"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Dismount loh!

Friday's returning to camp was quite a hard thing to do.. becos' its like we off since Friday afternoon and then there is this reluctance to go back to camp.. its natural lah!.. but then still have to go back.. haiz.. =(

I like left my hse at abt 10.30pm on Friday (14/10), but then John, my good friend, called me to buy for him breakfast to camp.. cereals, milk and orange juice to be exact! Man.. I was like on the phone with him like 30 mins, then he decided exactly wat he want and stuff! Was quite impatient lah.. but wat to do?? my good friend.. muz do him the favour.. in the end, after buying, I boarded the bus like 11pm! haiz ..=(

Well.. yes! I've dismounted frm duty at camp today and I muz say something which is real funny! So here goes..

The previous mounting, all of us were pretty tired and therefore was not really ourselves during the march down to guardroom. This is becos most of us in the shift were involved in the Change Of Command (CoC) Parade in one way or another, despite tat we did duties and stuff, so naturally we are tired lah! Then when we reached the main guardroon, we kenna scolded by one of our sgt (wld not say his name, but all I can say tat this is the same sgt whom I've mentioned few days ago in my previous blogpost.. tat really temperamental one..).. he said something like this: "eh.. wat's wrong with you all? Why all so low morale? I tot morale shld be quite high today right?".. and he said this in a very pissed off manner lah.. which I dun really understand wats his damn problem lah.. I then thought this to myself:"can't we be all tired, so tats y our marching is not really the normal standard Why are u so upset? And helo! You all juz ba-long-long walk leh.. whereas we as men are marching down.. arghh.."

Was really upset lah.. but somehow something turned around yesterday! He was on leave for yesterday's mounting and somehow I felt happy, dun koe whether I'm sadistic or am I starting to hate him?? I dun koe.. anyway, not too sure whether my shift is so suddenly so energetic becos' probably of yesterday's half day off and therefore we got rest and stuff, or izzit becos' this sgt (whom I've referred to as tempermental) is actually not here! So I wld positively say tat the most probable reason is tat he's not here lah! =) Anyway, we were so high morale yesterday tat we actually shout out timing and stuff.. its juz like plain happy tat we mount today lah! maybe becos today is a wkend mounting, so most of us gets more time to rest! =)

Well.. even though I'm like having quite a good number of rest yesterday, but sumhow I still feel tired after dismounting today.. even as I'm writing this blogpost! But then come to think of it, its Sunday and its a wkend, and I dun want to waste it off juz like tat.. so I wld think tat I will still surf net and do my other stuff lah before I bk in tml in camp!

Oh ya.. currently my new friend, Sidney Wong, the COPA of FDS SBAB (my squadron in camp lah) has suddenly added me in MSN.. and I'm currently chatting with him and as well, give him tips and ideas of how to improve his blog! (man.. didn't koe he had a blog initially!!)
Besides teaching him, we are also chatting juz like old friends! We chat abt anything under the sun!! Currently chatting with him abt food; Carl's Jr to be exact!! We both have a passion for food (buffets to be exact lah!).. and we have similar hobbies too.. so very easier to spark off a topic! =)


And yes.. after awaiting for so long, I'm gonna go to Chomp Chomp later this evening to ta-pow back dinner! Oh man.. my fave foods.. the hokkien mee (to die for!), friend carrot cake, malay satay, satay bee hoon, orh lua (fried oyster).. ohh.. yummy! My tummy is growling! I better stop it! ha..

Oh.. great news! Its confirmed by my officer tat I'm gonna get 2 days off becos of CoC and there is NO expiry date.. dun koe when to take sia.. have to see how lah! =)

Was hving my rest time yesterday when I came across a very interesting headline in the front page sideline.. its in the Saturday's edition of The Straits Times (15/140/2005), Insight section, which has a very interesting article abt Christianity evangelism in public (health workers and teachers doing the evangelism). Go read it if you have the time!

One more thing b4 I end! yesterday during my rest time, I actually played with my phone (the SIMS game of course) for abt 3 hrs non-stop! Man.. it was fun and time juz pass so fast loh! hoho.. =)

Ok lah.. need to go and do other stuff liaoz.. think I've spend too much time on this blogpost! Ha.. time is precious!!

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 367 DAYS to ORD!!

0745. Sembawang Air Base.

SIMS crazy,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: