"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Grumpy Day!!

Well.. today is really a grumpy day for me.. I want to rant! So pls. let me do it here, will you? =)

Anyway, morning was fine lah.. no problems! But it all start in the afternoon!

When we reached the rehearsal place, it apparently was the wrong place, and the worse thing is tat no one told us abt the change in venue for rehearsal.. so in the end, we had to walk like close to 1km to the place under the hot sun! And mind you, tat was a 12.40pm sun! Can u imagine how hot the sun is? Arghh..

Then nvm.. when we are in the right place for rehearsal, though its sheltered, however, again, the Parde RSM was the problem! This time its not his command got problem, but its the warm-up drill tat he conducted! He totally exhaust us lah! Then as if its not enuf, he actually spend close to 3 hrs on a drill procedure (which wld only take place in the event of wet weather!).. and then, we had to march 1 km to the actual site for another rehearsal! Was supposed to do the first time full rehearsal a bit of a "fast-forwarded" process.. but then, becos he explain here and there, and also some of the contingents cock up and the Parade Commander needs somemore explanation, in the end, a "fast-forwarded" drill doesn't sound like one loh!

I tot after the first time, they wld let us go off.. but then the unexpected happen loh! One more run.. this time, its a full run! And guess wat! At 1720, the second run has not even started! I think it was at 1730, then the second round start.. one by one, u can see the ppl in the contingent were either half dead or low morale!

Then by the time we finish our drill, it is alredy 1810 (original timing to end is 1730!).. took bus back to camp.. and the uncle acually drive quite fast lah!

Then send arms, and back to bunk and change.. then as we walk out to Toranto, something happened! One of my ex-shift sgt was making noise and was very angry tat we did a stunt while walking to X-ray.. actually, tat stunt is very minor one loh.. I dun see anything wrong abt it.. in fact, I do it all the time.. in broad daylight somemore where there are a lot of cars during wkdays somemore! So I dun see why today muz be an exception we cant do it! And I dun koe why this sgt was so angry for wat!

I got the feeling tat he is angry over something or someone made him angry.. and he vent his anger on us! You call this ethics as a sergeant? My foot understand!! Arghh.. it doesnt mean tat he is a 2nd sergeant, he can juz throw rank.. my friend said it rite.. We see him do the same stunt b4 loh.. Heard frm my friend tat he is angry becos the base orderly sergeant (BOS) was there.. pls loh.. I seriously think tat the BOS for today doesn't mind loh! Its not as if he never seen b4! Dun koe wat's wrong with this sgt lah! Arghh.. He said he want to see us tml to settle this issue.. My friend suggested we go as a group and talk to him.. Arghh.. enuf abt him! The more I mention abt him, my blood wld boil! Such unreasonable sergeant also have in my base! Arghh..

Then as one of the bus came out, the bus uncle was so good tat he gave us a lift down Toranto Gate! So nice.. then boon sen & me took a cab home loh, becos its like 7pm liaox.. quite late.. if take bus, probably I reach home at abt 8+pm..

Anyway, told this cab frm this certain company (dun want to say which company, or else ah.. will tarnish the reputation of the cab company!.. but wat I can tell you tat its reputable! Tats all I can tell you!).. it was ok all the way until my friend alighted and I reminded the cab driver abt my destination.. Initially, I wanted to ask the cab driver which way is faster (as in which way have more traffic light, and whether the way I usually go will have a lot of traffic lights?).. and this taxi driver was like so pissed off with my asking.. as if its my fault! He answered me back, "so now which way u want me to go?".. he gave me tat kind of look loh!! And I got so pissed off tat I juz tell him to go the normal way tat I know lah, becos I say the alternative way, he dun koe how to go and I'm not sure too! Then he gave me tat kind of look.. so irritating! arghh.. I was actually on the verge of copying his name and cab no. and complain to the company.. but was too lazy to do so lah.. Thinking of which, I regretted my actions.. I shld have complained! Is this how he give customer service? argghhh.. it doesnt help tat I'm in a bad mood today too!

Well.. came home super shack.. and thank goodness, no one shorten my fuse at home, or else, I dun koe wat I'm gonna do! Gonna sleep soon.. super tired lah, after all the drills.. haix..

Tml is another drill session.. Guess I'll be mentally tortured again tml, since I'm mentally tortured today at drill! haix..

** 15 DAYS to my 22nd birthday!!

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 224 DAYS to ORD!!

Grumpy old fellow,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: