"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Ranting!! Arghh...

Ok.. this post is all abt me ranting.. so read on.. hope I dun use any foul language or any tone which doesnt sound very apt.. eeks..

Today went to bunk, only to koe that when I started to change into my PT (Physical Training) attire and rested on my bed for a while, I easily got 4 mosquito bites.. and you all koe lah.. Mosquito bites can be super irritating! Ever since they start to fog my bunk building and recently, the fogging sessions have slowed down (unlike last time, its 2-3 times a wk!).. and dun koe izzit becos of the hot and humid weather or something, mosquitos are breeding and biting like no one's business! In the nite, its worst! I need to cover with blanket (from top to toe) in order to prevent bites; even during hot days, I have to do this too, or else, you wld see me filled with mosquitoe bites all over my forearm! As my friend said, I'm fighting a battle with the mosquitos in my sleep, and if I got biten, means I lost! Ha.. silly friend of mine! =)

Then afternoon, my GOH shift did fatigue work! We went to this super ulu place in my base to collect the con-wires, which initially is for construction. And tat place is super super hot! We went there at abt 1330 to collect the con-wires.. so can u imagine how hot the place wld be? Moreover, tat place is barren (ie, NO vegetation!).. We are more like Bangla workers rather than NSF FDS personnel! And becos of today's fatigue work, we, the NSF FDS GOH personnels salute the Bangla workers, becos its like everyday in such weather they do their job! You see.. its like we did this shitty thing for only an hour, and we complained! but the Banglas, they have did this for dun koe how many yrs liaox! Banglas, we salute you! =)

Then, at nite after I came home, my friend SMS me to tell me to fall in at 0730 in PT attire tml.. my officer's orders! I was like WTH! Why in the first place muz fall in at 0730? Isn't our offical timing to fall in is 0745/0800? And I was super angry at first, becos no reason is given!
I re-confirm again and again with the SMS source person, and he kept saying yes.. still at 0730..
I then asked him to call back my officer to remind him tat tml afternoon we have drills at Tengnah Air Base.. he said my officer answered tat he knew.. but he still want us to fall in at 0730! At this time when I heard this, I blew my top!
After much clarification and moments later, another SMS came later, telling me tat the reason for the falling in early is becos of the Flight Run tml.. Of course, I was more inquisitive, and got to clarify this with my bro in camp, Sidney.. and he told me a lot abt this Flight Run (which is initiated by my OC).. Thanx bro! =)..
So I no choice.. I have to "suck thumb" and fall in at 0730 tml.. Looks like I have to take cab again tml! I have like taken cab since yesterday for bookouts and have spend $9 on cab fare over the past 2 days! And tats ex lah!

Then once at home, rested a while, and watched my recorded videos for a while, before I on the computer and then started blogging.. and at the same time, MSN chat with a few of my friends..

From one of the dismounting shift members (whom I koe becos he is my ex-shift 1 mate), told me tat the sgt who planned yesterday's duty was super unfeeling! As you all koe, my base now have new sgts who are under OJT (On-The-Job) training and this wk, they have to mount duty juz like us, men (which acutally lessens our duties for the time being when they are being in OJT).. so anyway, this sgt is totally unfeeling lah! He actually planned some of the OJT ppl having 10-12 hrs CONTINUOUS duty (NO rest! Except for lunch and/or dinner).. one person even got only 4 hrs rest out of the 24 hrs! So its like he mounted 20hrs of duty, and this is super shiong lah! This sgt is inhuman loh! Even if its OJT, its not necessary to whack tat hard loh! Maybe for a start, 6 hrs straight still ok.. but 10-12 hrs, tis is simply too much liaox! Even we men dun have such duty before! Anything above 4 hrs, we would start to "make noise", and the sgt wld change it most of the time.

As mentioned above, I called my bro in camp, Sidney, to ask him abt the run and stuff.. and surprisingly, we started chatting on the phone for abt 10 mins! Well.. its certainly an apt time tat I called and talked to him on the phone lah.. becos it helped me to forget the anger of all the events tats happening to me this past week.. and as if its not enuf to chat on the phone, we even chat on MSN! So wat can I say bro? Thank you for chatting with me! =) Our conversation is simply enjoyable =).. hope we cld have more of these kind of conversations ya =)

ok lah.. gtg and sleep liaox.. waking up early tml morning.. muz also have enuf sleep for tml's run.. but anyway, I'm tired liaox, so need to sleep lah..

A grumpy old fellow,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: