I saw wrongly.. so I on my handphone to check.. and true enuf it was 0624. I immediately jumped off my bed and wake the rest up becos apparently, we muz like fall in at 0645 to draw our SAR21.. so muz finish breakfast by tat time.. becos the admin sgt in S3 branch (who indented the bus) told my sgt tat 0700 bus come.. so ya.. but in the end, until 0715 bus not here.. so my sgt called tat S3 branch sgt, and he said he bluffed my sgt.. its actually bus coming at 0745! Fwah! I tell you.. tat feeling wasnt good lah! Imagine we waited so long for the bus!

Wat's worse is tat the bus came late! So ya.. had to like wait again.. When we reached there, it was the usual drills.. Learn the "Fue Di Joir" drill with the SAR21.. It was tough.. sometimes, I got so shack, that I kenna mixed up the "Fue Di Joir" drill with the "Hormat" drill.. of course, kenna scolded by the RSMs when they see me doing this! Cannot blame me wat! I was blur!

Anyway, before we left, we did an initial contingent sizing.. and never did I expect I was so near to my sec sch friend, Zijing, who was also in Tengnah GOH.. so ya.. In actual fact, I'm standing beside him in the contingent lah! So happy! At least I get to talk to him =).. So its really a chance to catch up as he said!

Went back to bunk and then slept for a while before we bk out for the day and bk in 2300 on the same nite for drill tml (18/4)..

Tuesday (18/4/2006)

Woke up this morning again with my watch but this time it didnt ring, becos I realised this time the setting of the timing has gone haywired again.. didnt set properly.. I actually set it to 6.00pm rather than 6.00am..

Then went for drill at nee soon camp.. super near! As usual, between the 4 airbases, we were the nearest to nee soon camp but then the latest! Ha.. guess Sembawang standard is like this =)..

During the drill break, manage to talk to Zijing (who was standing beside me) for a bit lah.. so ya..

Then afternoon before I went for lunch at cookhouse, I've got news tat I've got to go to Guardroom to clear some stuff as well as to book in tonite at 2300 becos' tml morning got to help in the 100% incoming check!

I was like really mad up there already! Can't the mounting shift as well as the P1 for today go down and help? Do they really need the whole GOH shift to go down? Like tat you muz why ask GOH shift to do the 100% incoming check.. isn't tat better? I was like argghh.. right up there already! Going to explode anytime!!
At first, I tot my sgt never speak up to my RSM abt this matter.. but my RSM said my GOH shift have to go down and help out in the 100% incoming check tml, becos not enuf ppl.. so no choice.. have to do wat my RSM said loh! Haix..

So ya.. then came home by cab.. wanted to go to the POSB Bank near my place but once I reached there, I realised tat it was under renovation.. so ya.. came back home..

On my computer and started this blog and at the same time, had my dinner! so ya..

Then on MSN, I chatted with a few ppl.. Zijing (who is in Tengnah as an RP), KC and Sidney!

Oh.. this is for Sidney! Congrats on ur IPPT Gold! Dun worry abt wat other ppl say ya! As long as you did ur best and you never cheat, tat shld be all right! No need to get upset abt wat other ppl say loh! You have my 100% support and congrats ya =).. so where's my treat? =P.. ha..

At the same time, I ranted my mounting woes to Sidney telling him how's the feeling of being in GOH Shift! Everyone in the flight is like kept bullying us lah; as in giving us verbal insults, etc.. But Sidney managed to clear the air and comforted me with his kind words! Thanks ah bro! =)

I also ranted my woes to Zijing and I'm glad tat I'm not the only one who experience this.. he also did.. so ya.. at least someone experience it too lah =).. Besides ranting, I also chat with him other stuff.. so ya.. =).. its quite enjoyable to chat with him though!

Ok lah.. I've got to end this blog and then surf other stuff before I bk in later.. Sianz ah! Oh ppl! I'm on P1 duty tml so wont be bking out.. so ya.. Thurs evening then I come home.. so ya.. I'll cya then ya =)

Oh! today is EXACTLY 6 mths more to my ORD date! Yeh!!

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 183 DAYS to ORD!!

GOH Shift good anot?,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: