"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, August 20, 2005

A blogpost to pass time..

Hi peepz.. Currently in camp writing this blogpost on paper, and then transferred to the blogger webbie.. do this to avoid me being falling asleep during duty (was allocated a 6hr straight duty slot frm 1am-7am).. we.. will talk more later.. so here goes what happened to me over the past few days..
(This is gonna be long.. so be prepared!!)

Thursday (18/8/05)

Haiz.. wat a disappointment! Hong Junyang is out of the Project Superstar competition.. the blind man won the male champion.. He is near but yet so far.. what a disappointment!! =(..

Rumours were spreading tat even though he lost, some recording company has already signed him on to cut an album.. dun koe how true is tat.. but if his album come out, I wld definitely buy it loh! =)

Friday (19/8/05)

Went for RSAF day rehearsal in the afternoon. The rehearsal was quite ok.. except that I was in the leading file during the march in.. even though I was not the left marker or anything, but then there is a certain stress factor there! But thank God that nothing happened loh!

As usual, when we first went there, the emphasis is still with the sypporting contingent's drills.. so we GOH is like spending half our time there doing nothing! But what to do? We GOH had 3 gruelling mths of training prior to the RSAF day parade, so naturally we're good =P

Then at last, its our turn to go in, but for a full run instead.. so ya.. A bit sianz lah but most of the things is like SAF Day Parade (which I also attended), so everything was like "chicken-feed" loh! hahaz..

Then during the full run, there is this award giving ceremony.. I first thought that the award personnels were there to practice, but I was wrong.. it was actually only a stand-in practice (ie, the officer cadets frm Air Force School did the stand-in.. they are NOT the actual ppl doing the drills!)..

How I know that it was a stand-in practice, is becos one of the officer cadets whom I saw during the stand-inb practice was actually my primary and secondary school good pal, Samuel Tan Wenqiang..

At first, when I first saw him, I could not believe my eyes, thinking tat I saw the wrong person! But I firmly believe my eyes.. they can't be failing me at a point like this; becos this guy (ie, Samuel) frm far and near looks EXACTLY like him.. even the gestures tat he did, and the occasional talking which I overheard, sounds and makes me confirmed tat it was Samuel!!

However, my hopes that it was Samuel were actually dashed when during the stand-in practice (didn't koe tat it was a stand-in practice initially), becos' when the name was called, it was NOT Samuel's name but someone's else! But then, I still didn't believe my eyes is failing me! I was then determined to like SMS Samuel to see whether it was him.. hoever, somehow during the later part of the day, I was somehow "pulled back" frm asking (becos' didn't want to malu myself mahz!).. but then sometimes, I did want to make sure, and I somehow pluck out my courage to ask and I'm glad I did it!!

However, I didn't really expect the reply to be postive (ie, Samuel is really doing the stand-in).. but it turned out otherwise! Man.. it was such a coincidence mtg! But too bad he didn't saw me lah =(.. Anyway, chatted with him via SMS for quite a while.. below are some of the replies that he answered me whilst I was asking him questions via SMS.. (so long never see each other.. so practially chat a lot lah..!)

"1st October commissioning parade, then officially become officer"
"I'll be an officer at Chong Pang. Under ADSD (Air Defence System Division), Air Defence Artillery."
"Today last day at Air Force School, Mon (22/8) going to ADSD, then 3 wks later coming back to Air Force School to do drills/rehearsals for commissioning parade!"
"I spent 4 mths at OCS, then 6 mths at Air Force School.. My training as an officer is 10 gruelling mths!!"
"Don't think I will be there again to do rehearsals just like today =(, becos' I only came today to help my captain do some trials."

So ya.. the above incident of how I met Samuel during the rehearsal was in deed memorable, and thereby, making this rehearsal more meaningful!!

The rehearsal ended quite late (5.30pm to be exact), becos' the parade RSM wanted to do another run.. haiz.. so no choice loh.. but the Paya Lebar ppl have to go becos' they celebrate NDP (what the..?!?), so they left at about 4.30pm (after the first run!).. some ppl juz got the privilege lah!! =(

Anyway, after we reach base and bk out, its like 6.30pm liaoz.. but then I think, no point bking out loh.. becos' by the time I reach home, its like 7.30pm liaoz.. then 10.45pm need to leave hse to book in camp before 11.59pm.. so since like that, I dun bk out loh.. save money and can sleep earlier becos' Sat (20/8) mounting duty mah!

And so I did stay back, and went to cookhouse to try my luck as to whether still got dinner (by right, dinner end at 6.30pm), or else, its me eating instant noodles for dinner! Thank God there is still dinner after 6.30pm!! So I ate loh.. and even before I started eating, I got fuming mad with this person (Let's juz name him, "J").. here's the situation:

"J" asked someone to keep his bayonet becos' he extra P1 (in the first place, he shld keep the bayonet himself and NOT pass the bayonet to someone else, becos' no one else did it (not instructed by any sgt), and I believe they have kept their bayonets themselves!).. Anyway, this guy told me to help "J" keep his bayonet.. me being very lazy to keep it, I then ask the guy to put it somewhere safe (can't say where.. military secret!..) so as to like hide the thing, so it won't be stolen and stuff).. I told "J" where it is and when he heard where I put it, he actually "kao-pei" and asked me whether I wld like ppl to put it there if I was in his shoes.. I then sarcastically tell him "I'm sorry" to stop him frm nagging. but he continued.. I got so mad with him tat I move to the next table and had dinner all by myself.. a few familiar faces were eating at the same table as "J", and after I moved, I was thinking to myself whether they wld think I'm too petty over such stuff.. but I cld not care less liaoz.. Sitting there at the table for even more than a secong, will juz spoil my appetite and make my blood boil futher!)

So after I moved, I SMSed Samuel (the person whom I've mentioned earlier.. the officer cadet thing!!) So since after Y've moved, believe you me, I did NOT talk to him since.. even until now.. Its been 24 hrs and I have NOT spoken a word to him.. tat's how mad I am right now!! I have enuf of him.. argh..

As mentioned juz now, I didn't bk out.. so during the period of watching TV in bunk, I SMSed Samuel.. Then juz after I ended my conversation with Samuel, 15 mins later, another friend msged me.. this time, its my BMT section mate, Dennis Sim..

Its so sweet of him to wish me 1st enlistment anniversary (FYI: I was enlisted in NS on 190804 and I was an exact 1 year soldier yesterday), and he said tat to commemorate the event, he anted to meet up (along with the rest of my BMT seciton mates) at Bugis at 5pm for dinner today.. Well.. with much disappointment, I rejected him, becos' today I got duty.. so how to go??

However, I chatted with him via SMS also lahz.. as we chat, he revealed tat he koe one of my Field Defence Course (FDC) platoon mate, thru the driver course he attended.. my FDC platoon mate is named, Desmond Jack.. Desmond Jack was also attending the driver course, therefore, Dennis knew Desmond Jack.. Dennis then out of the blue asked Desmond Jack (mind you.. they same bunk somemore) whether he knew me.. and then.. of course, Desmond Jack say "yes" lahz.. but we were quite good pals in FDC.. so ya.. there they chatted, and Dennis knew frm Desmond Jack tat I was doing well.. I then replied Dennis tat life for me is not exactly a bed of roses, becos' I got kenna extras, etc.. but then, I added tat, beside extras, I also participated in various occasions as the GOH contingent! He then told me I was modest and all.. becos' I take part in GOH, and I still say 'm not doing well.. oh well.. opinion differs! =).. Man.. I really miss my BMT section mates, and I really hope I cld meet them up sometime!! Just by looking at the enlistment photos and thinking back the BMT days, certainly brings back fond memories! Man.. I think I'm gonna cry!! hahaz.. =)

I think I've spent like the past 1.5 hrs on this blogpost, and surprisingly 2 hrs of my duty has passed.. 4 hrs more of duty and I'm done for the day!! But tat wld be at 7am loh.. was actually supposed to be duty frm 1am - 5am, 7am - 9am.. but my friend want to sleep more, so he asked me take over his 5am duty whilst he take over my 7am duty! I agreed loh.. Anyway, the amt of sleep I have for my duty wld not differ tat much even after I swop duties!

So its liek after dinner at camp, watch Tv and by 7pm (*gulpz*), I slept until like 9.20pm.. woke up and go toilet and fill water bottle, and then back to sleep.. but its not really peaceful sleep.. becos' its like I did not sleep until like 10.30pm.. but then again, its not after 10.30pm, I sleep peacefully.. I woke up at intervals, and finally, its 1am and I did my duty loh!! So ya.. I think I'm starting to feel tired.. oh help!!

Ok lah.. I think this is too long for you.. sorry fopr the long post.. Thank you for your patience in reading!!

Back to duty,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: