"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Preparation for SAF Day Parade (Part VII)


SAF Day (March Past)
Originally uploaded by jazzkool.

Well.. yesterday was the Chief Of Defence Force (CDF) vetting.. so we wore our tailor made No.1 and everything was new! I was expecially worried with the No. 1 becos' its new and I scared staining it.. but the more I'm worried, the more stained it becomes.. haiz..

Anyway, was not able to execute the drills in a sharp manner, becos I was quite restless and lethargic! But nevertheless, manage to do the drills correctly and stuff.. except tat I almost slept during the parade, becos' the weather was so perfect (cloudy with slight drizzle) while we are doing the vetting..

The rehearsal in the morning was quite slack, as by 12 noon, we were done for the rehearsal for the day and we rested till abt 3.30pm before we got an inspection of our uniform..

Speaking of which, my peak cap is a bit in a bad shape but there was no replacement for my peak cap, becos the ppl at ST Log (Singapore Technologies Logistics) said tat one cap size was not available, therefore, they can't give.. such a stupid reason! haiz.. but thank goodness, I manage to find a replacement of the peak cap frm a Changi Air Base guy who was a reserve (a reserve was NOT involved in the actual vetting, so they juz go back to holding area and rest..).. I told this issue to the RSM in charge, and apparently, he was not very happy abt it and created quite a mayhem abt it, to a pt tat he aimed at my base's participants by juz assuming tat everyone who has sub-standard No. 1 was frm my base.. man.. this is not a good feeling! so now, I wld think tat frm now on, my RSM wld check our uniforms, instead of my sgts who is more "sui-bian".. haiz..

Well.. check out the photo gallery column which I've posted some new photos.. here are the new ones.. click the various link on the "Photo Gallery" column to view:

1. Ana's Art Work - These are the art pieces that my sis did for her 'O' Level exams which she got an A1 grade for it!

2. Info Pics: NDP 2005 Parade

3. Info Pics: SAF Day 2005 Parade

Well.. here are some interesting write-ups on SAF Day Parade..
** Copy and paste the links into ur browser and read them!

1. Introduction (http://www.mindef.gov.sg/safday/2005/index.asp)

2. Form Of Parade (http://www.mindef.gov.sg/safday/2005/parade_form.asp)

3. Parade Layout (http://www.mindef.gov.sg/safday/2005/parade_layout.asp)

4. Parade Programme (http://www.mindef.gov.sg/safday/2005/parade_info.asp)

Enjoy ur time reading those read-ups and the pics ppl..

Cya around,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: