"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, January 01, 2006

What a start to a new Year!

First & foremost, I wld like to wish you all readers out there, have a
HAPPY & BLESSED NEW YEAR 2006!!
*Hope you all like this new revamped blog! Its especially for you readers! =)

Well.. it has been great to end 2005 and start 2006!.. Read on to find out more!

Farewell dinner for Wendy & Sarah @ Seoul Garden & Haagen Dazs



On Fri (30/12), went to meet Josh, Sarah & Wendy for a farewell dinner (for both Sarah & Wendy!).. Met up with Josh @ City Hall MRT like at 1830, but apparently, he had some council meeting before this.. so therefore, he was late! Worst still, Sarah & Wendy was early, so 3 of us waited for Josh lahz.. haiz.. he ah..

Then he came in his shorts and we was like "Josh, u like tat going to eat dinner with us? No way loh!".. but thank God he brought a change of clothes.. so ya.. We went first to Seoul Garden (which Josh, who was the organiser, initially said tat it was a surprise, but then after much probing frm me on tat day, he finally said tat it was Seoul Garden!).. Actually, was not very keen in Seoul Garden at first, becos' I tot the food there sux.. but then after the other previous day's trip to Seoul Garden, I've changed my mind.. and wld think tat its not a bad place to dine anyway!

It has improved its variety of choices.. it ranges frm jap fanfare (like sushi & other stuff) to western (eg: pizza) to asian (eg: chinese tim sum, satay, etc).. so the spread was quite good.. moreover, I think we have to pay additional for free flow of drinks (drinks were green tea, lemon tea, peach tea & lemonade & soft drinks)..




The gals (Wendy & Sarah) shot!






The guys (Josh & me) shot!






This pic shows the self-made dessert tat I made.. posing at the camera with Josh! My dessert nice rite? =).. inside got atap seed (commonly known as atap chee), soursop and dried pesimmons.. top with ice and decorated with colourful starch bits!






This pic depicts tat Wendy is trigger happy! Apparently, both Sarah & Wendy was trigger happy lah.. dun koe wat spurtted them to do it.. but ya.. anyway, after which, we wanted to go to Haagen Dazs to eat ice-cream.. but then, no space initially.. so we reserved and then we went to the bridge near Esplanade and walk walk.. and then the person called to say a table is available, and then we proceed back to have our ice-cream! The ice-cream was marvellous!! We ordered the following:








The Divine Combi
(3 scoops of ice cream + 2 toppings = macademia + strawberry cheesecake + mango sherbet + roasted almonds topping + banana topping)




This is some brownie dessert (can't remember the name liaoz).. This is
actually a brownie, top with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and drizzled with chocolate fudge; and it is soaked in a small amt of expresso! Quite a unique dessert, but sweet though.






Then what I'm gonna say is funny.. read on..
Apparently, everyone finishes the divine combi ice-cream, but no one finish up the brownie, so we played game to finish the brownie! And guess wat! It left with a quarter of brownie, and I cut it into 4 pcs, hoping tat I wld not need to finish it all.. and so, becos the gals have a sore throat, therefore they stopped eating, so its only Josh & I played! So thinking tat my "scissors, paper, stone" sure win, I therefore am game to play with him! And guess wat.. I lost ALL 4 games and had to finish up everything!
*Josh,. if you are reading this, just you wait!! =P
(The photo above shows my expression of losing and thus, have to eat everything.. haiz.. FATS & CALORIES!! ahhh...)

Then after which, we went home, and had a great time chatting along the way! Sarah & I will take the same bus.. so we actually got bus in front of Esplanade, but then, Josh looks very poor thing, so both of us accompanied him! Then after we almost reached Josh's location, seeing tat it was late, I shall be a gentlemen and walked Sarah hoe! =).. then we was like contradicting whether take MRT or bus.. but after much discussion to see which was nearer, and cleared all misunderstandings of stop location, we finally decided tat taking bus wld be a much better idea!

So after I walked Sarah home, by the time I reach home, it was really late liaoz.. went back and bathe, and slept!

Well.. for photos, pls. check photo gallerys > JAD SWATCH Outings > Farewell Dinner For Sarah & Wendy Photos.

The BEST New Year I've celebrated with anyone!



It is New Year's Eve (NYE) and its one day which I look forward for! My bro, Andrew, suggested St. John Island to celebrate NYE.. but then, last minute plans cancelled.. so pent NYE in church instead..

Went there for church service, and juz so happen tat my bros, Ash, Nat & Andrew were sitting at the same row of chairs, so I went forward to sit with them!

And it was time for testimony! Andrew apparently "dared" Nat to go up and say his tesimony, and ending with his famous words, "To God Be The Glory, The Best Is Yet To Be!".. Surprisingly, Nat was so game , and he went loh! So cool right? Nat, way to go bro! =)

LEFT: Photo of the Red ones (Alvin & the Tjows) taken @ Marche.

Then, we went to Marche for dinner! And I was shocked! Min. spending for each card is $15 instead of the normal $10! So Andrew, Nat & myself walked the whole of Martche, wanting to eat something different! In the end, Andrew & Nat found their kind of food.. so they share loh! I not wanting to eattheir kind of food, went back to eat my usual, Rosti & Garlic Sausage! Then to fulfill the $15, I drank Ginger Beer.. Shiok I tell ya!!

Then we joked around in Marche lah.. making the whole place so noisy! hahaz.. my table (comprises of Nat, Ash, Andrew, Jon, Samuel & Jeremy) joked the most! But Andrew was named the Sicko King of Year 2005, and Nat is crowned the Lame King of Year 2005. Wonder whether will they continue their titles in 2006? Hmm.. we shall see..
And tat nite was really scandalous! Everyone let down their hair (esp. me!!) and take scandalous photos! Its been a long time since I've enjoyed myself so much.. so anyway, since its NYE, why not do it? ha.. so ya.. you may think how scandalous I can be? View the photos of this event in the Photo Gallery to see how "loose" I can be! ha.. Enjoy! *grins cheekily*
Anyway, Andrew was really CHEEKY tat nite! Anything I said, he can like think of it "another direction" (if ya koe wat I mean!!).. So its like anything I say, it wld not be right!! hahaz..
*Andrew, betcha you can remember this right? =P You cheeky boy!!

LEFT: A photo (from my camera) of the 9 minute fireworks "blown up" @ Esplanade

After which, a group of us (Felicia, Natasha, my sis, Sarah, Andrew, Nat, Ash, Jeremy, Tash & Alvin) went to Esplanade to catch the fireworks! The initial plan was to walk frm Marche, Orchard to Esplanade, but then, after much persuasion frm Josh, we decide to take MRT instead. Walked from City Hall MRT to Esplanade.. and there was again too many ppl! So we walked frm Esplanade to Benjamin Sheares Bridge, and it was a long, long, walk.. but then it was enjoyable lah..

When we reached, we were shocked tat almost half the bridge was filled with people waiting for the fireworks! What a crowd! Most of the ppl there are professional photographers; all armed with their tripod and SLR cameras! *eerks! Scary!!*

So we reached there like 2150, and sat there & wait lah.. in the meantime, we played games to pass time! Played the animal game, and the usual, turth or dare! Cool!

My sis & Sarah left halfway, and its left to the rest of us! So we waited till it was time for the fireworks and I record it with my digicam! It was beautiful lah! Ask me to send you via MSN if you want! =) I'll be glad to send it to you!

Then, after the fireworks, we went to chill out (drink coffee lah!! all underage except me leh.. so wat u expect? drink alcohol meh? =P).. Wanted to go Starbucks @ Suntec, but then too many ppl.. Actually wanted to walk to Orchard (Ash's idea a bit the crazy rite?), but then Felicia complaining of going home, so instead , we went to Starbucks @ Raffles City.

On the way to Raffles City, Ash met his cousin.. I must say she is not bad-looking, but a bit of hysterical.. sometimes a bit exaggerating too! (Sorry Ash if you are reading this! Juz expressing my tots!)

Oh yah.. Anyway, wanted to try a new drink frm Starbucks since its the New Year.. but apparently, nothing loh.. so drank my 2nd usual @ Starbucks, Rhumba Frap.

LEFT: Nat & his Venti sized, Mocha Frap.

By the time we are done drinking, Nat ordered a drink and its "Venti" size somemore(FYI: Venti is the largest size for a Starbucks drink).. and I was like "Fwah! A miracle!" [becos Nat dun usually spend money on coffee joints!].. so ya.. then we was like making speculations tat it muz be Nat's resolution for Year 2006! hahaz =P

Then tat was abt 0200 once we finished our coffee! And we decide to go home! But the prob is no cab (since MRT stops its last service at 0130).. so we waited and walked frm Raffles City to Allson Hotel (near SMU), hoping tat we cld get cab.. but then, its either cab phone line busy or no cab at tat moment! so ya.. In the end, managed to call can at 0300 and Comfort Company picked up the call! Comfort company the best lah! =)

Managed to call for 3 cabs! Shared cab with Jeremy and by the time I bathe, it was 0345, and woke up at 1130! Never in my life have I woke up so late b4.. so ya! haiz.. tat was the end of Year 2005 and a start to 2006!

Well.. for photos, pls. check photo gallerys > Church (OCC/HCC/GJ) Events > Happy New Year 2006 Photos!

Happy New Year 2006 once again!!

Reminscing 2005, welcoming 2006,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: