"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, January 20, 2006

Chinese New Year Shopping!!

Well.. Chinese New Year shopping is one thing which I've been looking forward this whole week at camp!

After my lunch at home, bathe and got out of the hse.. first stop, to Beach Road army market to buy some stuff..

Then after which, its me walked to Lavander MRT frm Beach Road (which takes abt 10 mins) and went to Chinatown for my CNY shopping!

Wanted to buy the "Lim Chee Guan" bak kwa for this CNY.. but then, to my disappointment, they said sold out.. so disbelieving, I went to the front and see the stocks of bak kwa! And there was a lot.. so I was saying how come it cld be sold out when there are so many pcs in front? I then see the lady boss coming to tell the remaining unfortunate few (including me) tat the reason why no more is becos to avoid disappointments frm customers.. becos when ppl buy, they easily can buy close to 6-10kgs! So to avoid disappointments the next day when customers want to buy the bak kwa, they have to ration their sales.. Can see ppl are complaining, but the lady boss dun care! She still stand firm to her decision!!.. So ya.. and the queue was super long loh!!

The main thing I want this CNY is actually "Lim Chee Guan" bak kwa, and therefore I can't get it today (if I want, I can go back tml 0900 to try my luck again.. but then after discussion with my mum, becos she was saying dun koe how long the queue wld be tml morning at 0900, and suddenly, it last till afternoon, and I can't go church? so ya.. thinking of it, also true lah.. so ya.. didnt buy loh!!)
So naturally, I was disappointed.. haix..

Then after tat, guess the next best choice wld be the "Mei Zhen Xiang" Bak Kwa.. bought 1 kg! =).. packaging was good.. and then, met up with my dad.. and both of us went to shop the 500 makeshift stores in Chinatown.. and as we walked, we see wat we cld buy for CNY.. so my dad pay some and I paid some.. some of the stuffs I bought, I was very satisfied with it!! So ya.. love the shopping and the crowd atmosphere at Chinatown!

Then we took the NEL back frm Chinatown.. and on the way, my dad and I counted how much we spend on the new yr goodies.. and its a whopping close to $70! fwah!! tats a lot lah!!

Came home, ate dinner and now on computer blogging! Cool rite =)..

ok.. gtg and do other stuff liaoz..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 271 DAYS to ORD!!

Gong Xi Gong Xi,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: