"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Super happy!

Well.. am super happy today.. u all koe why? Becos' I went shopping!! Yeh!! Shopping makes me so so happy!!

Anyway, read on.. this is a fantastic blog! ha.. anyway, below are the details lah..

Send arms at abt 0745 before leaving bunk and came home from camp. By the time I reach home, its close to 0900. Ate my bought breakfast, and then rest a while by watching TV loh..

Then, bathe and wore my usual "go out" clothing and then went to visit my grandma at the old folk's home first! then its shopping, and more shopping!

First stop, Tampines Mall..

This photo shows the LATEST album (as of 17/02/06) by JJ Lin Junjie! I was looking for this album in music stores since Fri (17/02/06) but to no avail, becos they say the stock was not here.. So my priority today was to buy this CD.. so there I went to hunt for this CD.. at first went to this unknown shop, and they sold it at $19.90. Seeing tat it was expensive, I went on to CD-Rama to check out the price.. and it was indeed cheaper. Paid $18.95 for this CD. and moreover, it comes with a FREE Giant poster of JJ Lin Junjie! Dun koe wat to do with it though! Its really big!! Anyway, think will chuck it aside and leave it to grow dust! ha.. =P..
Well.. Like a few tracks in this album, which I listen it over and over again.. Love Track 1,6,7 & 11! So wat can I say? This album rox lah! And oh.. he is actually a Christian, worshipping in Westside Anglican Church! Oh man.. didn't koe this brother-in-Christ is so talented! ha.. =)

Then my family proceeded to Orchard.. for more shopping (for me of course!)..

First stop, Giordano.. Bought the below 2 items at member's price.. total it costs me $52.70.. and mind u, this is after a 15% member's discount price! Imagine without discount.. how much wld I have to pay?

Oh.. btw, Giordano changed its season today.. the new season is called "its black".. and yes.. therefore, the collection is black, white and grey loh..

This shirt is grey in colour, and Large in size! Usual price: $26. Member's price: $22.10.
Material is super comfortable, becos its Lycra and cotton! Actually my Giordano size is medium, but becos of my broad shoulders, think tat large suits me better! so decide to get large instead.
There was 2 other colours, black and white.. but my mum say this color easier to match and its nicer.. so therefore I bought this colour loh! Nice right? =)

This is my fave clothing! White linen 3/4 pants! This is always like my dream clothing lah! I like anything tats its linen material and white! Super comfortable and easy on the eye!
If you go to the Giordano store and see this piece of clothing carefully, you wld realise tat it is very interesting.. go down to any Giordano store and see for yourself! Seeing is believing!
Usual price: $36. Member's price: $30.60.
Again, there are 2 colors; black and kakki. My dad asked me how much I bought this pants and he decide to get one too.. but its kakki colour.. becos he see it very nice loh.. =).. see how much am I an influencer! ha.. =P

Oh.. then where do I start for the next shopped item? Man.. Anyway, my parents gave me $80 as a birthday present.. so actually, in my mind, I was thinking how much to spend and wat to buy.. I got 3 choices in mind..
(a) A Braun Buffel wallet (which costs me abt $90-100).
(b) A Crumpler bag (which range frm $97-$150)
(c) A Pony sneaker (which is abt $50-$60).

First stop, went to look for price of the Pony sneaker.. and it was quite cheap I muz say.. Initially, I tot its super ex like $80-90+.. but then its abt $50+.. but after thinking for a while, not so worth it.. so idea (3) not valid!

Then, went to Braun Buffel merchandise store in Metro Paragon. They are offering me a 10% discount, but my mum said nothing special becos the design is abt the same! I'm juz like paying for the buffolo loh.. ha.. so now, idea (1) is not valid too!

So tat leaves me with idea (2); a Crumpler bag! Went into the shop and the shop assistant told me the bag which I want initally (a $96 bag), was the last pc.. and then it was no shoulder pad provided.. whereas this bag u see in the photo, everything was provided.. and it costs a whopping $149! but I wld think this is betetr.. becos there is a zip compartment in front of the bag and shoulder pad provided.. so its like paying an extra $20+.. becos if I buy the $96 bag with shoulder pad, it wld cost me $120+.. so ya.. I pay the extra $20+ for extra features lah.. So overall, this bag is like my costliest bag so far! Never did I pay so much for a bag before! But a relief tat finally I can have a Crumpler bag which I always wanted! And oh.. its available in 3 colors; blue, brownish-green & red.. so I took red loh.. red is striking lah =)
Oh.. did I tell u tat this bag has a lifetime warranty.. the first 6 mths (if any defect due to wear and tear), if tear or sumthing, I can go back with receipt to change it F.O.C! After 6 mths, if I want to send for repair, I have to pay $15. So ya.. at least the $149 I pay for is worth it lah.. considering its the brand and the warranty I'm paying.. probably the material too! Heard frm my sis tat they material makes ur stuff waterproof, which means even though the outside is wet, inside the stuff wont be wet! wonder how true is tat!

Then its Carl's Jr at Suntec for dinner.. My parents were the first-timers there, whilst I was second.. so ya.. Last time I tried the Single Western Bacon Cheeseburger.
So this time, I tried something different.. I tried the Super Star with cheese.. not bad I muz say.. the veges (lettuce and tomato) were generous! I requested NO onion! Even my mum said not bad too! So ya.. of course bought the combo lah.. got free refill of drinks leh.. ha..

This is the inside of Super Star burger.. Power right? This photo is taken frm my humble Nokia 6230.
Ingredients tat make up the Super Star burger (courtesy of www.carlsjr.com/menu):
(a) 2 charboiled all-beef patties
(b) 2 slices of American cheese
(c) Crisp lettuce
(d) 2 slices of tomato
(e) Sliced onions
(f) Dill pickles
(g) Special sauce
(h) Mayonnaise on a sesame seed bun

Another view of my Super Star burger. This time, its frm the top. Anyway, this photo is once again taken frm my humble Nokia 6230.

How cld you say you eat Carl's Jr without eating their Chilli Cheese Fries? Well.. even my parents (who were first timers) even gave their thumbs up for this dish! So yupz.. its tat good lah.. so for those who have not tried it yet, what are u waiting for? If I'm not wrong, this costs $3.60.
But I change it frm my combo meal, so dun koe whether they still charge $3.60 for it still!

So my dinner (which is Super star combo) costs abt $13! So ya.. Was reak full after tat (becos I drank 3 cups of drinks!).. oh.. a must-try drink in Carl's Jr was the Ice Tea (which they brew themselves).. so for those who are on a diet or dun like soft drinks (or even Season's Ice Tea), this is the drink for you.. its unsweetened tea.. for those who prefers a little sweetness, sugar syrup is provided.. and for those who likes tea with a little twist, small slices of lemon are available too! =)

Then came home, and then took all these photos u see above.. and then started blogging and at the same time, upload these photos into blogger loh! so ya..

I counted on the bus how much I've spent today.. and its abt $200! No joke! $200 all in juz a mere 8 hrs! fwah! see how much money I can spent at one go!! There is actually another Adidas shirt ($59), which I want to buy, but have to hold on first, becos scared not enuf money.. maybe nxt mth buy or sumthing =)

ok lah.. gtg and sleep liaox.. waking up tml to go back to camp for GOH briefing (i think!).. sianx ah.. maybe nxt wk I no long wkend (kenna jia now loh!) becos heard tat we doing duty nxt wkend.. sianx.. then all those who got super long wkend (fri evening-mon morning) earn loh.. My P1 and the other shift P1 lost out loh! haix.. hope we can fight back loh!

Ok.. really gtg this time liaox..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 241 DAYS to ORD!!

Shopaholic,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: