"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, January 20, 2006

Updates..

Well.. its been a week since I've posted, so naturally, a lot of things to say.. so anyway, this post wld only be 2 posts long.. so ya.. so here goes..

14 Jan 2006 (Sat)

A SURPRISED MEETING WITH AN OLD PAL

Well.. at least something happy happened to me today while on my way to dinner @ Meridian.. followed Josh & Alvin. Alvin went to draw money frm ATM, while Josh and I walked into 7-11 and juse see see look look!

When Alvin finished drawing his money frm the ATM, we all set off together for Meridian!! Then, the surprise came! Guess who I saw!! I saw Joel (my CLOSEST pal in my recent mission trip, The Ultimate Road Trip 2004).

This photo you see here is taken during my mission trip.. One of whom u see is me, and the other guy is Joel lah! I was tat fat/chubby at tat time (becos NOT in NS @ tat time mahz!).. This pose quite cool rite? haha =P

Joel & I was quite stunned initially abt seeing each other, becos its been a year since we met! Therefore, we had a good solid chat of abt 10 mins at entrance of Centrepoint and then I left to have dinner at Meridian. Will chat and meet up with him again soon (hopefully) after our meeting today..

Ate the usual, Korean, at Meridian. Had a craving.. muz satisfy! I aimed to eat it before my base exercise starts and before I booked in!

Then its time to go back camp, and so I cabbed to camp!! Josh persuaded me to take bus with him, but I refused, simply becos I was too lazy to walk up Toranto! So ya.. found a cab quite easily, but then the cab I flagged down has to make tat 1 big round again; I flagged the cab at one location initially, but relaised it was the main road and cabs not allowed to stop there.. so ya.. and the worst thing is tat its jam almost a quarter of the joruney frm Orchard to camp! Th worst thing is tat the meter kept running; so by the time I'm done with the jam, close to $6 has past! This means $6 worth of journey, I'm stuck in jams! Arghh.. sickening!! It doesn't even help tat there was a $1 surcharge (due to flagging down a cab in the CBD area!), which I didn't koe of initially, becos all laong I take cab, no cab driver has charged $1 extra! So when I stepped into the cab and saw tat $1 extra, I asked the cab driver abt the doubts of $1 extra. He told me the reason and I juz take it as it is lah! When reached camp, the fare was $13.50 (excluding the $1 extra).. I gave $15 and the cab driver gave me back $1. I was like a bit confused as to he shld give me $0.50 instead, but then, he gave me $1. Wanted to ask him why, but didnt bother!!

Hitched a ride frm my friend to bunk. After reaching bunk, I bathed, and the water is so darn cold!! At 2330, I offically slept so soundly tat I didn't koe tat there was a quarrel and eventually a fight in the middle of the night! Tat's how tired I am!

Woke up the next morning and I was super sianz becos I was mounting duty! Haix..

However, one thing I was happy.. Yesterday, despite the bk-in timing and stuff, it was not as glommy as I tot! Yeh!!

15 Jan 2006 (Sunday)

EVE TO EXERCISE ROVER

Yes readers! The base exercise tat I was talking few days ago, is termed as Exercise Rover!

Duty yesterday was at Eastern Gate.. did 10 hrs of duty.. Quite slack but one of my main duties were at 0100 - 0500.. The witching hour of donig duty! Duty @ 0100 - 0500 is totally torturing!

Brought my Advance Theory book to study.. and I was K.O.ed for 2 solid hrs after my duty! Lying and sleeping on the bed enever feel this good! I think I'm becoming a sleep God soon!! hahaz..

After dismounting, went back bunk to sleep and slack, since can't book out!

Exercise Rover officially starts tml!!

No comments: